PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your job part 3 is going to be great this year.

"He hates his coach!"

- Tom Jackson (no, not really)
If this **** invokes the same reaction on the field from the 2017 team as it did back then, the question becomes whether or not they give Wickersham an invite to the ring ceremony.

I understand why every other fan base wants this to be true, why any Patriot fan wants it to be true is beyond me? If you want your team’s success to end then by definition you aren’t a fan of that team.

200w.gif

I think it was specifically NOT in play because of what they learned when they did do it with Cassel. The franchise tender created a huge cap hold that prevented signing free agents, both our own and outside, until a trade was finalized. It was a tremendous impediment to off-season team-building. Plus without his glittering 5 games in SF, would the trade market for JG really be that hot next summer, at a price tag of 23 million and up?

They did not shop for the best offer, but they saw a good situation for JG on a last-place team with good management needing a QB. It figured the pick to be in the top 4 picks in round 2. They knew JG was good, but nobody saw a 5-0 finish for what had been a train wreck of a team, dropping the pick to 43 or whatever.

Actually, I think that the FT was in play with JG - right up until the Pats cap space rollover cushion began to evaporate with all the injuries. But that was already late in Camp with Brady already installed as the starter.

Late to the discussion but my only real takeaway is that I somehow didn't realize Brady & Garoppolo had the same agent. That changes EVERYTHING about the trade for me. You can no longer second-guess BB for trading Jimmy G for too little return. When your QB1 & QB2 are basically negotiating together, the team loses all leverage. It was their agent's job to set both his clients up as starting QB's. Unless Brady retired voluntarily, Jimmy G was never going to succeed him in New England as long as Brady wanted to keep playing.

its ok. its ok. everything is going to be ok.
No reason to think it all of a sudden won’t be.
I mean he’ll let someone go with a whole bunch of stories that say after 18 years everyone has lost their mind and are acting totally differently now. Yeah that makes sense.

I think I'll just let Don Yee speak for me:
"I don't really know what to say — it's tough to have a response since it didn't appear to me to have one on-the-record quote. All I can suggest is don't believe everything you read."

That's all he had to say and I think it amounts to what can reasonably be said at this point.

LMAO! Even the NFL of all entities is discrediting parts of Wickersham's story. HACK JOB!!

ESPN lied....go figure.

Sham is getting sacked left and right. Punt the ball!

Just a reminder of what Wickersham wrote:

He has even become good friends with Goodell. The two men had a long and private meeting during the off week after the regular season, when the commissioner visited Foxboro.

I'm just saying that is not why he is getting strange.

If you're talking about his Guerrero affiliation, I'm convinced this is why Brady has even lasted this long.

Now they are saying the article has some merit because the Patriots/Kraft/BB/Brady have refuted it...

I love how they have canned responses that always enforced their position. If they didn't respond they would say the quiet is deafening so it must be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe