PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to Talk About the Next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to your beard?

By the way, I always was curious about conflict-free tin. Looks like a stupendous read.

Shaved it a few years ago... because it was getting so gray! Shaved it and looked like I lost 5 years and 10 lbs immediately.

Hey, we can't all have cool music-related careers. I wish I did.

Here's a random one. Has anyone wondered how James Develin would look as a true running back for one game? Patrick Pass, Heath Evans, and Sammy Morris all had a shot and were impressive. For all we know Develin could be our beast mode Peyton Hillis back.

Here's a random one. Has anyone wondered how James Develin would look as a true running back for one game? Patrick Pass, Heath Evans, and Sammy Morris all had a shot and were impressive. For all we know Develin could be our beast mode Peyton Hillis back.

I hope to God that the position isn't so ravaged by injuries that we would have to find out. We've been unlucky at pretty much every other position on both sides of the ball this year aside from QB and RB.

We should be talking about the Carolina Panthers. They're a much better football team than people think and have gone 5-1 since opening with tight losses to the Seahawks and Bills. They have the best yards per carry defense in the league and a 77.1 defensive passer rating. Their DLine is young physical and athletic. This is exactly the type of defense that gives the Pats fits.

I'm hoping Fox gives us the 49ers vs Panthers game so I can watch them in detail. There schedule has been on the twice as easy as the Broncos which is saying something but on the road it worries me.

On the non game front...........for all the hate of the Jets would you want to see them in the playoffs coming into Gillette? I don't think I would. They are definitely a hit or miss team but they've played the Pats tight twice and dominated both lines of scrimmage twice so it's not a fluke. If they're of the Pats would blow them out but if their on.......... :bricks:

We should be talking about the Carolina Panthers. They're a much better football team than people think and have gone 5-1 since opening with tight losses to the Seahawks and Bills. They have the best yards per carry defense in the league and a 77.1 defensive passer rating. Their DLine is young physical and athletic. This is exactly the type of defense that gives the Pats fits.

I'm hoping Fox gives us the 49ers vs Panthers game so I can watch them in detail. There schedule has been on the twice as easy as the Broncos which is saying something but on the road it worries me.

On the non game front...........for all the hate of the Jets would you want to see them in the playoffs coming into Gillette? I don't think I would. They are definitely a hit or miss team but they've played the Pats tight twice and dominated both lines of scrimmage twice so it's not a fluke. If they're of the Pats would blow them out but if their on.......... :bricks:

That talk will probably pick up next week. But I don't like this game. Trap, trap, trap, trap, trap. The Pats have the Broncos the next week and the Panthers have an excellent rushing game, a mobile quarterback that can throw it, and a very good defense in all phases. If the Pats are looking forward to the Broncos too much, this could very easily be a loss. If they're locked in and get Talib, Ninkovich, and Gregory back, they should win it.

Ya I agree on the trap.

Broncos finally have a tough set of game with @SD, KC, @NE and @KC. Hopefully they're no better than 2-2 in that stretch with one of the losses in game 3.

Is it better to get the 2 seed than the 1 seed?

Just do the math.. The patriots would get a layup in the divisonal round assuming 3 beats 6. And then KC or Denver would play eachother

hey - -here's something to talk about ...

Just came across this article ...

Pretty decent concept preaching the importance of, you know, coaches. Talks about Reid and how KC has been so much better. And Payton. Lot of love for Rex Ryan. :mad:

Ironically, though, in the midst of arguably Belichick's best coaching job, BB gets one passing mention — a sideswipe equating him with Schiano:

Schiano’s issues in Tampa Bay have been well-chronicled. His no-nonsense, autocratic coaching style isn’t a great fit for today’s NFL players, unless you win and win early. Without those validating victories, you’re Bill Belichick, circa 2000 and before. At the moment, Schiano has lost 13 of his past 14 games, meaning he has absolutely no capital stashed away to help buy himself the benefit of the doubt.

Um, seriously? Equating Belichcick's coaching style with Schiano's? BB is a WAY better coach in all ways — not just the the football bit; folks don't seem to understand that he also is very good at managing the people, so spare me the lazy comparisonsy to Mangini and Schiano. Managing people is a big part of any success, and — public/media persona aside — BB obviously has a very good grasp of this, or he wouldn't have lasted so long.

And even if you emphasize the pre-2000 Belichick in making this case ... shouldn't he at least get some credit for this year + sustained success? Like, in the lede sentence?

And even if you emphasize the pre-2000 Belichick in making this case ... shouldn't he at least get some credit for this year + sustained success? Like, in the lede sentence?
Yeah, Seems it's more an opinion of BB the public speaker vs BB the coach. So basically, the only difference between Cleveland BB and Patriot BB is the records?

Maybe not a man learning from his prior experience?

Maybe not a man who had a plan in place and it was starting to work, but he made an unpopular decision?

Maybe not the difference between an owner who supports his model vs. one that doesn't?

Maybe BB is no good and it's TB that is carrying the team (and no I don't believe that)?

Maybe it's just a tried and true marketing strategy to crap on BB/Patriots to drive up web hits...I think I smell a winner there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing