PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elliott is getting the Brady treatment in his appeal hearing.....

Elliot has a much worse chance in court than Brady because science said nothing happened and at least Judge Berman understood that. Elliot can get suspended just for lifting that woman's shirt up and that is on tape.

The NFLPA needs to get some better negotiators. You can't let the commissioner have the power to just arbitrarily suspend players in the next CBA.

Elliot has a much worse chance in court than Brady because science said nothing happened and at least Judge Berman understood that. Elliot can get suspended just for lifting that woman's shirt up and that is on tape.

Cowboys beat writer. Yeah, good luck with that judge. Don't know how the Brady case doesn't make this closed and shut.

I strongly expect this will parallel the Brady case in a lot of ways. The district court will block the suspension and because of the time it takes for things to grind through the court system Elliot will play the entire year. Then it will be appealed (to the Fifth Circuit, I believe) which will overturn the lower court decision and Elliot will serve his suspension next season.

I strongly expect this will parallel the Brady case in a lot of ways. The district court will block the suspension and because of the time it takes for things to grind through the court system Elliot will play the entire year. Then it will be appealed (to the Fifth Circuit, I believe) which will overturn the lower court decision and Elliot will serve his suspension next season.

Why? They already (the court) have their answer already. The precedent is there. This should be the quickest hearing ever. The NFL will/should just say article 46, Second Circuit your honor.

Why? They already (the court) have their answer already. The precedent is there. This should be the quickest hearing ever. The NFL will/should just say article 46, Second Circuit your honor.
Circuit court precedent is not binding on other circuits. It can be persuasive to show reasoning and how other circuits think, but no circuit other than the 2nd is obliged to follow the 2nd.

Elliot is going to serve his suspension eventually. The question is whether it's this year or next year. The NFL will take it to SCOTUS if they have to, and the conclusion of a labor case in the Roberts court is already forgone.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back