What to Talk About the Next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Without breaking news (about other teams), what do we have to talk about

Looking ahead
Tough games for the back 9 of the season.
@Carolina (Week 11) - Monday Night
vs Denver (Week 12) - short week, but at home
@Miami (Week 15)

The rest of the games are all winnable (well even the ones above are), but I would have more of an expectation for a win. The games listed above we'll still be favored -- with the possible exception of Denver. I'd expect (without any more major injuries) to close the season out between 13-3 and 11-5 and landing the #2 or #3 seed in the playoffs.

1 Time doesn’t make a habit
The Patriots offense looked different for the first time this year. It looked like the offense we (mostly) hoped would be fielded this year or really our offense from last year. Granted, we don’t usually think 50+ points (with the exception of the one guy who always votes 59-0 in the predict the score” threads). Still, is this offense something we can expect to see more of in the future? I would say, without a doubt that it will either be this offense or perhaps something better. While the points totals might not be as high, I’d say we can be better

1. Why Better – Reason #1
    Health, plain in simple. If it was an injury that was making Brady less accurate than he has been, then perhaps he’s feeling better. Though some of those guys were so open, you’d swear he was throwing against Patriots defenses of season past. Lots of talk about age and rookies being the demise of TB, but other QBs can continue to excel even if they are older. That was always a head-scratcher to me, but sports fans (generally) are more driven by passion than level-headed-ness.
  2. Why Better – Reason #2
    Gronk looked real good. Matter of fact, he looked like the TE we expected we’d have. Now, I didn’t really focus in on his blocking in the run game, so I’d like to hear from people who did watch that aspect of his game. But, fro ma receiver TE, he looked formidable (ok – all time great pretty much). He is still rusty., did you see that pathetic attempt at “gronking” the TD? Clearly #12 needs to feed him a steady suppy of TD passes so he can improve that aspect of his game
  3. Why Better – Reason #3
    Dobson. Dobson doesn’t look like a typical Round 2 bust anymore. Still some things to be worked out, but clearly the chemistry is improving. With a healthy Gronk drawing attention, we now have an outside threat that can compliment this teams offense. Can he handle it all on his own, seems unlikely, but give him time and maybe he’ll keep improving. Not sure what his ceiling is, but he has the physical traits of a #1 WR. Don’t think he needs to reach that level for us to consider him a solid success.
  4. Why Better – Reason #4
    Balance. And by balance, we seem to be getting all our guys (the ones still on the team) healthy and our commitment to the run game is there (well it better be, I don’t want to hear about Josh getting cute). I think this is where we want to be ultimately. TB can be in a position to take whatever the defense is giving him and that makes us dangerous. I expect the 2nd half of the season for this offense to be in the top 5…strike that top 3 (games 9-16).
Despite yesterday’s dominance, the offensive ceiling still has room to go up
We haven’t talked about Shane Vereen. Vereen adds a dimension to this offense that definitely makes us better. His running/quickness, ability to receive will make us remember those Kevin Faulk days. While Danny Woodhead is making headlines in San Diego, I hope Vereen will make us remember what a threat he can be in the open field and 3rd down situations.

Where’s Kenbrell Thompkins
Do we care? This kid was a great story making the team and through the first few games. But, Brady is completing less than 50% of passes thrown his way and he was a healthy scratch for the game. Is this a good problem to have or just a problem? Still, can’t complain with Gronk, Amendola, Edleman, and the emergence of Dobson. Just so many passes to go around (still a healthy scratch isn’t the best sign). Though Boyce might not even know what the iside of the Patriots bus might look like, so it can always be worse.

Is this one of BB’s best coaching jobs
We’re 7-2, lost key contributors on the field. Both sides, though the defense has been the hardest with IR players. And not just players, but extremely talented players (Wilfork/Mayo) and Talib, but he’ll be returning. Gregory was starting to improve and I don’t think he tackled or injured a patriot player the last couple of games either.

What to expect from this defense
Do we have any right to think this defense can handle a top tier offense? We won’t have long to wait because Denver comes to town in 3 weeks. We should get Talib back with a game vs Carlina under his belt. If Talib can handle his assignment 1-1, then that will allow McCourty to help out the rest of the team. If the offense manages to my expectation, the defense can greatly improve by having more rest and better field positions to work from. Still, bend but don’t break might drive me insane if I wasn’t so used to it.

Did the 3 touchdown passes the Steelers got seem too easy
Just disgusted with how easy they looked. One was a somewhat acrobatic catch, but 3 others looked like practice level catch and throws.

Would now be a good time to extend Talib?
With his injury status the last couple of years, would we be able to get him at a slight discount? Probably not given the need for quality CBs in this league. Still, might be worth some back door discussions (which we’ll never hear about until something is done or after the season).

Side note – Mike Tomlin
I just liked the way he laid it out there in his post game speech (for the parts I heard). While most of us could have held BB’s conference if he was on the losing side, Tomlin just sounded honest without giving too much detail or throwing people under the bus.

How about who in the name of %^&&*&& is the beauty in the leather jacket

h0CcVSe.gif

I think I'll start a thread about defining the term "dog faker," which was invented here a few years back. Also, what the hell ever happened to MoLewisRocks? It's weird when prolific posters suddenly vanish.

I think I'll start a thread about defining the term "dog faker," which was invented here a few years back. Also, what the hell ever happened to MoLewisRocks? It's weird when prolific posters suddenly vanish.

I've been wondering that too. Maybe we can talk about prolific posters we haven't seen here in a while. God in the Grey Hoodie? Off the Grid? They can't all have been Mike Rodak.

I figured we would just continue to talk about how "pitiful" their roster is and how much they suck, as well as the need to replace Belichick and Brady.

Has something changed that I'm not aware of?

I've been wondering that too. Maybe we can talk about prolific posters we haven't seen here in a while. God in the Grey Hoodie? Off the Grid? They can't all have been Mike Rodak.

OTG appeared in the draft forum yesterday!

MayoClinic, MoLewisRocks etc vanishing are bye week topics, or they are all Mike Rodak and he just had multiple accounts :eek: :p

OTG appeared in the draft forum yesterday!

MayoClinic, MoLewisRocks etc vanishing are bye week topics, or they are all Mike Rodak and he just had multiple accounts :eek: :p

MayoClinic still comes around and lurks from time to time. He'll take long breaks then come back. It's a cycle with him.

We will find a bunch of stupid shyt to argue about, we always do. We can start with what if..... ? How about player X?? Why is BB such a dummy?? How come Josh McDaniels still has a job?? Listen to talk radio they will manufacture something or another.. faux outrage reigns supreme.

I, for one, do not miss Grid one iota. Sure, his posts were unique but there were reasons why he had that particular handle. Also, he'd purposely twist others intent when challenged. Not to mention having a secondary identity around here he'd bring in to outnumber a poster he took umbrage with. All of a sudden, there'd be 2 of "him" to 1 of "them". I can't remember what the other one was named but Grid would come up with some whack underhanded tactics when finding himself on the losing end of a dispute.

On a nicer note - where tha heck has Joker been lately? Guy is really a fine verbal tactician & possesses a quick witted mind.

I'll be talking about our regressing defense, we can't allow Pittsburgh to hang 31 on us when Manning is looming, but d%#*!@t its good to be 7-2:rocker:

OK, I get the hint and love the fact that everything can be derailed. you guys are too funny.
How about who in the name of %^&&*&& is the beauty in the leather jacket

h0CcVSe.gif
Leather is good and I didn't think of 39 as a support number, but it's doing a great job too.

Anyone up for a rowdy discussion of the geopolitical environmental dynamics of the the Congo? Either that or we can do recaps of recent episodes of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I'm good either way.

Anyone up for a rowdy discussion of the geopolitical environmental dynamics of the the Congo? Either that or we can do recaps of recent episodes of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I'm good either way.
Ok, so now we know what Rob looks like from this commercial. Maybe turn it into a poll of which character you most likely represent.

There I was, in the congo

Wait ... there are new episodes of RHOBH?

Possible conversation topics
  • Is Eli Elite?
  • Is Julian Edelman better than Welker?
  • Will Mallett finally be traded for the Browns first round pick?
  • Is Kenbrell Thompkins a first round talent?

In all seriousness, this hazing/bullying thing looks to be the topic of the bye week.

we can talk about how jack del rio is now the broncos coach and we all know the pats record vs his crap coaching

we can talk about how jack del rio is now the broncos coach and we all know the pats record vs his crap coaching

Pats have done pretty well against Fox too (6-1). But yeah, the wins over Del Rio have been pretty one-sided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back