PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Brandon Browner Arrested for Kidnapping, Four Other Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bearing in this case because nothing justifies Browner's actions but in a general sense sometimes Crazy Hot Chick just happens, they don't all come with warning labels. I've been sporting a bodacious scar on my thigh for over 40 years from one that just went batshyte with a chefs knife, on the plus side the makeup sex remains memorable to this day and not just because some of the stitches popped open. Yeah like the man said, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So while I'd agree we are all responsible for our own heads they sure can mess with everything else and when you're young n dumb sometimes it's a matter of which head is doing the thinking.

For the record I didn't strike her even when she stabbed me. Real men don't do violence to women or children nor do they do it in front of them.

Who was the chick? Catherine Tramell? :p

I respect your position to never strike a woman but if shes coming at you with a knife with an intent to do major damage, bad intentions you have to defend yourself.

I've never raised my hand towards a woman either but if I were in your situation I'm not sure what I would have done. I'd like to think I'd just grab her arm and bang the knife out, sit on her until the cops show up...?

One positive of the 48 current Browner PFT posts was that none mentioned the Pats.

That's not just a positive. That's practically a miracle.

Usually, when a woman buries a chefs knife deep into my thigh I withhold sex.

“Actually, it's more of a guideline than a rule...”

hqdefault.jpg

;)

How do the number of arrests compare to other organizations? Just curious.
Though NE is likely light in arrest numbers, no team can match NE's arrest quality.

On a related note....In a cost savings maneuver......word is Patriots Game Day Publications is considering replacing players' studio head shots for their game day programs with police mug shot photos that fans are more familiar with.

upload_2018-7-9_13-38-39.png

Though NE is likely light in arrest numbers, no team can match NE's arrest quality.

On a related note....In a cost savings maneuver......word is Patriots Game Day Publications is considering replacing players' studio head shots for their game day programs with police mug shot photos that fans are more familiar with.

View attachment 20670
Aside from Hernandez, I don’t know who else has had any major charges while on the team. Maybe I am forgetting someone?

While I don’t have an immediate source, I’m pretty sure the arrest rate for professional athletes is less than the rate overall for men that age. We just hear about them more because they’re in the public eye.

Why is it always Former Patriot? He was here ONE year. He was with the seahawks for longer, and the saints just as long.

Aside from Hernandez, I don’t know who else has had any major charges while on the team. Maybe I am forgetting someone?

Irving Fryar?

Any clue how much a Rolex can go for? Could easily be in the 20k-50k range

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that $10 million bail and potential prison time is a significant overpay for the particular Rolex involved.

Why is it always Former Patriot? He was here ONE year. He was with the seahawks for longer, and the saints just as long.

The links didn't say former Patriot but listed each team he had played for. But in cases of articles naming a player as a former Patriot, look at where the article is linked from. If it's a Boston site, the title makes sense. If it's a New Orleans newspaper, "former Patriot" seems bush league.

Edit: I see now you were referring to the original poster's headline. Well yeah, it's a patsfans website, why wouldn't it say former Patriot?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that $10 million bail and potential prison time is a significant overpay for the particular Rolex involved.
Is that what his bail was set at? Wow.

Irving Fryar?
While on the team, though? I honestly don’t remember the finer points as I was just a kid at the time, aside from the altercation where his finger was cut.

Otherwise, the Pats were one of 4 NFL teams that he suited up for, and his sentence from 2014 obviously occurred long after he had retired.

Is that what his bail was set at? Wow.

Most bail situations, you only have to put up 10% in cash and the rest would be in the form of a bail bond. So he would have to put up 1 mil cash, and the rest would’ve covered by the bond. Which is a high amount but not in reasonable considering his past earnings.

While on the team, though? I honestly don’t remember the finer points as I was just a kid at the time, aside from the altercation where his finger was cut.

Otherwise, the Pats were one of 4 NFL teams that he suited up for, and his sentence from 2014 obviously occurred long after he had retired.

SPORTS PEOPLE; Fryar Is Arrested

EDIT: Interesting tidbit: Fryar won the Bart Starr Man-of-the-Year award in 1998.

"The Athletes in Action/Bart Starr Award is given annually to a National Football League (NFL) player who "best exemplifies outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field, and in the community."

Last edited:
Most bail situations, you only have to put up 10% in cash and the rest would be in the form of a bail bond. So he would have to put up 1 mil cash, and the rest would’ve covered by the bond. Which is a high amount but not in reasonable considering his past earnings.
You are referring to hiring a bondsman, but you should note that in many instances, that 10% that you pay them is a fee for their services in order to take the risk and pay the full amount.

If Browner put up the 10m cash bond by himself, he would get it back upon completion of his responsibilities (assuming that he’s not charged again, of course), but if he hires a bondsman, there’s a chance that he doesn’t get that money back, depending on the terms of the bond.

In other words, it may be more complicated than just posting 10%, as you’re suggesting.

Thanks for the link. Getting caught with a weapon is never a good look for the team, although it was 30 years ago. While still an important example, I don’t think it proves borg’s point that Live PD should be set up in Foxborough. These “serious” instances seem to be few and far between, and no team is immune to them.

Browner always was a magnet for infractions; apparently that extended to his conduct off the field as well. o_O

Kind of sad what has become of the dynamic duo (Browner and Butler) from that epic Super Bowl-winning play vs. Seattle.

He went to jail for mortgage fraud. Interesting that the people involved in "The Big Short" people went to The Hamptons instead.

Some of them are crazy to start, and there's no way to tell nor to treat them right. Ask me about the crazy nympho lawyer that's been stalking me since I first tried to dump her.
sounds dreamy.

Since he is no longer on the team, I expect New England to only be penalized a second round pick instead of the customary first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes