PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn i was hoping to see bill coach a bald brady.

Sorry, but I don't have the time to read all 13 pages of this thread, but it FAILS in a big way if it tries to CONTINUE the charade that the trade of JG was anything else but a situation where the clock just ran out on JG's time with the Pats.

No team can pay its 2nd best QB the $25MM franchise tag to sit on the bench, and make it impossible to sign, n0t only other team's FA's, but your own as well.

You want to make the case that Brady is pissed that Guerrero was kicked off the sidelines then go ahead, that one has a shred of validity. But not even that much since Brady's access to Guerrero hasn't been diminished and neither has any other Pats players.

One good thing is that this is coming out THIS week rather than next week. By then all the denials will be issued and by next week this will be left only to the Felger and Mazz types who will want to milk this forever.

Why on Earth should we take anything BSPN says seriously?

If the thread title was the National Enquirer, MAD Magazine, South Park, and/or the New York Times hit piece on the Patriots coming out tomorrow, I'd ask the same question.

I never considered Pops Brady...but good job Vuudu and RhodyPatriot....he belongs on top of the narc list. Factor in the tweet about Brady badgering Kraft about JG and his contract.....insider details for sure.
My updated most likely to snitch list:
1) Brady Sr.
2) Snake oil salesman Guerrero
3) Super G
4) Jonathan Kraft

BB should pull a power move: Give me 10% of the team or I'll go get it from Jerry Jones
I think you've almost got it. Just move #2 up to #1. Pops has never shown any evidence that he'd take the initiative to stir things up, so I'd suggest sliding him down to #3 because G certainly has shown that she'll take the initiative to stir the pot, more than once. But she's always focused on Tom, not concerned about Kraft or JG or BB except as they relate to her man. Guerrero is the only one who has lots of reason to stir **** up with all those others.

Ken, point is the BSPN smear piece has nothing to do with the trade of JG. It's an attempt to poison the chemistry among BB, TB and RK. And it looks likely to be an inside hit.
Sorry, but I don't have the time to read all 13 pages of this thread, but it FAILS in a big way if it tries to CONTINUE the charade that the trade of JG was anything else but a situation where the clock just ran out on JG's time with the Pats.

No team can pay its 2nd best QB the $25MM franchise tag to sit on the bench, and make it impossible to sign, n0t only other team's FA's, but your own as well.

You want to make the case that Brady is pissed that Guerrero was kicked off the sidelines then go ahead, that one has a shred of validity. But not even that much since Brady's access to Guerrero hasn't been diminished and neither has any other Pats players.

One good thing is that this is coming out THIS week rather than next week. By then all the denials will be issued and by next week this will be left only to the Felger and Mazz types who will want to milk this forever.

I do think if McDaniels stays, that might signal that Belichick's future might be limited to just a couple of more seasons instead of perhaps longer. Like Garoppolo, Josh is going to get another shot as a head coach and the obvious fit - as Mike Reiss and others have insinuated - is to be the successor here. The question is just probably how long he's willing to wait, and I assume that discussion has probably come up at some point, so I'm curious to see how it plays out this year given how much interest he's received. If he's still around after all of this is over, I think that will certainly be interesting. The obvious argument is that his family is comfortable here and he's in a great situation. But I'm sure he'd like to be a head coach again and if he feels his opportunity is coming here relatively soon and he can stay, I'm assuming that's probably what his preference would be.
McDaniels has personally said he has never considered waiting to be the successor here.

McDaniels has personally said he has never considered waiting to be the successor here.
hey AJ

you gotta admit its a great time for us to be a pats fan

contending for a 6th SB title......6th......amazing

and lots of extracurricular drama to speculate about

definitely not dull

as I understand it, a major crimp was thrown into the access of Pats players not wearing #12 to Guerrero.

But I think you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope. It's not so much that Brady is pissed about Guerrero falling out of favor with the team, what's important is that Guerrero is pissed that his revenue stream and empire building is imperiled.

GoT, Patriots Place edition.

Ken, point is the BSPN smear piece has nothing to do with the trade of JG. It's an attempt to poison the chemistry among BB, TB and RK.
And how would it do that? Brady, Belichick, and Kraft know what they've said to each other. And I'm sure they all know whatever scuttlebutt has been going around the stadium. If the story is false they'll all know it's false and if it's true they'll all know it's true.

Just goes to show BB'S brilliance by blocking out all outside distractions, I predict this will have zero affect on the post season performance.

And how would it do that? Brady, Belichick, and Kraft know what they've said to each other. And I'm sure they all know whatever scuttlebutt has been going around the stadium. If the story is false they'll all know it's false and if it's true they'll all know it's true.
And if it's true it means one of the three of them went talking out of school. Not the way business is handled in Foxboro. Very corrosive to trust and good working relationships.

QED. Any more questions?

I think you've almost got it. Just move #2 up to #1. Pops has never shown any evidence that he'd take the initiative to stir things up, so I'd suggest sliding him down to #3 because G certainly has shown that she'll take the initiative to stir the pot, more than once. But she's always focused on Tom, not concerned about Kraft or JG or BB except as they relate to her man. Guerrero is the only one who has lots of reason to stir **** up with all those others.
I'm adding Moynahan to the top 5 and somewhere on the list ....Ben Affleck's nanny

Curran clearly thinks there's at least smoke. In reply to a tweet asking why BB, TB, or Kraft would air issues at this time, Curran said:
"I don't think any of the 3 did air issues ... I think the atmosphere has unnerved others around team enough that THEY are sharing uneasiness"

Curran clearly thinks there's at least smoke. In reply to a tweet asking why BB, TB, or Kraft would air issues at this time, Curran said:
"I don't think any of the 3 did air issues ... I think the atmosphere has unnerved others around team enough that THEY are sharing uneasiness"
If I am Bill I am looking at the reported Gruden deal and scratching my head.

Because a third person does not know what the other two might have said to each other, and because none knows what the others might have said to outside people. I do not think it will work, but a piece like this can cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye