PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extend Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bill already knows it then the writing is already on the wall. I don't think fans opinion matters - Bill doesn't owe us fans a showcase of Stid imo. I wrote off his debut and pick 6 as just a shaky debut - Brady's debut was nothing special either - but then I saw the KC game this year and I think I've seen enough.

As for Cam imo it makes more sense to keep him in as a showcase - for the Patriots in 2021. Maybe they'll keep him, or decide to move to a different bridge QB to buy time in their search for their long term guy.
I agree it is starting to get to the point where you have to say that they are done with Stidham as ever being a potential starter. Stidham must be looking abysmal in practice if the staff is game planning for Cam not to pass but still won't play Stidham over Cam. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the three QB's on the roster are gone in 2021.

If he blows and yet he's still the starter... what does that say about any other QB we have on the roster?

Hint: it's not a compliment.
It says somebody is making a lousy assessment. There HAS to be a better qb available. I'd park Edelman back there in a barcalounger. Maybe strap Peyton to a backboard and prop him up 7 steps in the backfield. Favre? I hear Warren Moon has been doing Bone Builders lately. Check with the local high schools. Rig up a JUGS on bluetooth? We've got options.

I think he would be bills first choice of a journeyman QB. And would be much more comfortable here than in San Fran.

The Titans are proof that sometimes all a guy needs is a new system.

I agree it is starting to get to the point where you have to say that they are done with Stidham as ever being a potential starter. Stidham must be looking abysmal in practice if the staff is game planning for Cam not to pass but still won't play Stidham over Cam. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the three QB's on the roster are gone in 2021.
Yup. I mean if there was any week where you'd make a change - it's right now. The timing is perfect. Cam was putrid yesterday, didn't even throw for 90 yards, 23 passer rating, other teams have noticed and are stacking the box and shutting down our run game and therefore our offense because of that. His second pick should have lost the game yesterday.

Bill sticking with Cam now (and he will imo) would make it obvious what he thinks of our backups if it isn't already. So why argue for Stidham now? It's obvious to me neither of our backups are long for this team.

I repeat: Wait until the end of the season. He just played his worst game since coming back from covid..they found a way to win and he played a part in getting us to a game winning field goal. Where is the "counter factual" statement in that.

I then went on and made a prediction....which is not factual.

Ps - I don't care how he dresses.
Hoot hoot. He "played a part," eh? He played a MUCH bigger part getting us into a position to lose, then managed to get tackled funny. Brilliant stuff. No wonder he's led us to the 29th-best passing offense.

For all intents and purposes we have REACHED the "end of the season." Nothing left but to take out the trash.
In your opinion, sure. I'll keep watching until the season is actually over.

Hoot hoot. He "played a part," eh? He played a MUCH bigger part getting us into a position to lose, then managed to get tackled funny. Brilliant stuff. No wonder he's led us to the 29th-best passing offense.
Yeah he played a part in getting us back in position to win..after putting us in position to lose. Again...where is the lie?

I am starting to wonder if part of Cam signing here for no money was Bill telling him he will be the starter as long as he is healthy to "showcase" himself for the other 31 teams next year. I don't know why else we wouldn't at least see Stidham start a few games to confirm what it seems Bill may already know.
Because Stidham went to that wedding!!11 (I'm also trying to figure out how Stidham ended up with a lower qb rating for the 49ers game than Cam's abysmal showing).

There is a cam derangement syndrome on going right here...by stating he had his worst game this last week but being willing to see it play out for 5 more weeks and wanting to see more production from the tightend position ... You act like I'm declaring him the goat. The hatred is scary..Yikes! Can only imagine what you call him from the comfort of your own home.

Cam can not be relied on to consistently serve as even an average NFL QB. Ultimately the responsibility for this lies at the feet of BB and McDaniels. Yes Cam is bad, but I do feel for him. He is 100% trying to be successful. there should be NO personal animosity toward Cam.
BB used to say that he tries to put his players in a position to succeed. BB and McDaniels have clearly failed at this with Cam, based on lack of finding skilled positions at TE and WR. Angry and Frustrated feelings should be directed at BB and McDaniels. They have not done their job well this year with either roster building or succession planning.

At this point, Pats are not getting a top 10 pick AND Cam is giving it his all and basically getting paid chump change to do so.
Therefore for the rest of this year, I hope pats fans will completely root hard for him and the team to be successful and gain confidence heading into next year.

Cam can not be relied on to consistently serve as even an average NFL QB. Ultimately the responsibility for this lies at the feet of BB and McDaniels. Yes Cam is bad, but I do feel for him. He is 100% trying to be successful. there should be NO personal animosity toward Cam.
BB used to say that he tries to put his players in a position to succeed. BB and McDaniels have clearly failed at this with Cam, based on lack of finding skilled positions at TE and WR. Angry and Frustrated feelings should be directed at BB and McDaniels. They have not done their job well this year with either roster building or succession planning.

At this point, Pats are not getting a top 10 pick AND Cam is giving it his all and basically getting paid chump change to do so.
Therefore for the rest of this year, I hope pats fans will completely root hard for him and the team to be successful and gain confidence heading into next year.
If we are at a bar right now I'd buy you two drinks and let you have some of my nachos. Thank you for this post. It's literally what I've been trying to say.

There can be no Cam in 2021.

Thank you for the discount price and thank you for trying hard. Stud WRs and TEs are not going make Cam a better passer when he never was one.

1. This team needs to draft a QB in the 1st round.
2. Find a FA throwing QB to hold the fort down and mentor the new guy.
3. Keep Stidham and let Hoyer go. Stidham will have 3 camps to prove himself.

Yeah he played a part in getting us back in position to win..after putting us in position to lose. Again...where is the lie?
He put a Cardinals linebacker in a position to make a stupid and dangerous play. Yes, Cam put himself in that position, and Brady would not have been in the position to draw that penalty. I appreciate that Cam gave his all on that last drive. It still required an opposing player to screw up.

It says somebody is making a lousy assessment. There HAS to be a better qb available. I'd park Edelman back there in a barcalounger. Maybe strap Peyton to a backboard and prop him up 7 steps in the backfield. Favre? I hear Warren Moon has been doing Bone Builders lately. Check with the local high schools. Rig up a JUGS on bluetooth? We've got options.
See that’s the thing. There doesn’t HAVE to be someone better

He put a Cardinals linebacker in a position to make a stupid and dangerous play. Yes, Cam put himself in that position, and Brady would not have been in the position to draw that penalty. I appreciate that Cam gave his all on that last drive. It still required an opposing player to screw up.
He picked up the first down. The personal foul has nothing to do with that fact.

Yes if you don't think 9/18 for 84 yards and 2 INTs is wonderful then you're a racist. Glad this devolved into this nonsense. :rolleyes:
Whoa. Reach. Again said many times he sucked this week. This has nothing to do with being critical to his performance just the fact that I come in here and say..yeah he sucked this week but let's see about the next 5 weeks and get more production from the tightends and all I hear is crying about how it's all cams fault.

In your opinion, sure. I'll keep watching until the season is actually over.
I'll watch (well, listen) as well, as I have since the mid-sixties. I'm actually looking forward to the process of rebuilding. Fans here - including yours truly - probably have gotten a little spoiled, or at least have forgotten the pleasures of rooting for a team on the upswing. I don't think the upswing can start in earnest, though, until we have rid ourselves of our delusions concerning the present woeful iteration of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes