PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk gets 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was t a blindside hit.
If he are going to call blocking a lb head on a couple of yards from the ballcarrier an illegal hit just because he decleated him we might as well make this flag football.
Burfict has a responsibility to defend himself
This is football. Juju is supposed to knock him on his ass.
Were you calling for Floyd to be suspended last year?

I'm literally just quoting the NFL's rules to you. Juju was an offensive blocker with a path parallel to his end line making his target a "defenseless player." Juju then delivered "illegal contact" to Burfict's head/neck. It fits the rule perfectly for unnecessary roughness against a defenseless player. Juju will be fined.

Floyd's hit was possibly a blind sided hit, but he did not make illegal contact on the defenseless player. Floyd's hit was shoulder to shoulder/chest. Had Floyd hit the Dolphin in the head/neck - same penalty.

It wasn t a blindside hit.
If he are going to call blocking a lb head on a couple of yards from the ballcarrier an illegal hit just because he decleated him we might as well make this flag football.
Burfict has a responsibility to defend himself
This is football. Juju is supposed to knock him on his ass.
Were you calling for Floyd to be suspended last year?
Dude...he launched the crown of his helmet to the side of another player's helmet...definitely a blindside hit. It's as clear as day and night that that **** isn't allowed in the league anymore

Most likely the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.
Pats did pretty much the same thing in that 7-6 playoff loss to Pittsburgh 20 years ago. Kordell Stewart scored when the Pats let up near the sideline, expecting him to step out of bounds. Ended up a ~40yd TD run. Lone defensive breakdown in an otherwise monster performance by the D that day.

Regards,
Chris

Excuse me if I repeat what others have said, I didn't wade through all 15 pages...

There is a silver lining to the Gronk penalty. It's shone a light on how badly he gets held. There's plenty of film out there.

As a defensive coordinator what choice do you have? If you don't hold him you get burned for 10 to 20 yards at a pop. It really is "Hack-a-Shaq".
It's worth the risk because most times it doesn't get called...it may even go the other way when he reacts.
Defensive coordinators and fans have figured it out.

The refs and the NFL are too ****in' stupid or too political to make the right call. You can see they have been instructed to emphasize ofensive inteference on Gronk.

It's another case of the other jealous, *****-ass owners whining that the Pats don't play fair.

The front office is too weak and morally bankrupt to do the right thing, which is to oversee the owners and make sure the game is played fairly.
This is the core issue and what McNair was really referring to when he said the inmates are running the assylum.
The front office is a wind sock for whichever owners whine the loudest.
They obviously like it that way because they continue to tolerate their spineless, puppet, goodell.
This has turned the NFL into the political **** show that it now is.

I'm literally just quoting the NFL's rules to you. Juju was an offensive blocker with a path parallel to his end line making his target a "defenseless player." Juju then delivered "illegal contact" to Burfict's head/neck. It fits the rule perfectly for unnecessary roughness against a defenseless player. Juju will be fined.

Floyd's hit was possibly a blind sided hit, but he did not make illegal contact on the defenseless player. Floyd's hit was shoulder to shoulder/chest. Had Floyd hit the Dolphin in the head/neck - same penalty.
Right, it's easier to understand if we just ignore the "blindside" part of the rule name, because they clearly have no intention of enforcing it that way. Remember, this was "blindside" too. Penalty and fine for Amendola.

danny-amendola-dirty-hit.gif

You are missing the part where it says BLINDSIDE which this wasn’t.
I’m sure he will get fined because burfict was injured which is now an automatic find even in legal hits

This also ignores the fact that any rule that would make this a penalty is ridiculous. It’s good hard football. (Aside from the taunting)

Dude...he launched the crown of his helmet to the side of another player's helmet...definitely a blindside hit. It's as clear as day and night that that **** isn't allowed in the league anymore
What okay are you talking about. Burfict was hit head on. A lb tooled up like that should be embarrass.

You are missing the part where it says BLINDSIDE which this wasn’t.
I’m sure he will get fined because burfict was injured which is now an automatic find even in legal hits

This also ignores the fact that any rule that would make this a penalty is ridiculous. It’s good hard football. (Aside from the taunting)
I'm not ignoring anything. I'm citing definitions to you.

The NFL's definition of a blindside block - Section 2 (Personal Fouls) Article 7 (Players in a Defenseless Posture):
PLAYERS IN A DEFENSELESS POSTURE

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

(a) Players in a defenseless posture are: ...

10. A player who receives a “blindside” block when the path of the blocker is toward or parallel to his own end line.

There is no other definition of "blindside" in the NFL rules.

There is a silver lining to the Gronk penalty. It's shone a light on how badly he gets held. There's plenty of film out there.

There is no silver lining because teams send supercuts of scenes they think refs got wrong or want explanations for every week to the NFL. And the Pats send them Gronk scenes reportedly for 5+ years now with no effect at all. Just because the discussion doesnt happen in the national media it doesnt meant that no discussions about those things actually happen.

The refs have made clear by now that they are holding Gronk to a different standard in terms of how much contact is allowed on him and there doesnt seem to be anything that will change that otherwise it would have happened by now. Similarly, in terms of the OPI calls on him that is his own fault for building up a reputation for pushing off in his early years that came back to haunt him in the last 2 years.

Yes, the call right after halftime was maybe the biggest BS call we had all year and hopefully there wont be such egregious blown calls anymore but as soon as a ref sees his arm extending a little bit there will be a flag.

Pats did pretty much the same thing in that 7-6 playoff loss to Pittsburgh 20 years ago. Kordell Stewart scored when the Pats let up near the sideline, expecting him to step out of bounds. Ended up a ~40yd TD run. Lone defensive breakdown in an otherwise monster performance by the D that day.

Regards,
Chris
IIRC that was Marty Moore or Ted Johnson with the 2 hand touch play.

Who cares if it was legal.
Burfict is a scumbag and deserves to get laid out.

Live by the sword...
Sometimes you just take the penalty to make the point you won't take any ****.

As a coach, publicly you admonish the player, privately you shake his hand. That's contact sports. Don't do that again, wink, wink.

When I played hockey, I've been known to check a player who didn't even have the puck. Worth the penalty.

Sugar coat it all you want...it feels sooo good to lay somebody out...bettter than scoring a goal.

Burfict earned every cheap shot he gets.

Deliberately try to injure someone? No.
That's Burfict's MO.

Lay somebody out? Hell yeah.
That's why you wear padding.

Todd collins I think. He looked like a drunken t-Rex on that play
Yep it was Collins. He was a pretty good player. I don't know what the hell he was thinking on that play.

Deliberately try to injure someone? No.
That's Burfict's MO.

Lay somebody out? Hell yeah.
That's why you wear padding.

Potato, potato.. just by calling it something else, doesnt make you a better person than the other guy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes