PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants accuse the Steelers of deflating footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure let's all bend over backwards for the Steelers. Only the Patriots should get the shaft. :rolleyes:

Only 2 options work here- the Steelers get the same treatment the Patriots got, or the NFL says no big deal we owe the Patriots their draft picks back, Brady's rep and the million.
FULLY agree with this. There is no in-between. Either everybody gets equal treatment or the NFL demonstrates conclusively that it plays favorites. This is the best thing that could've happened to the Pats.

So there was a false media report and the NFL issued a statement refuting it inside of an hour.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Sure was different when they were dealing with the Patriots, wasn't it?

Anyone who reads the link below and compares what actually happened for months when the Patriots were accused and FALSE measurement info was publicly reported and ATTRIBUTED to the NFL offices must have steam coming out of the ears when seeing the NFL quash this one within 45 minutes of Glazer's report.

League failure to correct misinformation

Lol steelers fans are now saying it's no big deal when they were (along with Colts fans) the biggest *****es/****ies when DG happened.

Angers me, 2 years later.

As it should, it's not even fully behind us! If the Pats get the number one seed, then we escaped the Brady suspension without incident. But we still have a 4th round pick in the 2017 draft that's missing because of these spineless, vindictive, petty "leaders" in the NFL front office.

Angers me, 2 years later.

It would be one thing if the end result of the Patriots situation was a fine, either for Brady and the team or both. The fact that the league, as someone pointed out earlier, literally made a federal case about it, stole a 1st round pick who should be on the field now and sat Brady down for 4 games should make people interested in fairness and integrity angry.

This also reminds me of the time the Patriots reported the Jets for filming from the sidelines in 2006.

The NFL said it was OK to do it. Why? Because the Patriots approved it. But, the Patriots said no one from the team approved the Jets filming. And, the Jets couldn't name the person who gave permission. The larger point, however, is this: how could the Patriots give the Jets permission to cheat and destroy the integrity of the game?

DG2 has echoes of that incident, with the NFL sweeping under the rug with some made-up nonsense.

It would be one thing if the end result of the Patriots situation was a fine, either for Brady and the team or both. The fact that the league, as someone pointed out earlier, literally made a federal case about it, stole a 1st round pick who should be on the field now and sat Brady down for 4 games should make people interested in fairness and integrity angry.

I agree with everything you said, but after Defamegate and the blackeye it gave to any honest observer of the NFL*, the last thing the league wants is another public investigation of one of the league's top QBs.

They are hoping this can all be forgotten about as soon as possible.

Fortunately for the NFL*, there aren't as many people watching it anymore.

Can we please see the paperwork for the formal complaint that the Colts sent to the League office prior to halftime during the AFCCG? Seriously?!? Is that what the League is going to hide behind? No formal complaint?

This also reminds me of the time the Patriots reported the Jets for filming from the sidelines in 2006.

The NFL said it was OK to do it. Why? Because the Patriots approved it. But, the Patriots said no one from the team approved the Jets filming. And, the Jets couldn't name the person who gave permission. The larger point, however, is this: how could the Patriots give the Jets permission to cheat and destroy the integrity of the game?

DG2 has echoes of that incident, with the NFL sweeping under the rug with some made-up nonsense.

We are all well aware of the numerous instances where the Rats have avoided any significant punishment, but it's looking like the NY teams in general, do not get significant punishments either. Look at the issue with the Giants' kicker earlier this season.

houston might make luck the hero because of all those stupid FGs
EDIT:Apparently not. yes!

Arizona 2pt conversion away from tying the game

tie game in miami

Nobody in the NFL has, does or will ever care about deflating, overinflating and tampering with footballs, this was about owners getting payback for what they perceived to be years of cheating by the Patriots.

If anyone else does it, it's not even news.

Lemme guess...it was cold that day, and the footballs were fine when the officials measured them in the warm locker room, but mysteriously deflated when they were measured at halftime. Clearly someone went to the bathroom with the balls and deflated them on their way to the field is my conclusion.

Yours Sincerely,

Captain Obvious

So Rooneys have been some of gotohell's staunchest supporters (right after Jerrah), so couldn't happen to a better target franchise.

Of course I don't believe any team should be penalized for any air pressure, but my conspiracy theory mind does make me go hmmmmmm.

BB has deep and long-held connections to gints and Mara family. Could he have asked gints to keep their eyes open with select franchises when they play them to further expose the nyjfl hypocrisy (worst case) or to force Gotohell's hand (best case) into biting the hands that feed him???
. . . And, could we see the gints then testing balls during the cowpukes game???
LOL, that would be great stuff.

Then my optimistic self asks, could this finally be the chink that gets enough owners to support firing this clown, even if he doesn't step on it with maras/Rooneys /Jones by penalizing them? Could they finally realize they are just one imperious uninformed decision away from being screwed themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back