PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore's wife denied report of his dinner with Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you live in fantasyland but I wouldn't be surprised if a professional athlete was out and there was potentially women around that he wasn't married to. I didn't say "Gilmore was cheating on his wife" I said there may have been women around. NFL team wives seem to be a very cliquey group who have their own network of information amongst each other and maybe the players know that and don't disclose every second of their day to their wives. This is already being made out to be way more than it is. All I really care is that he didn't do anything stupid to catch it and that he didn't get anyone else on the team infected which so far (knock on wood) it doesn't seem like he has.
I'm just going to back away here. Good luck.

Well that proves the testing is at fault. That's all I need to hear. Funny how there is a spike in cases right before the election? Coincidence?

Fake news is nothing new or even American. I believe France was pulled into WWI due to an inaccurate news report on German intentions.
German intentions were quite clear when they declared war on and invaded France. A political assassination started a chain of events that no one wanted, but couldn't stop. You may want to read Guns of War by Barbara Touchman.

Good summary in the introduction here: French entry into World War I - Wikipedia

Last edited:
If it were Tyreek Hill going out with Antonio Brown then some colorful scenarios could cross my mind....

Newton and Gilmore have done nothing to deserve being thought of that way.

German intentions were quite clear when they declared war on and invaded France. A political assassination started a chain of events that no one wanted, but couldn't stop. You may want to read Guns of War by Barbara Touchman.

Good summary in the introduction here: French entry into World War I - Wikipedia
Did you read her book Bible and Sword or something like that? About the history of Palestine. Pretty good read.

I read the Guns of August if that’s the one you are talking about. I’m not talking about the well known treaties and alliances that still get told over and over. There was a news report that was blatantly wrong. I can’t find the ancient documentary I watched on this. It was pre WWII and on Amazon prime a while back. I think it was called “The Great War” or something like that. Anyway France initially wanted to wait before aligning with Serbia.

If you haven't read THIS yet in your lifetime, do your mind a favor...I first read it when I was seven years old...and go back to it periodically over the years....people today talk a lot of bull and throw terms around they don't even comprehend. This is a long read but you WILL come away educated on a graduate level when you're done.

81OfSW49oIL.jpg

and may I also suggest...

51GOUOdQt9L._SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I'm sure most of you read John Hersey's "Hiroshima" in high school...if you haven't brace yourself..it's non fiction gleaned from the survivors

and may I also suggest...

51GOUOdQt9L._SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I'm sure most of you read John Hersey's "Hiroshima" in high school...if you haven't brace yourself..it's non fiction gleaned from the survivors
I picked up Hiroshima on a whim at a bookstore some 20 years ago. It still crosses my mind more days than not.

Busted. Tape's out.

Even if they did go out to dinner, who cares? If going to a restaurant is so evil they shouldnt be open or the NFL should have rules about going to them.

People need to stop "covid shaming". its a virus like the cold or the Flu and no one shames people that they must have been irresponsible when they get sick with those. before anyone attacks me I am not saying the symptoms are the same or its as deadly. just the concept of a virus is the same.

Did you read her book Bible and Sword or something like that? About the history of Palestine. Pretty good read.

I read the Guns of August if that’s the one you are talking about. I’m not talking about the well known treaties and alliances that still get told over and over. There was a news report that was blatantly wrong. I can’t find the ancient documentary I watched on this. It was pre WWII and on Amazon prime a while back. I think it was called “The Great War” or something like that. Anyway France initially wanted to wait before aligning with Serbia.
You're right, it was "Guns of August".

Even if they did go out to dinner, who cares? If going to a restaurant is so evil they shouldnt be open or the NFL should have rules about going to them.

People need to stop "covid shaming". its a virus like the cold or the Flu and no one shames people that they must have been irresponsible when they get sick with those. before anyone attacks me I am not saying the symptoms are the same or its as deadly. just the concept of a virus is the same.
Absolutely right. It's really infectious. I get groceries delivered (which is probably a wayyyyy more popular option these days, especially when you have other conditions, e.g., a couple stents, or in my wife's case, respiratory issues). So there are still vectors... the gosh-darn HERO who carries these groceries from point A to point B (granted, they're younger & less likely to end up in hospital, but there is still some risk...), the idiot anti-masker, at whatever distance, or, since a mask on both ends is something like 95% protection but not 100%, the person before me in the hall when I take the trash out. And I'm the old guy trying to be conscientious.

People are idiots and are wired for faultfinding and blame games. It's appropriate to enforce whatever bubble protocol you establish, but I'm not reading anything about that. I just see people saying so and so "must have" done something wrong.

The point is, it's easy to get, not hard. It's about reducing the chance of spread, not, sadly, 100% protection if you are nice and 100% chance of death if you are naughty. And no, that doesn't make it pointless to reduce the spread.

That's the hard part: we have to stop spread to make the prevalence decrease. Part of that is not getting it ourselves, but the only sure thing is that you buy time by making the virus take longer to getcha.

We have a base of 8 million cases though going into this fall and winter. So everybody take care, especially the over 50 crew. On the bright side, this can't be bad for social security and medicare's actuarial calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes