PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants accuse the Steelers of deflating footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since ****dell appears to think the steelers did nothing to the balls despite them being illegally mesasured by the giants (just like the colts did) below 12.5 - will he be giving us our picks back, 1 million dollars, and publicly admit they were wrong, th ideal gas law is real, and Tom did nothing? Oh, that's not happening? Okay cool. Nvm. :rolleyes:
He's obviously in a box. Either they were measured wrong, nature took it's course or "something else" happened. Either way it results in a problem for the NFL. So it will never be talked about again.

The NFL said no complaint from Giants so no issue

Statement from NFL. Shocker.

“The officiating game ball procedures were followed and there were no chain of command issues,” read the statement from the NFL. “All footballs were in compliance and no formal complaint was filed by the Giants with our office.”

The NFL said no complaint from Giants so no issue
Rooney, Mara, roger - some surprise.

We need Florio to run with this. The logic is easy.

For perspective, the measurements from the bent needle gauges back in January 2015:

Finally, the halftime PSI numbers are known

Prioleau’s measurements were, in PSI: (1) 11.8; (2) 11.2; (3) 11.5; (4) 11.0; (5) 11.45; (6) 11.95; (7) 12.3; (8) 11.55; (9) 11.35; (10) 10.9; and (11) 11.35.

Blakeman’s measurements were, also in PSI: (1) 11.5; (2) 10.85; (3) 11.15; (4) 10.7; (5) 11.1; (6) 11.6; (7) 11.85; (8) 11.1; (9) 10.95; (10) 10.5; and (11) 10.9.

Yeah Florio has been very down on the league for this and other things lately so maybe he'll start poking around. Then again maybe he's tired of it...

Yeah Florio has been very down on the league for this and other things lately so maybe he'll start poking around. Then again maybe he's tired of it...
Yeah but this is easy pickings given the measurements were so close to ours and the supposed new dealings with the balls. A HS Freshman could make this argument.

What are Giants/Steelers fans saying about this? I bet Steelers fans (who call us cheaters) are trying to say their team did no wrong.

For perspective, the measurements from the bent needle gauges back in January 2015:

Finally, the halftime PSI numbers are known

Prioleau’s measurements were, in PSI: (1) 11.8; (2) 11.2; (3) 11.5; (4) 11.0; (5) 11.45; (6) 11.95; (7) 12.3; (8) 11.55; (9) 11.35; (10) 10.9; and (11) 11.35.

Blakeman’s measurements were, also in PSI: (1) 11.5; (2) 10.85; (3) 11.15; (4) 10.7; (5) 11.1; (6) 11.6; (7) 11.85; (8) 11.1; (9) 10.95; (10) 10.5; and (11) 10.9.

And it was 40 degrees in this game, while it was 50 degrees in the Pats game.

In the words of Bill Belichick, "************." Mara should be forced to sell his NFL franchise and/or pay damages to the other owners for this crap. That's what a real commissioner would do - completely crush petty infighting between the owners. This tool not only doesn't do that, he encourages it and takes sides. Hell, he already let Mara get away with Brown this year.

Starting to see red again, getting very angry again, not good for my bloodpressure

Kraft should be out front right now, demanding a Roethlisberger suspension and losses of first and fourth red picks for the Steelers, as they were caught cheating before with Tomlin tripping an opponent and of course their rampant use of steroids.

How many times can the science prove the Pat's and Brady's innocence and Kraft srtand by and say nothing???

If anyone thinks the NFL is going to go through that **** again, s/he is freaking nuts.

Something from that article caught my attention - Roethlisberger saying that the Steelers used Nerf balls.

To anyone with a tiny amount of common sense and a sense of humor, Ben's statement was in jest and not serious in anyway. What it reminded me of, though, was Brady saying this back in 2011:

“[W]hen Gronk scores – it was like his eighth touchdown of the year – he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes.”

Similar to the Nerf balls comment, Brady is not being serious here, but morons jumped on this back in 2015 and treated it like a smoking gun. They completely ignored that this literally meant that Gronkowski's spikes deflated footballs and Brady felt sorry for them.

No one cares because it isn't the Patriots. I hate this ****.

Yep. If the Giants accused the Patriots of this, the world explodes. CNN makes it the top story, Collingsworth/Michaels bring it up every 2 minutes during SNF, and goodell begins scheduling daily press conferences to discuss the actions that the league will be taking to get to the truth about the Patriots' cheating.

If the Giants accuse any other team, the nyjfl scrambles to quickly and quietly kill this before anyone starts asking questions

I just went to the play-by-play boxscore to see exactly WHEN in the game the two Pittsburgh turnovers occurred (and to see exactly when the balls were removed from the field to be measured).....both Pittsburgh turnovers occurred earlier in their half than the Patriots INT.

Remember: D'Qwell Jackson intercepted Brady with 9:21 left in the 2nd quarter. The 11 balls were all measured at the half (of those 11, not sure which one was the intercepted one). So at least 10 of the 11 had been out in the cold for a full half before they were measured.

In the Pitt-NYG game, the only two measurements we have reported are of the specific turnover balls. The Bell fumble occurred at 7:23 left in the 3rd quarter and the Roethlisburger INT ball occurred at 0:54 left in the 3rd quarter.

The Pittsburgh balls were taken out of circulation EARLIER than the Patriots' compared to the warmer environment lockerroom period of either pre-game or halftime.

Just a little something for scientists who know more about this than I do to mull over and perhaps expound upon....especially if someone says the Pitt measurements averaging 11.6 between the two are still higher than the avg of the 11 balls on both the Blakeman and Prioleau.

Thinking back to all the deflategate posts from 2015, it occurred to me to see what Sharks of Vegas thought of this story. The answer? Nothing. Just one tweet one today and it was unrelated to the Steelers-Giants story.

Statement from NFL. Shocker.
They sure as hell weren't going to allow deflategate part two to happen.

Living in Pittsburgh, I have yet to see or hear a word from Steeler fans. Nothing on facebook. Had 10-12 family members over today to watch their game. No one spoke a word about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3