PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to Talk About the Next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been of the firm opinion for some time that the three best skill position players in the NFL are Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. If you were building a franchise and these three players were available with pick 1, it would be interesting to see who the fans would take, who the GMs would take and who the Head Coaches would take.

I've been of the firm opinion for some time that the three best skill position players in the NFL are Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. If you were building a franchise and these three players were available with pick 1, it would be interesting to see who the fans would take, who the GMs would take and who the Head Coaches would take.
Agree on the players, but you need a good QB to pull it all off too.

Of those 3, I'd say the separation from the best to he next best is probably greatest with Gronk and Calvin Johnson. AP is an all time great, but you can get a level or production from other RBs.

but, we have Brady (an all-time great) and Gronk. with an improving Gronk and a healthy receiving core, it looks promising. Just need to cure the injury bug (or get the appropriate/non-antler spray).

For me, it would be: Megatron, Gronk, AP.

The USA have won both of their Rugby League World Cup games over the last week against all odds (they beat the Cook Islands & Wales) and look set to play Australia in the Quarter Finals.

Quick note Rugby League is a different sport to Rugby Union which is commonly referred to as just "Rugby".

Seems this is a fairly O/T thread about things to talk about, just throwing out there that the USA are doing well in another sport. :)

Of those 3, Megatron but as a GM I'd go QB or LT over a WR/TE/RB.

For me, it would be: Megatron, Gronk, AP.
It's clear to me that Megatron and Gronk are that much better than the respective #2 in their position (ala Green and Graham). AP is ridiculous but I'd be equally comfortable building around Jamaal Charles. For me, as much as I think Megatron is a beast, I'd probably take Gronk because of his impact in the run game. Still, I'm not sure you lose with either.

Regarding the people who are talking about taking other players, that's fine, but I did narrow it to the skill position players of WR/TE/RB.

In the history of the NFL, how many skill players can one name that has/had a bigger "impact" on the field than Gronk? Gronk increases PPG, YPG, yards per carry, and red zone efficiency tremendously.

Young Randy Moss (age 21-27) IMO is #1. After that, one could argue any of Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Adrian Peterson, Megatron, Jim Brown, Gonzalez, OJ, etc, and..Gronk?

Seems this is a fairly O/T thread about things to talk about, just throwing out there that the USA are doing well in another sport. :)
I would have loved to talk about some of the things I mentioned, but the thread got hijacked/derailed pretty quickly. Maybe I need to make more inflammatory remarks or be less of a homer.

How about, do you see our offense as a top 3 offense for the 2nd half of the season? How would we compare with the best ever PM and the Broncos? I'd say we could trade them punch for punch and our D might be (even with our injuries) better than theirs. Assuming return to health/continue health of our non-IR players (Though Gregory will still probably be out -- but I have no information to base on that other than him having a cast).

regular season bye is worst weekend of the year.

Super Bowl weekend without the Patriots playing is the worst weekend of the year.

I like it, it's relaxing. You get to hang out and watch teams like New Jersey screw up.

So the jets suck thread wasnt enough for the bye week ? ;)

So the jets suck thread wasnt enough for the bye week ? ;)

I'm talking about watching them screw up, not posting about it. :cool:

Australian Rules!!!

jacko_energizer_460.jpg

THAT'S YOU??? I know you, man...

YOU OWE ME MONEY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back