PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon Hayward signing 4 yr max contract with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, the Heat paid $50M for Olynyk. What a total waste of money.
Thought he'd get 15+, not sure what their cap situation is but not a terrible deal. He's a better defender than he gets credit for but, he is pretty frustrating.

Thought he'd get 15+, not sure what their cap situation is but not a terrible deal. He's a better defender than he gets credit for but, he is pretty frustrating.

Well the Heat will probably have one of the best defenses in the NBA (they were already looking pretty strong even before signing him) but our offense will be pretty terrible... again.

Well the Heat will probably have one of the best defenses in the NBA (they were already looking pretty strong even before signing him) but our offense will be pretty terrible... again.

How do you figure the Celts offense will be terrible?

How do you figure the Celts offense will be terrible?

You might need to make another pot of coffee and chug it straight from the pot, RW. Read the post again. :)

Just my opinion but, like Manning, I find him obnoxious because:
1- he's overrated;
2-media constantly fawn over him;
3-he seems like a real jerk.

My feelings for the self-proclaimed "King" were on par with my feelings for the Yankees. I prefer to wear blinders and only look for faults. Living in S. Florida during the self-proclaimed "King's" reign with the Heat, I refused to watch any Miami game unless against the Celtics….so I missed his triumphs. With the Celtics more relevant the past few years and having to face Cleveland in the playoffs, I have been forced to allow James onto my plasma….and……
1) calling him "overrated" is one of the most ignorant comments ever written on the board
2) Yes …the media love is beyond insufferable and I avoid ESPN at all costs because of the 24/7 worship.
3) I used to refer to him as a jerk/spoiled/selfish/ fill in the blank ….but I now ask myself …"If I was James, would I have done anything differently?"
Would I have fled to Miami? Hell yes
Would I have taken a below market contract in Miami? Hell no…I'd want it all
Would I have used my leverage to create the path I wanted? Absolutely
Would I have returned to my hometown sh*thole to try to win a championship? No freakin way
In other words….Lebron is a better person than I and I can't fault him his choices.
Grudgingly, I must admit he is the best player on the floor every night, including the playoffs…and if he was a more selfish player, Cleveland would have had a better chance verses the Warriors. I saw a player who could do anything he wanted, but the rest of his team couldn't match him.

Last edited:
Sounds like Avery Bradley is the other shoe to drop.
Celtics reportedly trading Avery Bradley to Pistons - The Boston Globe

Celtics needed to trade one of Bradley, Smart, or Crowder. Bradley was probably the most valuable of the three. Given the addition of two wing players, made more sense to trade Smart or Bradley than Crowder. Hayward is clearly an upgrade over Bradley, but Bradley sure offered a great defensive presence on the team.

Just my opinion but, like Manning, I find him obnoxious because:
1- he's overrated;
2-media constantly fawn over him;
3-he seems like a real jerk.
No.

You hate Manning and Lebron because you're a Patriots and Celtics fan (I'm assuming) and those two have been the biggest rivals to your favorite teams througout their careers, simple as that.

If Manning was the Patriots QB and Lebron played for the Celtics the majority of his career, theres zero chance you'd be saying those things or finding them obnoxious. This fan base would absolutely tear Brady apart if he had played for any other team and had the same success. You'd be complaining about the media love he gets, him being an overrated system QB, seeming like a ****y jerk with his glamorous lifestyle, calling him a crybaby for yelling to the refs whenever he gets hit, etc

Bradley to Pistons for Morris 6'9" PF.

So currently we have Horford, Morris Hayward as the front court,
Thomas and Brown starting in the back court. Rozier, Smart, Crowder and Tatum top 4 bench players.

Hope Brown's improvement as an outside shooter isn't an illusion.

Bradley to Detroit
Marcus Morris to Boston….6'9" 235 lb forward…2 years left on contract….$5 mill in '17-'18, $5.375 mill in '18-'19
Bradley was $8.8 mill - Morris' $5 mill = $3.8 mill of created cap space

Morris stats:
32 minutes / game
14 pts
4.5 rebounds
41.8% shooter
33% 3 pt

With the surplus of forwards, and lack of a legitimate NBA center (Horford doesn't qualify IMO)
..Danny will be flipping Crowder (likely) plus other assets

Last edited:
not a terrible return given the gun danny was under.

good wing player back in Morris and gives us the replacement needed to unload Crowder

Reading the wiki on Marcus Morris is not very encouraging. He's been traded a lot, and has anger management issues. Berated his coach during a game, and has been arrested for assault several times. In each case, allegedly ganged up with others to beat up individuals .

Reading the wiki on Marcus Morris is not very encouraging. He's been traded a lot, and has anger management issues. Berated his coach during a game, and has been arrested for assault several times. In each case, allegedly ganged up with others to beat up individuals .
not good.

A Detroit site is saying Boston included a 2019 2nd round pick in the deal.

I wouldn't have traded a 3-and-D like Bradley before I exhausted my other options. Presumably the second shoe will fall with Crowder, but the return will dictate whether the Celtics are better than they were a couple weeks ago. Morris is a terrible player to pair with Horford, he's an awful rebounder and that's Horford's weakness. Celtics should look at a guy like Dedmon as a UFA if they can get a good price on him, but I think they're going to have problems in the frontcourt.

This was Bradley's last year regardless. His contract and IT4's both up next year. IT4 is getting the max deal, not Bradley.

I like Bradley, but with his injury history a move that had to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back