PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon Hayward signing 4 yr max contract with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.
crop_exact_3-2.jpg

Reportedly signs. I think its a done deal. However, agent denies report.

Apparently there's a chance that the leaks will screw up the deal. What a kick in the head that would be.

I'd be ok with it.

He obviously has a very close bond with Stevens, which some people kept saying did not matter.

************ people...its bad enough we have one post about the Celtics in the football forum, now we have two. Why can't we just follow the rules and post **** in the correct forum. I dont give a crap if there is zero football to talk about, but post in the right forum.

also, while i am at it, here is a question. where is the appropriate forum to discuss Beast mode Lynch playing soccer? Its kinda football related since he is an american football player (and soccer is actually called football), but in America it is called soccer. So where should that discussion take place, in the football forum, or the other sports forum.

lastly, welcome to Boston Jimmy Chitwood

He obviously has a very close bond with Stevens, which some people kept saying did not matter.

According to his letter in the tribune that was the main reason.

Ainge is doing a great job of rebuilding the Celtics. They have a very young and talented team that will get to be battle tested over the next couple of years. They have two top talents in Thomas and Hayward, and they have the young talent and picks to deal, as well as what should be two top five picks in s reportedly strong draft next year. Cleveland is going to crater after 2017 and the Celtics should be in position to take over the Eastern Conference in 2018. It will take a few more really good moves but they are building a really strong young team. Going forward the Bucks could actually be the team they have to deal with to get to the Finals.

************ people...its bad enough we have one post about the Celtics in the football forum, now we have two. Why can't we just follow the rules and post **** in the correct forum. I dont give a crap if there is zero football to talk about, but post in the right forum.

also, while i am at it, here is a question. where is the appropriate forum to discuss Beast mode Lynch playing soccer? Its kinda football related since he is an american football player (and soccer is actually called football), but in America it is called soccer. So where should that discussion take place, in the football forum, or the other sports forum.

I digress, back to the Joey Chestnut discussion.

I've been grateful for this thread. It's the only thing going on lately unless you like reading a bunch of word salad arguments about Jimmy the HOF backup QB vs Tom Brady the AARP card carrying QB.

talk to ian. i messaged him about it two weeks ago. he doesn't seem to care. i would like to see Celtics threads in the Celtics forum myself.

Hayward, IT, and Horford big 3 seems great to me unfortunately still gonna need more to beat GSW. But if we can add one more big piece maybe we got a chance. Supposedly we would have turned our sights to George now had they waited so maybe the Celts aren't done yet. Let's see if there is still more to come.

talk to ian. i messaged him about it two weeks ago. he doesn't seem to care. i would like to see Celtics threads in the Celtics forum myself.

It's the offseason. Not a big deal. It gives us something to chat about that is Boston sports related.

Hayward, IT, and Horford big 3 seems great to me unfortunately still gonna need more to beat GSW. But if we can add one more big piece maybe we got a chance. Supposedly we would have turned our sights to George now had they waited so maybe the Celts aren't done yet. Let's see if there is still more to come.

Nope. This doesn't even get the Celtics past the Cavs but it does close that gap some.

The Celtics to beat GSWs need Anthony Davis and a few more stars. Without Anthony Davis or Lebron James(as much as i am not a fan of him) beating GSWs is not even worth discussing. Can't happen if they are healthy.

You need to keep in mind the Warriors have 2 of the top 4 most impactful players in the NBA. Unless you have 1 of the other 2 at least you can't even talk about beating them in a 7 game series.

To beat GSWs you need this kind of team IMO

Anthony Davis
Kawhi Leonard

add in Horford, Thomas and Hayward which the Celtics have and now you have a pretty good shot. Take just 1 of those pieces away though and you are the underdog.

The is how good Golden State is right now. The NBA needs to fix its league cause it shouldn't be like this. There should be a hard cap with no max contracts or no cap with a luxury tax.

Doing it the way they do it sometimes creates teams like these which are frankly not in the spirit of competition.

Last edited:
Starting five is pretty good with some youth providing depth. I'm sure Brady is ok with the signing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes