PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants accuse the Steelers of deflating footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can probably all agree that they wanted the Patriots at a disadvantage.. they just didn't want them in the playoffs or at least they didn't want them with HFA for the playoffs. It so far has backfired on the league and I hope the Patriots so badly win the Super Bowl this year... Just for the ultimate **** you.

No one cares because it isn't the Patriots. I hate this ****.

Patriots aren't going to question anything. Bend Over Bob will hug Roger and publicly support his swift response to the allegations.
I'm sure he'll go out of his way to tell us all what a great job Rog is doing and how nothing is his fault. If only it wasn't for the lawyers ratings wouldn't be down and the league's punishments wouldn't be completely arbitrary... Those dang lawyers.

The media owes us badly for the treatment they gave to Brady, the Patriots and their fans. They should be pushing this in the face of Goodell everytime he makes an appearance and has an honest moment.

Freaking the talk of the footballs for Brady reached mainstream media that had no sports connections.

The media owes us badly for the treatment they gave to Brady, the Patriots and their fans. They should be pushing this in the face of Goodell everytime he makes an appearance and has an honest moment.

Freaking the talk of the footballs for Brady reached mainstream media that had no sports connections.

simple reason is due to the Patriots being so successful for the past 16 years. They must be cheating.

This has me so angry. I guarantee that there's no actual foul play here (or if there is, it doesn't matter; PSI variance should amount to absolutely nothing), so I'm not saying that they Steelers should be punished, but the NFL really should an issue an apology to the Patriots (and give us back our draft picks). The injustice is so blatant that it's just mind-numbing.

I'm not expecting anything, but hope it continues to diminish the image of the NFL, and get more fans to realize the Pats got screwed.

as per florio, 1 football was 11.4 psi and one was 11.8 psi.

not the pats, it will be thrown under the rug and we all move on.

Ahab got the great white whale. He got his fill and needs no more especially when the prize this time around, in comparison, would be Flipper.

Sure let's all bend over backwards for the Steelers. Only the Patriots should get the shaft. :rolleyes:

Only 2 options work here- the Steelers get the same treatment the Patriots got, or the NFL says no big deal we owe the Patriots their draft picks back, Brady's rep and the million.

Unfortunately, no. Because all the league has to say is that the footballs were measured at halftime and they were in compliance with the league rules. What they won't tell you, of course, is that they waited at halftime for the balls to warm up, and then when measured, they naturally fell in the legal range. They won't tell you that they finally took science to heart.

They won't do an investigation, because Pittsburgh did nothing wrong, and their measurements (done with an understanding of science) will show this.

And nothing at all will happen to Pittsburgh. This will be out of the news within 2 days at most.

This was never about air pressure in football. The NFL doesn't give a crap about that and never did.

What happened to the Pats was really about "maybe they should read the rule book", said at the wrong time to the wrong coach. And a bunch of owners who don't like Kraft who wanted their pound of flesh from spygate.

Unfortunately, no. Because all the league has to say is that the footballs were measured at halftime and they were in compliance with the league rules. What they won't tell you, of course, is that they waited at halftime for the balls to warm up, and then when measured, they naturally fell in the legal range. They won't tell you that they finally took science to heart.

They won't do an investigation, because Pittsburgh did nothing wrong, and their measurements (done with an understanding of science) will show this.

And nothing at all will happen to Pittsburgh. This will be out of the news within 2 days at most.

The league will never say the IGL caused the Steelers footballs to be low...and the reason for that is obvious.

as per florio, 1 football was 11.4 psi and one was 11.8 psi.
That's actually more damning than the Patriots' numbers, IMO, as the nfl is supposedly ensuring PSI before and at halftime. With our balls we have no idea what they measured before the game. We do for this one.

The league will never say the IGL caused the Steelers footballs to be low...and the reason for that is obvious.
They'll never talk about it again but if they did they would have to talk about the IGL. With balls now being measured and recorded, natural causes had to do this.

So, since ****dell appears to think the steelers did nothing to the balls despite them being illegally mesasured by the giants (just like the colts did) below 12.5 - will he be giving us our picks back, 1 million dollars, and publicly admit they were wrong, th ideal gas law is real, and Tom did nothing? Oh, that's not happening? Okay cool. Nvm. :rolleyes:

.4 difference between the two balls?

Hmmm, how many gauges were used?

Were they the same ones used to measure the balls before the game, assuming they actually checked them at all?

Were the gauges calibrated?

We're the balls allowed to warm up at halftime before rechecking them?

Isn't it a violation for a team to test another team's balls?

**** the NFL* !!

Last edited:

My wording was perhaps unclear to what I meant - - I don't expect the NFL to do anything - - these are the things, however, I believe SHOULD happen. I should have been clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back