OT: NFL tries to hide Jones and Irsay from testifying on drug case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Integrity.

NFL tries to shield Jerry Jones, Jim Irsay from deposition in prescription drug case

Via Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal, the league’s lawyers called the requests “harassing” in a letter to the presiding judge, arguing that the plaintiffs “would seek . . . to leverage Mr. Irsay’s personal struggle with pain medication” and that the plaintiffs are targeting Jones because of his public statements about injuries to current Cowboys players.

Note that this request is harassment, but requesting 5 interviews with team employees and requesting personal cell phones are obstruction, and require stripping of a 1st and 4th round draft choice and 4 game suspensions.

Pieces of work.

So NFL suspends a player 4 games for weed and Irsay has a lifelong drug addiction and had his ex-mistress OD in a home Irsay (The colts org) owns.

opiategate?? ----- Wait...why put that ethical franchise who were recent AFC Finalists and those super polite fans through such an ordeal?

Screen-Shot-2015-10-19-at-11.29.10-AM.png

Haven't they suffered enough with the lucky dust sprinkler?

2012 November 18 New England Patriots 59-24 Indianapolis Colts Gillette Stadium Andrew Luck Tom Brady
2014 January 11 New England Patriots 43-22 Indianapolis Colts Gillette Stadium Andrew Luck Tom Brady
2014 November 16 New England Patriots 42–20 Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium Andrew Luck Tom Brady
2015 January 18 New England Patriots 45-7 Indianapolis Colts Gillette Stadium Andrew Luck Tom Brady
2015 October 18 New England Patriots 34-27 Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium Andrew Luck Tom Brady

After all, Irsay managed not to kill any other motorists before he finally got pulled over and arrested. Police confirmed all 4 tires were a bit low on air but Irsay's lawyers have confirmed it was only 3 tires and it was due to the cold weather. Colt fans fully agree.

Rivalry ?? Really ??

Patriots 51 wins
Colts 29 wins

Last edited:
And the NFL wonders why viewership is down? Between their shameful anti-American attitudes, the indefensible treatment of one of (if not the) best franchises and top players, and now this, I'm surprised anyone tunes in who isn't a die-hard fan of the two teams playing.

I need to find a few cases of toilet paper with Goodell's face on each square.

Of course, using it as intended might be considered redundant, since Goodell is already full of sh!t.

Sounds like he had no choice.. it was forced on him and the bodies found in his condo.
Now, now, addiction is a disease not a choice......it's big pharma's fault, oh wait, they advertise with the NFL, forget about what I just said.....

Hide them all you want. Here's the blueprint on getting creatures out of hiding

You get a mouse by laying our cheese (peanut butter works better imho)
For Jerry, just have a few news reporters show up to the stadium
For Irsay, well just need to get a drug dealer on a street corner near the stadium

Hide them all you want. Here's the blueprint on getting creatures out of hiding

You get a mouse by laying our cheese (peanut butter works better imho)
For Jerry, just have a few news reporters show up to the stadium
For Irsay, well just need to get a drug dealer on a street corner near the stadium
I was in indy last year, and there looked to be a crack house right down the street from their stadium. It might be torn down now, but there are a lot of seedy buildings not far from the stadium.

Good news/bad news: the judge is allowing Jerry Jones to be deposed, but not allowing Jim Irsay.

Jerry Jones can be deposed in painkiller lawsuit

Basically, they think Jones is potentially part of the problem, while Irsay's situation was them chasing after an addict who wasn't involved in the specific issue. Makes sense from a legal perspective to me, although from a personal perspective I wish it were Irsay and not Jones if given a choice.... ;)

Last edited:
Is anyone surprised?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Seems like owners do get a free pass over lots of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News