PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Brandon Browner Arrested for Kidnapping, Four Other Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens all over the league, unfortunately. I haven’t seen kidnapping in a while though
I suppose that I take issue with the suggestion that “Live PD” is set up outside of Foxborough, due to the fact that we all know that these arrests are common throughout the league, especially when this team has been below average when compared to other NFL teams. Unfortunately, that particular poster tends to see things in a very negative light.

As someone else noted, here is EX-PATRIOT Browner’s career:

Denver Broncos (2 years)
Canadian Football League (4 years)
Seattle Seahawks (3 years)
NE Patriots (less than one year—13 games)
New Orleans Saints (1 year)
Seattle Seahawks (finished career there—brief)

As far as the specific charge of kidnapping, no, we don’t see it too often, and while a serious charge shouldn’t necessarily be described as an add-on, it’s also not being used in a way that the majority of the general public would assume, either. I’m not trying to downplay his deplorable actions, just putting that charge into context. Kidnapping could be on the table for many domestic violence instances, as unfortunate as that fact may be.

No Browner, no interception by Butler. I don't care what he does now.
He’s just another scumbag who finds it acceptable to mix it up with a woman, and while that is disgusting, I really don’t care what happens to him, either.

He was brought in on a reasonable salary, was suspended for the first 6 games of his season here, and went on to contribute in a meaningful way. I don’t think we win the SB without his jamming of the receiver and tutelage of Malcolm Butler on that read. In that sense, it was a very successful one and done free agent acquisition.

He’s just another scumbag who finds it acceptable to mix it up with a woman, and while that is disgusting, I really don’t care what happens to him, either.

He was brought in on a reasonable salary, was suspended for the first 6 games of his season here, and went on to contribute in a meaningful way. I don’t think we win the SB without his jamming of the receiver and tutelage of Malcolm Butler on that read. In that sense, it was a very successful one and done free agent acquisition.

I don't want to see anyone hurt themselves, or someone else, but this isn't on the Patriots, or BB, in any way.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Wonder if his defense will be CTE or some other football related stuff.... Maybe the Pats did not diagnose him correctly??

Doubt the "I am a man and can do whatever I want, even if it is violent" will work all that well....

Wtf is going on?! Can professional athletes just not do stupid things and get arrested?

I agree that the police overcharged and a smart lawyer will plead it down to....., keep in my mind it happened in California not Nevada.

Now that betting is legal I wish they would offer bets on Browner's possible prison sentence as the media hype the possibility of 20 years I will take serving less than 1 year option.

One positive of the 48 current Browner PFT posts was that none mentioned the Pats.

Last edited:
Wtf is going on?! Can professional athletes just not do stupid things and get arrested?

Technically, he hasn't been a professional athlete for 2 years.

...Not if you treat'm right.

Some of them are crazy to start, and there's no way to tell nor to treat them right. Ask me about the crazy nympho lawyer that's been stalking me since I first tried to dump her.

Nobody else can mess with your head, man. Only you can mess with your head.

...and have your wits about you.

No bearing in this case because nothing justifies Browner's actions but in a general sense sometimes Crazy Hot Chick just happens, they don't all come with warning labels. I've been sporting a bodacious scar on my thigh for over 40 years from one that just went batshyte with a chefs knife, on the plus side the makeup sex remains memorable to this day and not just because some of the stitches popped open. Yeah like the man said, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So while I'd agree we are all responsible for our own heads they sure can mess with everything else and when you're young n dumb sometimes it's a matter of which head is doing the thinking.

For the record I didn't strike her even when she stabbed me. Real men don't do violence to women or children nor do they do it in front of them.

Yes, I'm sure that you'd love me to. :rolleyes:

Nobody else can mess with your head, man. Only you can mess with your head.
Not me personally I always keep it cool.
Closest I got to really using it was before I got a attorney a girl was trying to keep me away from my first born son.
And used him to get money from me as well as other favors.
Ive seen men crack from that kind of thing as well as just a woman being unfaithful to them.
Alot of people cant move on.
Im not one of those people personally I always try to smile and have fun.

I agree that the police overcharged and a smart lawyer will plead it down to....., keep in my mind it happened in California not Nevada.

Now that betting is legal I wish they would offer bets on Browner's possible prison sentence as the media hype the possibility of 20 years I will take serving less than 1 year option.

One positive of the 48 current PFT posts was that none mentioned the Pats.
He still has a police record. Domestic abuse earlier in 2018, that's not going to play well at all. Things don't look good for the dude

No bearing in this case because nothing justifies Browner's actions but in a general sense sometimes Crazy Hot Chick just happens, they don't all come with warning labels. I've been sporting a bodacious scar on my thigh for over 40 years from one that just went batshyte with a chefs knife, on the plus side the makeup sex remains memorable to this day and not just because some of the stitches popped open. Yeah like the man said, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So while I'd agree we are all responsible for our own heads they sure can mess with everything else and when you're young n dumb sometimes it's a matter of which head is doing the thinking.

For the record I didn't strike her even when she stabbed me. Real men don't do violence to women or children nor do they do it in front of them.

Usually, when a woman buries a chefs knife deep into my thigh I withhold sex.

Usually, when a woman buries a chefs knife deep into my thigh I withhold sex.

Not with that woman you wouldn't have. ;)
She defied everything pertaining to the category of 'Usually' and then some. What's your usual policy on withholding when the wound is shallow? Just oral? :rolleyes:

See and here I thought that was the worst time to withhold sex

Nah, it's close but you've got two very similar thighs and two very different 'necks' ergo a worst time scenario involves one of them. ;)

One positive of the 48 current Browner PFT posts was that none mentioned the Pats.
He still has a police record. Domestic abuse earlier in 2018, that's not going to play well at all. Things don't look good for the dude
I would have to guess that Browner still has a relatively low(er) sentencing score, and won’t do all that much time.

I can’t see him doing more than a couple/few years, and that’s in a bad scenario for him. Then again, we may hear new details that haven’t come out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back