PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extend Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he kept the drive alive when we easily could have been stuck settling for OT
But folks would rather give credit to the cardinals linebacker and question me when I begin questioning other motives.

I'll watch (well, listen) as well, as I have since the mid-sixties. I'm actually looking forward to the process of rebuilding. Fans here - including yours truly - probably have gotten a little spoiled, or at least have forgotten the pleasures of rooting for a team on the upswing. I don't think the upswing can start in earnest, though, until we have rid ourselves of our delusions concerning the present woeful iteration of the team.
We are rooting for the same team therefore.. put it there pal!

Yes if you don't think 9/18 for 84 yards and 2 INTs is wonderful then you're a racist. Glad this devolved into this nonsense.

Despicable.

Last edited:
Gun slinger

1606772805494.png

Pop gun slinger

1606772458485.png

Attachments

• 1606772678076.png
    1606772678076.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My honest opinion is I fully soured on Cam after the Arizona game. I like Cam and feel bad for him, but it doesn't look like his game will ever "rebound" completely. He'll have one decent game and then play poorly in one or two. Restating, I do feel bad for him. He tried. He wanted to win and prove people wrong. He came in here when nobody believed in him and tried to replace the GOAT. Its honestly admirable and he looks like a good guy.

Also, I agree with whoever posted this: Cam Newton's flare does seem different lately. I also think he's in the process of realizing he might not be NFL caliber anymore.

Here's hoping I'm wrong. Here's hoping Cam can turn back father time. If not.. we don't have a QB on roster. Stid probably sucks. Hoyer sucks.

My honest opinion is I fully soured on Cam after the Arizona game. I like Cam and feel bad for him, but it doesn't look like his game will ever "rebound" completely. He'll have one decent game and then play poorly in one or two. Restating, I do feel bad for him. He tried. He wanted to win and prove people wrong. He came in here when nobody believed in him and tried to replace the GOAT. Its honestly admirable and he looks like a good guy.

Also, I agree with whoever posted this: Cam Newton's flare does seem different lately. I also think he's in the process of realizing he might not be NFL caliber anymore.

Here's hoping I'm wrong. Here's hoping Cam can turn back father time. If not.. we don't have a QB on roster. Stid probably sucks. Hoyer sucks.
Fair. Very fair. I think a tightend who can be his safety valve it would improve his #s a bit. An athletic tightend is a qbs best friend after a solid oline. Again people hear this and think I'm saying suddenly he's Patrick Mahomes..no..that's not it..but it would give him a target ..a large target in the middle of the field. That's an area he's sorely lacking in completing passes to right now. A large number of his passes are down and outside the numbers or behind/at the LOS. ALOT of that has to do with personnel.

Whoa. Reach. Again said many times he sucked this week. This has nothing to do with being critical to his performance just the fact that I come in here and say..yeah he sucked this week but let's see about the next 5 weeks and get more production from the tightends and all I hear is crying about how it's all cams fault.
I have said it on here a dozen times (usually talking to Wozzy aka Matt Chatham who claims it is all Cam's fault this superstar cast isn't blossoming) that Cam has not been put in a position to succeed with this group around him. That being said he looks pretty bad himself. He simply cannot throw the ball. His mechanics were never great but bad mechanics added to a shoulder that may be shot have resulted in what we have seen. Passes that sail or carry wide open receivers out of bounds, short passes into the dirt, and his weird sidearm throws that get batted down constantly. All those issues and an unbelievable lack of pocket awareness don't make an already subpar skill group any better. I like Cam and think he has handled everything outside of 60 minutes every Sunday very well. He has said and did all the right things and has gone above and beyond to ingratiate himself into the team but I think his body may be breaking down on him at this point in his career.

I have said it on here a dozen times (usually talking to Wozzy aka Matt Chatham who claims it is all Cam's fault this superstar cast isn't blossoming) that Cam has not been put in a position to succeed with this group around him. That being said he looks pretty bad himself. He simply cannot throw the ball. His mechanics were never great but bad mechanics added to a shoulder that may be shot have resulted in what we have seen. Passes that sail or carry wide open receivers out of bounds, short passes into the dirt, and his weird sidearm throws that get batted down constantly. All those issues and an unbelievable lack of pocket awareness don't make an already subpar skill group any better. I like Cam and think he has handled everything outside of 60 minutes every Sunday very well. He has said and did all the right things and has gone above and beyond to ingratiate himself into the team but I think his body may be breaking down on him at this point in his career.
Fair. I still think with a Tightend who can bail him out like Olsen did for him time and time again would go a long way.

Except for the fact that Butler will be a FA next year as will Guy and really no one else at the position outside of Cowhert who should be a role player.

The LBs are like the TE's in that they are complete unknowns as to whether they can play.

Our defensive backfield while still good, is not as great as it was last year and in all likelihood will be much worse next year. Gilmore is likely gone and Jackson didn't look great in his stint as the number one guy. Both McCourty's may (should) retire or be cut as well as Chung. Phillips looks solid and Duggar looks good against the run while he still needs work in pass coverage. Jon Jones has been okay and Joejuan looks like another second round DB bust.
iW1frdx.gif

The end (ofthe season) isn't near: it's here.

As soon as we embrace this fact, the rebuild can begin. But not until.

Do the easy and obvious thing first: dump Cam.

The persistence in staying him reminds me of the old joke:

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I put my arm out."

Doc: "Stop putting your arm out."

I am genuinely baffled by the support this flamer is getting here. He's a blowhard who can't play a lick.

I am genuinely baffled by the support this flamer is getting here. He's a blowhard who can't play a lick.
I assume by “we” you mean the team. The opinion of us fans on this board aren’t really relevant to the direction of the team.

Once the Patriots have a viable alternative to Cam which they do not have on the roster right now, I’m sure they will move on.

FA QB's for 2021:
2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker
Not a whole lot there unless you want to take a shot at a 29 year old Dak if he's healthy and the Cowboys move on. Or Winston if you want to build an offense for him.

2022 looks a lot more interesting. Ben, Brees, Brady won't come here. But then you have guys like Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Lamar. Say what you want about Darnold, his team blows and might benefit from a change in scenery.
I'm all in for Dak. Provided he recovers from that injury. He might be damaged goods. Exactly the type of player the Pats take chances with?

I'm all in for Dak. Provided he recovers from that injury. He might be damaged goods. Exactly the type of player the Pats take chances with?
They should've drafted Dak ahead of Jacoby Brisset anyway.

You could apply the same logic to your posts.

They're so erroneous, why do you continue to post?

I'll watch (well, listen) as well, as I have since the mid-sixties. I'm actually looking forward to the process of rebuilding. Fans here - including yours truly - probably have gotten a little spoiled, or at least have forgotten the pleasures of rooting for a team on the upswing. I don't think the upswing can start in earnest, though, until we have rid ourselves of our delusions concerning the present woeful iteration of the team.
That's interesting, because I was just saying how much I love this Pats team. I love how they run the ball even when the box is stacked, they run the ball when they probably shouldn't and they run it well. I absolutely love the personality of this team. I only wish one or two more close games went our way. But there is still a sliver of hope and I'm gonna hope for the playoffs while i still can.

That's interesting, because I was just saying how much I love this Pats team. I love how they run the ball even when the box is stacked, they run the ball when they probably shouldn't and they run it well. I absolutely love the personality of this team. I only wish one or two more close games went our way. But there is still a sliver of hope and I'm gonna hope for the playoffs while i still can.
I completely understand that. I'm certainly rooting for the team to improve, and I see hopeful elements here and there on this team, but I don't care that much whether they win this year. I'd rather they focus on discovering who will have a role going forward, which you really can't do without giving the prospects, vets or rooks, a chance to play. That this might lessen chances of a win doesn't matter. They are not getting into the playoffs. We Pats' fans have forgotten thatit is HARD to make the playoffs. Teams as weak as this one don't get there. Besides, there is at least a marginal or theoretical advantage to losing: lose a few and you do creep up the draft, which might not be much but it ain't nothing.

On the Cam question, he's shot. To me that is just blatantly obvious. 11 games, 4 td passes, 7 int's, abysmal qbr, has "led" the league's 29th-best passing offense, multiple late-game screwups. He has no role going forward, nor should he. He needs to sit on the bench, or at home. I couldn't care less which.

You could apply the same logic to your posts.

They're so erroneous, why do you continue to post?
You don't like me, eh?

Let me be crystal clear: I couldn't care less. Got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back