PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk gets 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
squealers fans so salty that their rookie binkie got popped for a game, maybe the idiot shouldn't have stood over him and flexed for 30 seconds after doing it

Russia gets banned from the Olympics but, Gronk only gets a game?
I just heard that.

An entire country......banned

I think if it was another part of the body it would have been a fine.

But it was deliberate to the head and concussions are a huge issue.

I don't like it, don't like how he gets hacked every game - but fairness is not how the nfl is run.

I think the bigger issue is all the kids who look up to Gronk - he has a problem now he needs to fix.
You got to be kidding! It was a flagrant , premeditated foul regardless of where the player go hit. A number of posts bring up names like Suh or Burkfict. Thus, Gonk is associated with those punks. Any Patriot's fan defending Gonk's hit is a "homer".

There is no reason Gronk can't file an injunction and have this heard in the 2rd Circuit CoA by Richard Berman.

There is a New Hope.

:p

No he didn't. He kept both arms to his sides.

After looking at it a number of times, Gronk may have hit the player's head with his shoulder. Although, the video confirms the player is OB and the member posting to play until the whistle is blown needs to be suspended.

After looking at it a number of times, Gronk may have hit the player's head with his shoulder. Although, the video confirms the player is OB and the member posting to play until the whistle is blown needs to be suspended.

Whistle or not it was dirty . I never understood the whistle argument. Even if it's in the field of play if he's down then touch him down. Diving on top of him is just a cheap shot. I want to see who can play the best game strategically on the field and not which team can injure the most players on the opposing team.

To me it's clearly not an elbow to the head but evidently some see it otherwise which is fine because the end result is the same. It was a dirty hit regardless of how we label it.

Even one instance of "losing his cool" in a manner like that isn't OK at all... but you are right that Gronk has been a rock for us and may get some slack on that basis.
Not sure if you’ve ever played football or not. I only played in high school but I can tell you that during games we’d punch and forearm one another across the face mask.

One guy punched me in the back of my helmet. One the next play, I punched him in his stomach and he lost his wind.

I had a guy roll my leg on purpose and fractured my ankle

So just keep in mind a lot worse happens in college and the NFL. But most of that stuff goes on between linemen.

It absolutely is ok Gronk lost his cool. The way he expressed it wasn’t ok

it was unnecessary roughness. Does it merit a suspension, yes. But it was not the flagrant assault some are making it out to be.
The only good thing that should come out of it is perhaps, the leagues officiating gurus will take a look at how it's officials are calling PI on Gronk and the players covering him. I'm not holding breath though.

squealers fans so salty that their rookie binkie got popped for a game, maybe the idiot shouldn't have stood over him and flexed for 30 seconds after doing it
He probably wouldn’t have been suspended if he didn’t taunt.

uh oh Ryan clark said White texted him and said "the whole hood want gronk" whatever that means...

Whistle or not it was dirty . I never understood the whistle argument. Even if it's in the field of play if he's down then touch him down. Diving on top of him is just a cheap shot. I want to see who can play the best game strategically on the field and not which team can injure the most players on the opposing team.

To me it's clearly not an elbow to the head but evidently some see it otherwise which is fine because the end result is the same. It was a dirty hit regardless of how we label it.
But the game isn’t just strategic it’s violent. It’s more about physically kicking the crap out of the guy across from you than strategy.

Although the game keeps moving toward a less physical game thanks to fantasy. And polian.

I knew they wouldn’t drop it to fines. They should have but I knew they wouldn’t. I suppose it’s lucky he only got one. If it had been two, I’d be angry as hell

But the game isn’t just strategic it’s violent. It’s more about physically kicking the crap out of the guy across from you than strategy.

Although the game keeps moving toward a less physical game thanks to fantasy. And polian.

If you're running a route, split the coverage while the QB is looking off the safety and you catch the ball, get hit hard and fumble that's football. If you catch the ball and fall on the ground and some dude pile drives you instead of touching you down that's just cheap ass ****.

I like a good hard hitting game without stupid ass cheap shots.

Just my opinion and yes I know we may differ on what a cheap shot is.

If you're running a route, split the coverage while the QB is looking off the safety and you catch the ball, get hit hard and fumble that's football. If you catch the ball and fall on the ground and some dude pile drives you instead of touching you down that's just cheap ass ****.

I like a good hard hitting game without stupid ass cheap shots.

Just my opinion and yes I know we may differ on what a cheap shot is.
I’m not talking about cheap shots I’m saying football is won by physical not finesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back