A Brady-like suspension may loom for Ezekiel Elliott

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
with some leaks from the league office about possible non-cooperation, to sway public opinion.

The specific allegation is that Elliott committed five acts of domestic violence in a six-day window

League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Let’s see if domestic violence is treated as harshly as playing a game in 48 degree weather with footballs with exactly the air pressure that they ought have, when it is 48 degrees outside.

Doing nothing, we learned, gets you 4 games off, because the ignorant King Goodell and his more ignorant lackies say so.

Doing something bad gets you what, exactly? Does it depend on the identity of the team, the player, the owner, or does it depend on proof of what you did or did not do?

Inquiring minds want to know…

Last edited:
I don't like the title of the thread.

Perhaps, something along the line of putting Goondell in proper perspective.

Reactions: jah
4-games reduced to 2-games after they appeal. Served in 2018 of course. No way the Cowboys have one of their players suspended. Then again it would help the Giants and the Maras so 4-games 2017 season it is.

4-games reduced to 2-games after they appeal. Served in 2018 of course. No way the Cowboys have one of their players suspended. Then again it would help the Giants and the Maras so 4-games 2017 season it is.
So you're saying the fix is in either way...

Hard not to be cynical about Elliott getting preferential treatment because of the Star on his helmet. Harder still to bitterly recognized that a team could have 50 DV events and still not end up with a "strike" like the Patriots had against them for both 'gates - i.e., there are no likely escalators on a team-wide basis for any other team for any other infractions.

However - that all said and recognized - I'd love it for the NFL to manage to somehow be equitable in its treatment of players in a manner which both rid us of these deflategate-like investigations and reduced DV instances among players. I'd rather the whole league get better than hope that other teams get dragged into the mud like the Patriots so needlessly have been.

Mara has Goodell's ear...um, balls in a vice. Goodell will do what Mara says.

The specific allegation is that Elliott committed five acts of domestic violence in a six-day window

tumblr_inline_osacprzyWe1qgozmu_540.gif

I'm sorry, Cris Carter is the one reporting that an NFL player has been caught being naughty and hiding evidence of said transgression?
And that's because Carter is no longer advising rookies?

I could see the NFL using non-cooperation in an investigation to reduce the possible suspension for domestic violence.

As for any suspension, I will believe it when I see it with Jerrah trumpeting for no suspension.

A DV case that involved Josh Brown who reportedly beat his wife 19 times , received a 1 game suspension.

Elliot has reportedly beat his women five times.

For how many games will Elliot be suspended?

5/19 = 0.26 games.

He will deservedly miss the first quarter and possibly two minutes of the second.

A Brady-like suspension, huh? Elliott was innocent and railroaded with fake evidence, and the commissioner lied about his testimony?
Exactly. Not much to compare, at least yet.

I think some are wondering if the "Brady-like suspension" will be a way for Goodell (and Jones, and Elliot) to work around the suggested automatic 6 games for domestic violence, while possibly only seeing 4.

A DV case that involved Josh Brown who reportedly beat his wife 19 times , received a 1 game suspension.

5/19 = 0.26 games.

He will deservedly miss the first quarter and possibly two minutes of the second.
You forgot Josh Brown played for the NEW YORK Giants. E!SPN will claim the disparit will be because he is black.

with some leaks from the league office about possible non-cooperation, to sway public opinion.

League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Let’s see if domestic violence is treated as harshly as playing a game in 48 degree weather with footballs with exactly the air pressure that they ought have, when it is 48 degrees outside and the footballs were originally inflated, to the proper air pressure, indoors in a room where the temperature was 72 degrees.

Doing nothing, we learned, gets you 4 games off, because the ignorant King Goodell and his more ignorant lackies say so.

Doing something bad gets you what, exactly? Does it depend on the identity of the team, the player, the owner, or does it depend on proof of what you did or did not do?

Inquiring minds want to know…

Agree 100%. Made one small correction.

5/19 = 0.26 games.

You forgot to apply the Mara algorithm in both cases.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back