PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Un-Lucky Whitehead cut for arrest that never happened

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Cops: Guy We Arrested Is NOT Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead, Case Dropped (UPDATE)

The Cowboys ignore it when starting players get arrested & they have no problem signing players who are charged with serious crimes.

When a report comes out that a specials team player was arrested for shoplifting..... they cut the guy even though he said he was never arrested.

Well Lucky was right..... he was never arrested & Jerry Jones & Jason Garrett look like fools as usual.

ESPN also just reported this...

Great job Dallas investigating this before taking actions.

They are spending way too much time making excuses for Ezekiel Elliot.

I am sure they spent as much time investigating Lucky Whitehead actions as they did Eziekel Elliot actions.

Last edited:
Jerry Jones & Jason Garrett look like fools as usual.

tumblr_lzyhwrDcY11qg39ewo1_500.gif

"That's another fine mess you've gotten me into, Jason!"

Lucky is a buddy of mine from my hometown. He grew up in a really rough neighborhood and always kept his head on straight. When I heard the news, I couldn't help but be disappointed in him because I was sure it was just a case of still associating himself with the wrong crowd. I got a text from somebody who Lucky lived with in Northern VA that Lucky wasn't even in town when it happened. Somebody close with him (EDIT: it wasn't who I speculated previously, i should not have done that. It was another kid from our hometown who has been in and out of prison since high school), provided police with Lucky's name, SSN, etc. when he was arrested for the theft which is how this whole debacle started.

Regardless, F Jerry Jones and his phony/disingenuous culture excuse. You have signed known domestic violence felons and continue to defend your precious little RB/WR divas who are both thugs. This was the perfect "example" for Jerry to use to show his culture is improving by cutting a roster bubble ST guy. Lucky is a great kid and a phenomenal athlete. Here's to hoping another NFL team gives him a shot.

Last edited:
Somebody close with him, and there is speculation that it's another former NFL'er who has gone off the deep end [Brandon Hogan], provided police with Lucky's name, SSN, etc. when he was arrested for the theft which is how this whole debacle started.
Great, now Jerry and Roger are going to have to find a "Hogan" to be the Fall guy..first names are irrelevant

sucks for the kid, I hope someone gives hi ma chance..perhaps a division rival.

The OP's headline of "fake news" is a little disappointing. The news media reported it correctly every step of the way: he was mistakenly identifed, waived and then exonerated. The screw-up belongs to the police for failing to identify the correct suspect and the moron Cowboys for cutting the guy without giving him a fair shake to explain what happened.

Last edited:
The OP's headline of "fake news" is a little disappointing. The news media reported it correctly every step of the way: he was arrested, waived and then exonerated. The screw-up belongs to the police for failing to identify the correct suspect and the moron Cowboys for cutting the guy without giving him a fair shake to explain what happened.
That's not entirely correct. Lucky was never arrested. A guy who classified himself as Lucky, was arrested for larceny back in June. The court date was scheduled for July and the real Lucky did not show up because he was unaware of what "he" was charged with. The warrant went out for his arrest for failing to show and that's when the firestorm started.

Not saying it's necessarily the media's fault as there was no reason for them not to believe the police report but Lucky was actually never arrested. Kid just came back into town for a football camp he holds at the local high school, heard about the warrant, then was notified he had been cut. His agent spoke with police, they went back and pulled the security footage and confirmed it wasn't him. City of Manassas police are a joke. Real ****tty situation.

and the moron Cowboys for cutting the guy without giving him a fair shake to explain what happened.

To be fair I think BB would cut the player outright as well just like he did with Brandow Spikes a couple years ago and that's the right thing to do indeed for millionaire athletes who can't keep their **** together.

This (Lucky's case) was just an unfortunate situation and a sum of a few **** ups from other parts, the player really had no fault according to @Dorito Dink explanation.

if they cut him stating it was due to the arrest, and he wasn't in fact arrested

is that not grounds for a suit?

Nah, they could have cut him for anything and they didn't have to give a reason. Still feels unfair.

Cops: Guy We Arrested Is NOT Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead, Case Dropped (UPDATE)

The Cowboys ignore it when starting players get arrested & they have no problem signing players who are charged with serious crimes.

When a report comes out that a specials team player was arrested for shoplifting..... they cut the guy even though he said he was never arrested.

Well Lucky was right..... he was never arrested & Jerry Jones & Jason Garrett look like fools as usual.

ESPN also just reported this...

Great job Dallas investigating this before taking actions.

They are spending way too much time making excuses for Ezekiel Elliot.

I am sure they spent as much time investigating Lucky Whitehead actions as they did Eziekel Elliot actions.

LMFAO

Nicely done Jerrah.

14 teams have already reached out to him, including his hometown Redskins. It would be nice for him to be able to stick it to Jerruh but probably best for him to stay away from his DC roots, though.

Here's to hoping he signs on and makes the 53 man roster somewhere.

if they cut him stating it was due to the arrest, and he wasn't in fact arrested

is that not grounds for a suit?
"Unfair termination"?

The Patriots did the same thing, they cut that Hernandez kid and now he's be found not guilty. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the Police didn't fingerprint whoever they arrested. If they did, they would have found out instantly that it wasn't "Lucky".

The fact that whoever got arrested had his name, DOB, and SSN (and apparently reasonably resembles Lucky), I'm guessing its a brother or cousin.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back