PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore's wife denied report of his dinner with Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabrielle Gilmore!

If that’s true, that means he more than likely got it from the outside. It would be... strange... for a defensive and offensive player to be mingling that closely during game week otherwise. See Bruschi’s comments about Troy Brown showing up in the defensive meeting room on the 2004 America’s Game.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here...a players wife calling out the media lies. Will people on here back up the media that they've been supporting throughout the last 6 months of virus propaganda? Or will they believe the player's wife??? You can't have it both ways; either the media is always right (as many on here claim as it relates to "reporting" on corona) or they're wrong...

**** like this just makes me facepalm....how do these reporters/news hacks publish these stories with nothing to prove that it’s credible or true? If there’s no pictures & the subjects the story is about have not confirmed it, how can you just put it out there as a substantiated truth, when it hasn’t been corroborated and is actually patently false?
The “fake news” term, although annoying, appears to be a real concern.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here...a players wife calling out the media lies. Will people on here back up the media that they've been supporting throughout the last 6 months of virus propaganda? Or will they believe the player's wife??? You can't have it both ways; either the media is always right (as many on here claim as it relates to "reporting" on corona) or they're wrong...

I've said it before and I will say it again. You truly are your own worst enemy.

Fake news is nothing new or even American. I believe France was pulled into WWI due to an inaccurate news report on German intentions.

It would be worse if Gilmore got it from the outside...it means he was careless

Yeah when I think of all that is wrong with modern day media — Doug Kyed’s reporting on the Patriots immediately comes to mind.

Based on this post and others I’ve seen you making, I think it would do you well to think a bit about your beliefs and whether they line up with reality or not.

**** like this just makes me facepalm....how do these reporters/news hacks publish these stories with nothing to prove that it’s credible or true? If there’s no pictures & the subjects the story is about have not confirmed it, how can you just put it out there as a substantiated truth, when it hasn’t been corroborated and is actually patently false?
The “fake news” term, although annoying, appears to be a real concern.
Easy. The old “source close to the situation.” As long as you use that as a qualifier, you can literally report whatever you want.

Easy. The old “source close to the situation.” As long as you use that as a qualifier, you can literally report whatever you want.

"A player who wishes to stay anonymous" = write anything at all.

"A player who wishes to stay anonymous" = write anything at all.
Pretty much. Or the “unnamed source” might actually be a “source,” but they may not be anywhere near the player or the situation. But writers use them all the time because it’s hard to get sued for libel or slander. They can also just print a retraction later on that nobody gives a damn about. In an era where people are literally overwhelmed by truly fake news sources on social media because their A.I. takes advantage of our need for confirmation bias and rams those fake news outlets down our throats, you’d think the real writers would be more responsible. But they’re not. So they share the blame pie for the degradation of trust between the public and the media, as well.

Big surprise, the wife doesn't believe her professional athlete husband goes out without her knowing.
My first thought. Everyone running to crucify the media as usual without giving one second to think that maybe she is lying/clueless.

My first thought. Everyone running to crucify the media as usual without giving one second to think that maybe she is lying/clueless.
Why in God’s name would he lie to his wife about going out to dinner with Cam Newton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes