PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elliott is getting the Brady treatment in his appeal hearing.....

Chin: Evidence of Loch Ness Monster is compelling if not overwhelming

I mean, they've got the NFL in a no kidding lie. To prevent the investigator to have their report used is unreal.

I sad that the TB12 lawsuit would open Pandora's box of criminality and this proves it. The second circuit, by ignoring the lies in the Brady appeal by the league office, have created this monster that thinks it can get away with anything they want under article 42.

I see Florio talking about fundamental fairness etc. This case will be very interesting to follow.

all the crazed polarity you see today is nothing more than the ba$tard child of the Goodell regime's assault and deconstruction of our once united and unifying national sport. This goddamned anathema to all Americans set whole blocks of fanbases across the nation against one successful team just for the sake of "parity". This national travesty seeped into our day to day lives and gave rise to the horrendous onslaught of special interest anti-democracy entities we see running amok in our media and in our streets today.

Just ask ourselves, "What would Mara want to happen here?"

As long as I understand that my original thoughts were wrong

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness
    "I never doubted his integrity"

and that this is the correct course of fact

9336725-large.jpg

I feel much better now

A-Movie-Poster-for-Dr.-Strangelove-Or-How-I-Learned-to-Stop-Worrying-and-Love-the-Bomb-310x250.jpg

I have no love for how the NFL is run, but quoting articles from the constitution is irrelevant. This isn't a court of law. It's a collectively bargained agreement between the NFL and PA that states the NFL can basically do whatever it wants in regards to player discipline. It will probably lead to a strike in 2020, but no one's civil rights are being trampled here.
Agreed. The players have no one to blame but themselves, unfortunately. I think they thought the NFL would be fair in implementing this provision, or they did not think about how it would actually work in real life situations, particularly with a commissioner who is willing to push the provision to the limit, actual facts be damned. The test will be the next collective bargaining agreement. If the players exchange a fair suspension/appeal process for more $$ then they have knowingly accepted this clown show. If they insist on provisions that require actual witnesses and an independent arbitrator, then they will have (hopefully) corrected this problem which allows Fraudger to be accuser, witness, judge and jury.

Edit - I can't say that I'm upset that Jerrah is getting a taste of the Patriots' medicine. How bout them rules, Jerrah?

Agreed. The players have no one to blame but themselves, unfortunately. I think they thought the NFL would be fair in implementing this provision, or they did not think about how it would actually work in real life situations, particularly with a commissioner who is willing to push the provision to the limit, actual facts be damned. The test will be the next collective bargaining agreement. If the players exchange a fair suspension/appeal process for more $$ then they have knowingly accepted this clown show. If they insist on provisions that require actual witnesses and an independent arbitrator, then they will have (hopefully) corrected this problem which allows Fraudger to be accuser, witness, judge and jury.

Edit - I can't say that I'm upset that Jerrah is getting a taste of the Patriots' medicine. How bout them rules, Jerrah?

I agree, and to be fair to the PA, I think I heard (correct me if I'm wrong) that this article has been in effect in some form or another through every commissioners tenure, and until Goodell there's never really been a problem. So from their perspective, they probably weren't too worried about an abuse of the commissioners power, because the two prior had been more fair.

I have no love for how the NFL is run, but quoting articles from the constitution is irrelevant. This isn't a court of law. It's a collectively bargained agreement between the NFL and PA that states the NFL can basically do whatever it wants in regards to player discipline. It will probably lead to a strike in 2020, but no one's civil rights are being trampled here.
No one's contractual right s are being trampled here. Civil rights and customary protections during a disciplinary process are another matter. The NFL can go ahead and be this high handed with how it treats American citizens if it wants to lose the right to do so in a court of law. Legislation has Passed through Congress over less

No one's contractual right s are being trampled here. Civil rights and customary protections during a disciplinary process are another matter. The NFL can go ahead and be this high handed with how it treats American citizens if it wants to lose the right to do so in a court of law. Legislation has Passed through Congress over less

The US courts have already ruled that, because of the CBA, the NFL can suspend players for whatever it wants and basically do whatever it wants in the appeals and have it hold on. Goodell heard the appeal on his own punishment of Brady, and the courts saw no issue with that, because the players had agreed to it.

The US courts have already ruled that, because of the CBA, the NFL can suspend players for whatever it wants and basically do whatever it wants in the appeals and have it hold on. Goodell heard the appeal on his own punishment of Brady, and the courts saw no issue with that, because the players had agreed to it.
I think the court ruled a bit more narrow than that. Either way I was mostly thinking about possible antitrust and legislation consequences

The hard, unfortunate truth. The original judge in the federal district court (forget his name) did have an issue with it, and tried to rule that essentially a kangaroo court had been conducted that violated the CBA, but the appeals court for the 2nd circuit disagreed and affirmed Fraudger's right to do whatever he wanted, as that is what the players agreed to.

Edit - Judge Berman

Last edited:
I mean, they've got the NFL in a no kidding lie. To prevent the investigator to have their report used is unreal.

I sad that the TB12 lawsuit would open Pandora's box of criminality and this proves it. The second circuit, by ignoring the lies in the Brady appeal by the league office, have created this monster that thinks it can get away with anything they want under article 42.

I see Florio talking about fundamental fairness etc. This case will be very interesting to follow.

I still don't how that was allowed to stand. How can a lawyer openly lie to the court and not either have the case thrown out or have the attorney sanctioned for lying?

This belongs here...

This is a greedy, tacky, corrupt league with no soul at its core. It doesn’t really matter if the Cowboys regress this season—and again, they will. Jerry will still be the kingfish, raking in his money and spending it with all the sensitivity of Marie Antoinette:

This is the America you live in now. Not only do the bad guys win, they don’t even have to sneak around to do it. Everyone knows Jerry has a fixer (hmmm). Everyone knows Jerry is horny at all hours. Everyone knows the NFL has a ****ed-up relationship will local prosecutors in case players—or the league itself—get in a jam. It doesn’t matter. You live in an age of naked, unapologetic corruption. No organization is a more fitting exemplar of this than the Dallas Cowboys and their tiresome, Real Housewives casting reject fans. After all, it’s not just Dallas players that are out here assaulting women. They don’t deserve success. They don’t deserve happiness. They deserve to have a horse stomp on their throat.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-dallas-cowboys-1798693917

To the extent that this episode makes both Dallas and the NFL look bad, it's a blessing.

I still don't how that was allowed to stand. How can a lawyer openly lie to the court and not either have the case thrown out or have the attorney sanctioned for lying?

Because of corruption. You and I operate on a much different plane than these people. Chin and crew should have hammered the NFL yet they didn't even mention it. Neither did Kessler.

I think the NFLPA learned it's lesson but it is too late. The time was with TB, and they shouldn't even be granted a restraining order nor an injunction.

If I am the judge, I am apologetic yet I lay this down on the table:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experiments/usatoday/Sports/2016-04-25-tom-brady-suspension-appeal.pdf

good, screw the 31 teams that told brady to just take the punishment. Screw every teams fans that cheered. Screw every owner that wanted HARSHER punishments.

Glass house mother ****ers. Burn it to the ground!

Elliott is getting the Brady treatment in his appeal hearing.....

Henderson refuses to require Tiffany Thompson’s presence at Elliott appeal hearing

Just when you think that the NFL can not be more tone deaf, or unfair...

So they are going to suspend Elliott, without as much as a criminal arrest, let alone conviction, and now they see no reason to give him the basic right to confront his accuser!!! There was this guy, James Madison, he wrote this pretty important thing a while back, in which he laid out the basic rights all Americans have, and I'm pretty sure the right to face your accuser was one of them.

He may very well have assaulted her, but they did not place her under oath, she did not sit for a deposition and you are going to just take her word and not let Elliott question his accuser?

This is officially a travesty of justice. Now I hope Jerrah goes balls to the walls against the NFL. I can't see how any actual Judge would let this stand, then again, I never thought two idots sitting in NYC would overturn the Brady ruling.

In the immortal words of Johnny Cash...
I hear a train a coming, its rolling round the bend......Elliott is in for a screwing, and it looks like he isn't even going to get dinner first.

Agree with the premise but disagree with the "meeting the accuser" point.

In a different thread, I wrote that I thought it was a mistake by Elliott's camp to remain silent during the investigative process and rely on fair and honest treatment from the league. I thought they redeemed themselves with their response last evening. Claiming there was a conspiracy against Elliott? Get that idea out there, make people wonder. Like ViperGTS posted, though, they should have been make points like that with Brady.

In the big picture, the NFL implemented their current domestic violence policy in 2014. Since then, they have inconsistently handled almost every DV case. Is it incompetence or some type of bias at work? For a commissioner that claims to hold the integrity of the game as paramount, either option is not good.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back