PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eliot Wolf a Finalist for Bears GM Position

Yea, who knows. I believe at the time the 2 guys available were Sanu and Sanders. Maybe he liked Sanders better and was told Sanu or nothing. Who knows
Several sources know.
NFL Media's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday on NFL Network that Brady "was a big factor" in the Sanu trade.

“But Mohamed Sanu, the acquisition of him last week, I am told by several sources that Brady really pushed for that one,” Garafolo said. “So, the Patriots were willing to give up a second-round pick to get Sanu in, a guy that Brady was eager to have inside the building there and knows will be integral in the offense. He was a big factor there.”

Ok. Your comment

Krafts comment

“In the end, if you want to have a good, consistent, winning football team, you can’t do it in free agency,” Kraft said. “You have to do it through the draft. I don’t feel we’ve done the greatest job the last few years and I really hope, and I believe, I’ve seen a different approach this year.”

Nothing about ****ty drafts for 5 years. Nothing at all about group effort.

There are zero comments that Ziegler Wolf and scouts TOOK THE LEAD in free agency, just that free agency is part of their job.
I wasn't quoting verbatim and you know it. The gist of what I summarized is what he said. Not doing the "greatest job" = "sh**ty" to me because in fact they were sh**ty drafts. Kraft: "I've seen a different approach this year!!!!"

You didn't bring Bill's quote where he praised Zeigler, Wolf and the scout for leading the effort, praising their work. How convenient. And yes, it was a group effort. It wasn't Bill and his dog doing all the work alone and vetoing recommendations of scouts like he did with Harry.

Not sure why you insist on believing nothing changed. It did. Bill himself said they did things differently. Whatever Andy. It's not worth wasting time with you. It's like talking to a 2 year old.

Several sources know.
NFL Media's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday on NFL Network that Brady "was a big factor" in the Sanu trade.

“But Mohamed Sanu, the acquisition of him last week, I am told by several sources that Brady really pushed for that one,” Garafolo said. “So, the Patriots were willing to give up a second-round pick to get Sanu in, a guy that Brady was eager to have inside the building there and knows will be integral in the offense. He was a big factor there.”
Those are rumors. Listening to Brady's actual words sounds less convincing.

Those are rumors. Listening to Brady's actual words sounds less convincing.
Several sources told a reporter.
Bradys actual words confirm he wanted him.

Here's what Bill said:

“Matt rejoined us and has been heavily involved in the process, and (assistant director of player personnel) Dave Ziegler, (front office executive) Eliot Wolf and (national scout) Matt Groh have really carried the ball on this,” Belichick said.

“They’ve done a ton of work and their respected staffs that they oversee as well. In particular, those three guys have really done a tremendous amount of work, evaluation, organization and have done a great job of putting things together,” said Belichick.

Andy's interpretation:
Bill did all the work himself while everyone else got coffee for him.

Here's what Bill said:

“Matt rejoined us and has been heavily involved in the process, and (assistant director of player personnel) Dave Ziegler, (front office executive) Eliot Wolf and (national scout) Matt Groh have really carried the ball on this,” Belichick said.

“They’ve done a ton of work and their respected staffs that they oversee as well. In particular, those three guys have really done a tremendous amount of work, evaluation, organization and have done a great job of putting things together,” said Belichick.

Andy's interpretation:
Bill did all the work himself while everyone else got coffee for him.
They did their job, and Belichick was in charge and made the decisions. Showing that subordinates did their job and the boss liked their work doesn’t show they are the boss.

Several sources told a reporter.
Bradys actual words confirm he wanted him.
Lol, no they don't. Your reading comprehension sucks balls. Brady said "everyone liked him." That's hardly an indictment on "I'm pushing for him and that's why they got him."

From what we know, it's just as likely that:

1. Brady was desperate for weapons,
2. Brady wanted them to trade for Sanders,
3. FO told him how about Sanu instead?
4. Brady said, whatever dudes, anyone but f**king Harry, idc.
5. Brady says: "yea everybody liked him."

Lol, no they don't. Your reading comprehension sucks balls. Brady said "everyone liked him." That's hardly an indictment on "I'm pushing for him and that's why they got him."

No it’s not just as likely because we have several sources saying Brady pushed for Sanu, Brady applauding the move and Brady not disputing he pushed for Sanu.
Its like saying it’s just as likely he wanted ocho cinco

There are zero comments that Ziegler Wolf and scouts TOOK THE LEAD in free agency, just that free agency is part of their job.

The people who’s jobs are personnel are heavily involved in the process. That isn’t news. It’s not a shock.
It doesn’t mean they had authority over belichick.
Those comments indicate nothing different than any other year except for noting their role, since Caserio who led that group is gone now.

We need wolf to stay.

patriot drafts from 2015 to 2020 = near total sucksge! Uglier than a jets fan taking the Mensa test!

patriots draft 2021 = A plus!

Let’s keep the band together and keep caserio and bb as far away from the patriots war room as possible!

Rumors on the Messageboard is that the Raiders will go in house for GM and keep the whole coaching staff in tact.
We will see.
4gd9uz.jpg

I think that's EXACTLY what happened.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back