PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chicago Bears Request to Interview Eliot Wolf for GM Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears requested to interview Eliot Wolf for their GM Position.

Wolf is the son of HOF Packers GM Ron Wolf and was assistant GM for the Packers, and rebuilt the Browns as assistant GM, before moving to help the Pats. The 2021 Patriots draft was a home run with Mac Jones, Barmore, Stevenson, and maybe more as injured players return.

The Patriot drafts pre-Wolf SUCKED from 2013-2019. Losing Wolf would be a massive loss. Think of how crappy the drafts were before Wolf, we'll have more of the same if future Patriot drafts keep getting influenced by idiot roommates from John Carroll university.

Eliot Wolf candidate for Bears GM job

[Pre-Wolf 2020 Herald article]: Patriot Draft Misses Are Driving Their Downfall.

Last edited:
"Wolf has been with the Patriots since March 2020 after spending a pair of seasons as the Browns’ assistant General Manager.

The son of Hall of Famer Ron Wolf, Eliot joined the Packers as a pro personnel assistant in 2004 and worked his way up to director of football operations before leaving for the Browns job.

He’s received several interviews to become a G.M. before, though Brian Gutekunst was named Packers G.M. to succeed Ted Thompson in 2018"

This is not good for us.
We need the Wolf.
Promote him BB.

Yeah. BB's title was always ambiguous. But if BB is technically dual GM and HC, it's worth it here to give Wolf the GM title to keep Wolf. BB is the goat but getting old and he can't be on top of a thousand things at the same time.

"The Patriots’ drafts from 2016-19 collectively rank sixth-worst in the NFL, according to the weighted career Approximate Value (AV) of players selected...

Over the past five years, Pats draftees have combined for a weighted career AV of 166. Only the Cardinals (109), Buccaneers (155), Raiders (156), Vikings (157) and Washington Football Team (165) have yielded less lately from the draft"

Last edited:
The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

The Chicago Bears requested to interview Eliot Wolf for their GM Position.

Wolf is the son of HOF Packers GM Ron Wolf and was assistant GM for the Packers, and rebuilt the Browns as assistant GM, before moving to help the Pats. The 2021 Patriots draft was a home run with Mac Jones, Barmore, Stevenson, and maybe more as injured players return.

The Patriot drafts pre-Wolf SUCKED from 2013-2019. Losing Wolf would be a massive loss. Think of how crappy the drafts were before Wolf, we'll have more of the same if future Patriot drafts keep getting influenced by idiot roommates from John Carroll university.

Eliot Wolf candidate for Bears GM job

[Pre-Wolf 2020 Herald article]: Patriot Draft Misses Are Driving Their Downfall.
the Bears would really be on to something if the hired Wolf as GM and then hired Brian Flores as head coach. That would be a good pair

the Bears would really be on to something if the hired Wolf as GM and then hired Brian Flores as head coach. That would be a good pair

Wolf-Flores, Wolf-Daboll, Wolf-O'Brien would all be strong pairs.

Meanwhile the Pats will nose dive when BB retires and it will get real ugly real fast.

Ziegler is more important and we won’t promote Wolf over him

Ziegler (of Sanu bust trade fame) is another total waste of space former John Carroll roommate of McDaniels. Would give zero weight thinking about him when it comes to keeping Wolf. But I get it, like a dumb child you're reflexively going to say the opposite. Please continue.

Oh thank goodness we might be almost done having threads about him.

Yeah Pats have their best draft this past year in 8 years with Wolf, but let's not keep having good drafts, let's go back to crappy drafts. Awesome idea.

Except Flores is stuck once again in QB no man's land.

To me Field's is NFC Tua.

Yeah Pats have their best draft this past year in 8 years with Wolf, but let's not keep having good drafts, let's go back to crappy drafts. Awesome idea.
We've beaten multiple horses to death at this point, but I think my first post on the topic of Wolf from a year ago is still as relevant as ever:

Does somebody always deserve credit when a draft pick is successful, or blame when it isn't? I don't think we can just ignore the massive amount of luck and randomness that goes into this. For example, Belichick admitted that they saw Onwenu as a backup guard, and that it was basically luck that they got a high quality tackle. A few years ago, the Cardinals were on the phone to pick Ameer Abdullah at 55, but had to settle for David Johnson at 86 because Abdullah was taken at 54. The Ravens risked losing Lamar Jackson because they absolutely needed to pick Hayden Hurst first.

That makes things complicated enough. So after all that is done, I'm not sure how you then divvy up the appropriate amount of credit to individual members of the scouting staff.

We've beaten multiple horses to death at this point, but I think my first post on the topic of Wolf from a year ago is still as relevant as ever:

Does somebody always deserve credit when a draft pick is successful, or blame when it isn't? I don't think we can just ignore the massive amount of luck and randomness that goes into this. For example, Belichick admitted that they saw Onwenu as a backup guard, and that it was basically luck that they got a high quality tackle. A few years ago, the Cardinals were on the phone to pick Ameer Abdullah at 55, but had to settle for David Johnson at 86 because Abdullah was taken at 54. The Ravens risked losing Lamar Jackson because they absolutely needed to pick Hayden Hurst first.

That makes things complicated enough. So after all that is done, I'm not sure how you then divvy up the appropriate amount of credit to individual members of the scouting staff.

In general you always have good thoughts. And here yes absolutely. A draft is multiple pieces contributing. But you step back and unequivocally the Pats drafts sucked from 2013-2019 when the biggest voices in BB's ear were 3 idiot roommates from John Carroll university, especially 1 who was checked out and pissed off after he couldn't interview externally. And no coincidence the 2021 draft was exponentially better with Eliot Wolf and Groh more involved. Similar to why the 2009-2012 Patriot drafts were excellent and built the foundation for the next 3 rings, drafts that had Floyd Reese here. It's the same thing as why in the NBA the Golden State Warriors built a dynasty when Jerry West was there for 4 years. It clearly makes a difference.

Ziegler (of Sanu bust trade fame) is another total waste of space former John Carroll roommate of McDaniels. Would give zero weight thinking about him when it comes to keeping Wolf. But I get it, like a dumb child you're reflexively going to say the opposite. Please continue.

Ziegler is the director of player personnel. Your jumping over him to give credit to his subordinate is just another of your emotional outbursts that are never based in facts.

Once again the fact you're disagreeing is perfect, dumbest poster on the forum lets me know I'm on the right track. Imagine the Pats being so dumb they let Eliot Wolf go because they have Dave Ziegler. LOL.

Once again the fact you're disagreeing is perfect, dumbest poster on the forum lets me know I'm on the right track. Imagine the Pats being so dumb they let Eliot Wolf go because they have Dave Ziegler. LOL.
Ziegler is Wolfs boss you moron.
How many replies this time before you realize you have everything wrong and stop, Josh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back