PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants accuse the Steelers of deflating footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. One. Cares.

Using Professor Martin Schmalz's online football pressure calculation tool, 11.4 and 11.8 psi are perfectly reasonable and expected pressures for footballs that had been in the 12.5-13 psi range at 68 degrees and were then cooled into the 40s.

Martin Schmaltz' pressure calculator

Using Professor Martin Schmalz's online football pressure calculation tool, 11.4 and 11.8 psi are perfectly reasonable and expected pressures for footballs that had been in the 12.5-13 psi range at 68 degrees and were then cooled into the 40s.

Martin Schmaltz' pressure calculator

Add in the rain which has an extra cooling effect and you get the Pats numbers.

What was really needed here was a false report claiming the balls were 2 pounds under. Then it would be a big deal. Irks the crap out of me that the Pats balls were measured similar to Pittsburgh's and the league dropped the hammer on the Patriots and turned a blind eye to them.

They really lost me. Watch the Patriots and that's pretty much it. I can honestly say I've watched about 2 hours total football from other games this whole season. That whole witch hunt-conspiracy took so much out of me I barely even follow anymore. Still have loyalty to this Patriots team but to be honest after Brady and BB are gone I just don't know. Hopefully things will change after Goodell is gone and I get that passion back.

If the Pats are fortunate enough to be the beneficiaries or any turnovers tomorrow night, I how we measure air pressure and promptly report it to the league. Integrity!

I know what WEEI will talk about for 4 hours tomorrow morning!!

What was really needed here was a false report claiming the balls were 2 pounds under. Then it would be a big deal. Irks the crap out of me that the Pats balls were measured similar to Pittsburgh's and the league dropped the hammer on the Patriots and turned a blind eye to them.

They really lost me. Watch the Patriots and that's pretty much it. I can honestly say I've watched about 2 hours total football from other games this whole season. That whole witch hunt-conspiracy took so much out of me I barely even follow anymore. Still have loyalty to this Patriots team but to be honest after Brady and BB are gone I just don't know. Hopefully things will change after Goodell is gone and I get that passion back.

I've kinda thought that maybe once Goodell leaves, I'll rekindle my former passion and I'll watch non-Pats stuff like I used to...

But I said that after the baseball strike in 1994...maybe I'll get that passion back. I somewhat followed Griffey's career but that was about it. Even after all the craziness of the 2000s and now with baseball being "back" or whatever, I'm still not into it.

Bettman killed my enjoyment of hockey, but I'll never leave hockey. I played it for a long time. It's just a simmer now instead of a raging passion, and it's been that way since 2006 or so. I could see football being like that for me one day...unfortunately.

So by the NFL logic, they controlled the chain of custody of the Steelers balls so that proves that the low readings were not the result of tampering but because there was a 90 chain of custody issue with the Patriots balls, those low numbers prove tampering? God, I don't even think politics is this corrupt.

So by the NFL logic, they controlled the chain of custody of the Steelers balls so that proves that the low readings were not the result of tampering but because there was a 90 chain of custody issue with the Patriots balls, those low numbers prove tampering? God, I don't even think politics is this corrupt.

They are...in model political systems in countries such as Venezuela, Somalia, Sudan, and Afghanistan.

why do you guys think I've been going nuts about Goodell since 2006? I knew he was going to ruin the game WE have loved all our lives. He's a despicable POS. The owners can somewhat remedy the way we all feel...but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Since when the f*** does the NFL need a team to file a formal complaint? Was a formal complaint filed for spygate? defaltegate? No and no, they both happened in game! Both league sponsored sting opps.
No doubt. The league consists of a bunch of hypocritical liars, so we shouldn't be surprised. Their ratings are down from the mistake they made last time, so I'm sure we'll all be hearing from them any minute now about what a "non-story" it really is.

Hopefully things will change after Goodell is gone and I get that passion back.

Hopefully things will change after Goodell is gone? Don't you get it? Goodell is just the whipping boy. The owners are the problem! Including Kraft! They'll try to reel you back in with other lies. I just hope you don't believe them.

Nothing's going to change. Their word is worthless. but people will sadly be gullible to believe them, for football is like Heroin. And the fans are like the Heroin addicts, the owners are the cartels. And Goodell is just the dealer.

In case Brady files a damage suit against Goodell later, he can use the actuation of the NFL on how they dealt with the Steelers on this. My opinion.

Yep, Goodell is just a sock puppet. If he goes, they replace him with another stooge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back