PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jerry Jones may have accosted an NFL employee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry Jones represents everything that I hate about NFL owners. Greed, sense of entitlement, and no regard at all for anyone else

That said, though, how is "raising your voice" at someone considered to be accosting them?

ac·cost
əˈkôst,əˈkäst/
verb
verb: accost; 3rd person present: accosts; past tense: accosted; past participle: accosted; gerund or present participle: accosting
  1. approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.

Jerry Jones Reportedly Accosts NFL's Domestic Violence Investigator Regarding Ezekiel Elliott

First Greg Hardy, now (reportedly) this. Threatened her over the woman just doing her job. If true, sounds like Jones is a quality human being.

We could only hope that jerrah "accosting" her leads gotohell to get pissed off and punish cowpokes; then maybe we could finally get that third exec committee vote to fire gotohell's azz.
. . .
Just ignore me--I'm daydreaming again.

Interesting point raised by Hurley: Friel is a key player in how the league responds to domestic violence incidents. She's also a huge Giants fan, which raises the question of why the league, without explanation, was lenient with Josh Brown.

The league is now looking into a possible incident with Dallas's Elliott. If they find something, does Elliott get the supposedly mandatory 6 game suspension or the 1 game suspension that Brown received? There's no choice that doesn't lead to second guessing. A 6 game suspension and it will be the Giants fan trying to hamstring a division rival. A 1 game suspension or a report that they couldn't find any evidence and it will be Jones intimidating Friel to get his way. If only there was some integrity available to get them out of this mess.

"This is today’s NFL. Rich, powerful men believe they are entitled to manipulate the system in their favor, no matter the circumstance. “Fairness” remains a word in the dictionary with no actual place in reality. There is no sign of anything changing any time soon."

So true. Integrity my aese.

I can't, I'm too busy ignoring @fnordcircle

3oEjHDi3HtHzZ3IzkI.gif

I think he's saying if the NYJFL* 32 teams were completely transparent of all the immoral things going on with their players and employees, the NYJFL* would lose a lot of skill further degrading the play on the field as well the people being appalled of all the immorality that the people would finally start tuning out the NYJFL* and then they would all lose a lot of money. Obviously Jerry wouldn't be on the street since he's loaded but he'd lose a lot of money and the NYJFL* may implode.
I took it too be referring to something more specific but I suppose you could be right.

The Pats, BB, and TFB, are just about the only honorable entities in the increasingly obviously corrupt NFL*.

I think it's more of a "few bad apples spoiling the bunch" kind of thing.

Yep. Hell I got yelled at this morning for throwing out a bunch of old apples sitting in the pantry closet that we got apple picking over a month ago.

Little did I know Mrs. RW was planning on making a couple of apple pies for Thanksgiving.

I was threatened!!!....(or the guy screwed up.):p

You definitely screwed up. I'm telling my wife what you did.

Speaking of talking to women, I have some useful definitions of women's words that may help, in case you don't know them already.

FINE

This is the word women use to end an argument when they're right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING

This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD

This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS

A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Almost forgot "Whatever"...(it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!)

Was that wrong? Should he not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to him at all when he first started there that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

You definitely screwed up. I'm telling my wife what you did.

Speaking of talking to women, I have some useful definitions of women's words that may help, in case you don't know them already.

FINE

This is the word women use to end an argument when they're right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING

This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD

This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS

A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Almost forgot "Whatever"...(it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!)

So true.

Then there is the..."You never listen" comment.

Well, maybe you SHOULD try listening more.....

Nah. Its worked for 25 years. :p

While an intelligent, loyal, compassionate and great wife and mother she is if I didn't utilize my selective hearing capabilities I would drink 4x more than I currently do.

Jerry Jones + hotel bar = comedy gold.

There was that whole thing with strippers too from a few years ago when a whole bunch of pics showed up online.

I bet Jerruh had some fun that night
When I lived in Dallas it was common knowledge that Jerry always had a room at a local hotel for his mistresses. He had some type of agreement with his wife.

When I lived in Dallas it was common knowledge that Jerry always had a room at a local hotel for his mistresses. He had some type of agreement with his wife.
So did I...

Not surprised.

So did I...
He supposedly had a room at the Stoneleigh in Oak Lawn (nice place). Never liked the guy. I think the Cowboys had a good chance of winning 3 Superbowls in a row......oh, but Jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3