PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.....why did y'all link to ESPN?

FearTheBeard on Twitter is breaking it down. Don't give them the link.

Last edited:
That was awful, atrocious, horrendous. I honestly cant believe that got published. Embarrassing is a good word. Zero fact or merit no sources pure speculation turned into fact. Man that was tough to read, horrible horrible journalism. yuck

Not buying this crap. This is stupid.

Though, even if true why should I care? Go Pats!

It's almost all 2nd-3rd hand gossip, innuendo and rank speculation. It also ignores facts (see the Lynch/BB phone call story) that would undercut the claims. It could be the truest story ever written, but it would still be lousy work.

rofl.gif

Seth should be ashamed of himself for having written that article. If journalism was like the real world, he'd get fired for having done such shoddy work.
I only read the opening portion and it's absolute garbage. This hack journalist cherry picks the overblown incident of Brady briefly snapping at McDaniels on the sideline vs the Bills, as: "the culmination of months of significant behind-the-scenes frustrations".

Apparently this guy can read Brady's mind and affirm that his anger wasn't actually about McDaniels... or Cooks... or what happened on that drive.

I'll give this Wickersham guy some credit. I didn't expect this hit piece to begin with such wild sophistry and absurdity right off the bat.

It's almost all 2nd-3rd hand gossip, innuendo and rank speculation. It also ignores facts (see the Lynch/BB phone call story) that would undercut the claims. It could be the truest story ever written, but it would still be lousy work.
Typical playoff NE drama. Nothing to see here imo.

No need to wait until 8am. They've released should you care to read it:
For Kraft, Brady and Belichick, is this the beginning of the end?

After reading this.....

IMG_20180105_014056.jpg

That article was the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. The usage of general words like “staffers” and “teammates” isn’t credible enough to believe anything. He spent an entire ****ing article with "Patriot staffers" "coaches" and "teammates" just to say he has no idea if BB will leave.

And he says a dozen staffers but I'm having a hard time believing high level staffers in the know at any capacity would have the time to sit down for an interview or that BB would let them. It's literally just gossip and hearsay. Beating a dead horse.gif

Last edited:
Someone gave me a link that I'll post later. But after reading this.....

View attachment 19075

That article was the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. The usage of general words like “staffers” and “teammates” isn’t credible enough to believe anything. He spent an entire ****ing article with "Patriot staffer" and "coaches" and "teammates" just to say that he has no idea if he will leave.

And he says a dozen staffers but I'm having a hard time believing high level staffers in the know at any capacity would have the time to sit down for an interview or that BB would let them. It's literally just gossip and hearsay. Beating a dead horse.
Shall we hit the jouralist with a thunderbolt?

Man this crap is everywhere.

Lousy is 100%. I mean look at this.

IMG_20180105_015613.jpg

I only read the opening portion and it's absolute garbage. This hack journalist cherry picks the overblown incident of Brady briefly snapping at McDaniels on the sideline vs the Bills, as: "the culmination of months of significant behind-the-scenes frustrations".

Apparently this guy can read Brady's mind and affirm that his anger wasn't actually about McDaniels... or Cooks... or what happened on that drive.

I'll give this Wickersham guy some credit. I didn't expect this hit piece to begin with such wild sophistry and absurdity right off the bat.

The line that kills me the most is the one where he says 'Belichick being Belichick, those around him know nothing of his plans'. So if you know nothing, why the effort?

I know everyone wants to totally dismiss this, and normally I'd be inclined to agree. But when Curran and Reiss, both of whom are among the most trustworthy and well-connected reporters to the team, haven't totally dismissed the rift around Guerrero or Kraft's influence in the Jimmy G trade, I wonder. Because it's Wickersham, I expect it to be like the article from earlier in the year--a lot of sentences written to sound more flammable than they really are, some distorted stuff and fuel for Pats haters, but perhaps some truth too (As was the case with Guerrero).

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. CURRAN HAS DISMISSED ALL OF THIS MONTHS AGO. JESUS SHUT THE **** UP.

Long term was it the right decision? We shall see. But Kraft likely saw the fan reaction to benching Eli Manning and wanted to avoid such strife among the fan base and in the locker room

Apart from all the other ******** you wrote this was standing out the most. I wonder if Kraft is leasing the timemachine he used to make a decision on JG at the beginning of November based on something that happened in late December. But maybe thats how the Patriots know all the playcalls... #timegate.. Jesus

Jeezus, what a crock of **** this article is...a self-serving pat on the back, trying to corroborate their own endless barrage of ********. I stopped when it got to the whole bit about how these "staffers" believed the Defamegate accusations. There was no point to it anymore, and that was the last straw.

No one has this level of access to the Pats to know these things, especially not anyone at BSPN.

We just had an article about how Nink and Patricia got into arguments to the extent Nink would be kicked out of meetings, but one blow up like TB had with BOB and the whole thing is caving in. What the **** ever.

BB will be here next year, Tom will be here next year. There is too much on the line for these people for this to matter to the extent the article pines for. BB isn't gonna walk away this close to becoming the winningest coach in NFL history just to rebuild another franchise to be something close to what he's got here.

It's virtually impossible to work with someone for 17 years and there not be the occasional flak. Guerrero is an anti-science turd as far as I can see, but the idea that we're done after this year because of him and JimmyG is absurd.

Just saw the story was posted,

I've posted the ARCHIVED Link in the OP folks, when you click it, it shows the whole story but ESPN gets NO revenue for it, please refer to that link whenever you click the story.

Beginning of the end for New England Patriots? Robert Kraft, Tom Brad…

In fact, it's actually even easier to read than the website itself as there are no annoying video ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3