PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk deal reworked: 1M pg bonus + 3.3M inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB always for that extra yard;) .. more importantly NLTB so no extra 2018 cap hit for inc

This was the right thing to do. He's worth the money. If it makes him happier player and a believer in the idea that if he does well here that he will be fairly rewarded for it in the end, That's a plus.

It sucks to lose the cap space, but he deserves it. If you see the list of offensive skill players being paid more than him you would laugh at what a steal a deal like this appears to be by comparison.

As far as the cap space. Jason McCourty being cut would save the Pats. about 2.5M and Gillislee being cut would save about 1.4M. Not that they couldn't afford to pay this in either case. But it's nice to see it would likely just be offset easily by these moves.

Last edited:
gronk-dance-spike.gif

Did we ever get the yearly cap breakdown on the Mason deal? Unless that's super backloaded (or doesn't kick in at all this year) I would think this puts us over the cap.

Not enough, but enough

Congrats, Gronk!

Did we ever get the yearly cap breakdown on the Mason deal? Unless that's super backloaded (or doesn't kick in at all this year) I would think this puts us over the cap.

I think I saw the extension was added on after his rookie deal and not replacing it, thus not affecting the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back