PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edited thread title] Jack Jones arrested for possession of firearms at airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask what the penalty is.

I asked what the penalty SHOULD be. Personally, I would think that this is serious crime, with serious time associated with conviction.
I have no idea what the penalty SHOULD be. I'm just an unfrozen caveman nonlawyer/judge. Yes, it does sound quite serious.

I have no idea what the penalty SHOULD be. I'm just an unfrozen caveman nonlawyer/judge. Yes, it does sound quite serious.
fair enough

Relax.

I strongly support TSA's actions. I do think that penalties should be much more than a small fine.

I was reacting to the poster who thought that it was no big deal to carry loaded weapons onto planes.
I don’t think anyone said it was no big deal to carry a loaded weapon on a plane.
It would seem that you feel the justification for TSA ensuring airline safety is to treat the guy who was prevented from boarding as if he hijacked the plane

So the founding fathers were DUMB?

History says otherwise.

Wherever there has been registration, the government eventually came for the guns. In many instances Millions died.

The United States is "DUMB" because it doesn't address the bigger issues. Which are the piss poor mental health care system and the legal system that doesn't actually uphold the laws we have while thinking NEW laws will fix the issues. Many of the "mass shootings" where 3or more are killed would never happen if we actually upheld the laws we have.

66% of ALL gun deaths are suicides. If we did more than just shove anti-psychotics and psychotropics down people's throats, we would eliminate a good portion of them as well as one of the leading factors of Mass Shootings.

When I researched 89 of the Mass Shootings where 5 or more people were killed NOT including the shooter, from 2003-May 2022, this is what I found:
51 of the shooters had a diagnosed mental health issue.
15 of the shooters did not have a diagnosed mental health issue and were not diagnosed with one after the shooting.
21 of the shooters were felt to have a mental health issue by the family or friends but were not diagnosed.
1 case I found to be undetermined.

So of the 88, 60% involved a shooter with Mental Illness. Another 25% were thought to involve mental illness.

Now, one thing to note. There have not been over 200 mass shootings in ANY year. Ever. This is fear mongering by gun grabbers. They have changed the definition of "mass shooting" to include Gang Violence, Hostage situations, and murder suicides.. Something that prior to Sandy Hook, were never counted.
Yet the gun lobby opposes any law to prevent gun possession by the mentally I’ll.
The 2A had ZERO to do with "slave-hunting militias". I'm guessing you never actually read Mason's Master Draft which is what the Bill of Rights was based upon.

Pretty much everyone wanted Militias and no one wanted a Central Army to keep the govt in Check.
As for your opinion on the gun laws. Says the guy who got his hackles up because someone provided facts.. *shrug*
Not "pretty much everyone." You'll notice that Mason's negative statements about the danger from a central army were dropped during debate. It is true that Mason was very much a believer in the power of the states and his view of militias was at that level. In fact, he helped set up the Virginia militia - which was one of the militias that Washington recruited (via the state governor) to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. That did not mean that any group thrown together and calling itself a militia (or even an individual as a militia of one) was enabled by the 2nd Amendment to take up arms against the government. Mason did not live to see the Whiskey Rebellion, but many of his peers among the founders that were generally more disposed toward state and individual rights were generally supportive of putting it down or at least expressed opposition to violence directed toward the fledgeling government.

Assuming he gets cut, this is a big loss. This will force Jon Jones to go back to the outside and teams will pick on him like they did last year.
Jon Jones was not “picked on” last year, he played at a near probowl caliber

. If we put everyone who does not hurt anyone, or try to hurt anyone, but does something dangerous in jail for 6 months, we would have to build more jails. The cost of the extra jails would make the cost of TSA look trivial.
We disagree; that's fine.

Doing something dangerous in public place should be punished. Our laws should and do protect the public.
===============
I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING A POLITICL POSITION ON THIS SITE

There are lot more in jail than should be in jail.

For example, lifting the prohibition against alcohol and still considering marijuana at the same level as heroin is just plain wrong. Every chief executive should immediately commute the sentence of everyone convicted of possessing marijuana, and indicate that these law enforcement agents will now longer enforce such laws. This war on drugs is a vestige of Hoover and Nixon. The numbers released and benefits to our society would be huge. MA is on its way to reasonable drug policy.

This is but one example. Even in the current political environment, criminal justice legislation can be passed/

Waiting to pass judgment. Hoping for the best eventual outcome, whatever the fūck that means.

Oh, you mean there might be "mitigating circumstances"? That more might come out proving it all an innocent mistake? Or maybe he actually is schizophrenic and it really wasn't him.

Sorry, the "waiting to pass judgment" got my imagination going.

We disagree; that's fine.

Doing something dangerous in public place should be punished. Our laws should and do protect the public.
===============
I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING A POLITICL POSITION ON THIS SITE

There are lot more in jail than should be in jail.

For example, lifting the prohibition against alcohol and still considering marijuana at the same level as heroin is just plain wrong. Every chief executive should immediately commute the sentence of everyone convicted of possessing marijuana, and indicate that these law enforcement agents will now longer enforce such laws. This war on drugs is a vestige of Hoover and Nixon. The numbers released and benefits to our society would be huge. MA is on its way to reasonable drug policy.

This is but one example. Even in the current political environment, criminal justice legislation can be passed/
Why would you apologize in advance for posting someone Ian has made numerous attempts to clearly communicate he does not want here, then post it any way?
Not only are you politicizing this, but you are announcing in capital letters that you are doing it, knowing you shouldn’t.

The 2A had ZERO to do with "slave-hunting militias". I'm guessing you never actually read Mason's Master Draft which is what the Bill of Rights was based upon.

Pretty much everyone wanted Militias and no one wanted a Central Army to keep the govt in Check.
As for your opinion on the gun laws. Says the guy who got his hackles up because someone provided facts.. *shrug*
There is nothing wrong with the 2nd Amendment WHEN it was written. It was a perfectly written for reality of those times and the general lack of regard the people of that era had for a centralize army controlled by the Federal Government

However, that was then and this is NOW. We live in an ENTIRELY different world where centralized armies are the norm and local "militias" are now the National Guard, and there are fully armed National, State, and Local branches of law enforcement. What was necessary in the 1787, is NOT now. I don't understand why the 2nd Amendment is so sacrosanct.

As written it is an anachronism, but its been PR'ed by the gun lobby to be seen as the part of the constitution that gives and protects our personal freedoms. People sincerely believe that if you "take away my guns, you take away my freedoms". despite all the fearmongering, there has NEVER been a big movement to take away ANYONE's guns, just to control and limit what people can own and their responsibilities . Even small things like simple background checks drive them nuts.

The NRA for most of its existence (roughly the first 100yrs) was a leader in gun safety and training. They offered training and ranges for people to learn and respect firearms. In the 50's it was a leader in supporting simple gun control and gun safety legislation. By the early 80's the NRA started to move to the right, believing that 2nd amendment rights were akin to protecting our personal freedoms.

But the big move came in 1990 when it essentially became a tax exempt 501c "foundation", and mult-millions of dollars in dark money from the gun industry flowed in and lobbied fiercely to fight to the death on even the simplest gun control protections like background checks. Now the NRA STILL acts as a good place to get training and learn gun safety and a certain percentage of money goes to that end. However its main focus is still to act a the main protection for the gun industry.

You may disagree with my opinion, but the fact are the facts. All this stuff can be found on google

Last edited:

That’s a lot of charges.

Moron. Two things I know about Mass gun laws is:
1. You need a permit to carry / posses a hand gun.
2. There is no reciprocity with most, if any staes for non-residents who have a concealed carry in their home state.

So he was almost certainly breaking the law just by having it in Mass. But trying to board a plane with it is even more moronic. I travel with my pistol everywhere I go.

It takes 10 minutes to go to the ticket counter, declare your weapon, have them inspect it to ensure it is properly housed in a locked container and unloaded. Then they walk you to a special TSA bag inspection area, your bag is scanned. Your told you're good and off to the security line you go.

Can't imagine how anyone thinks they are going to sneak that past TSA.

I don’t think anyone said it was no big deal to carry a loaded weapon on a plane.
It would seem that you feel the justification for TSA ensuring airline safety is to treat the guy who was prevented from boarding as if he hijacked the plane
fair enough

But, yes, I do indeed that it is the TSA's responsibility to treat someone carrying a lethal weapon in his carryon as if he is a severe threat to the plane and to the passengers.

Why would you apologize in advance for posting someone Ian has made numerous attempts to clearly communicate he does not want here, then post it any way?
Not only are you politicizing this, but you are announcing in capital letters that you are doing it, knowing you shouldn’t.
some just can't help themselves...

Moron. Two things I know about Mass gun laws is:
1. You need a permit to carry / posses a hand gun.

Can't imagine how anyone thinks they are going to sneak that past TSA.
The police seem to think that several crimes were committed.

from CBS
State police confirmed to CBS News that Jones was charged with two state counts each of possession of a concealed weapon in a secure area of an airport, possession of ammunition without a firearm identification card, unlawful possession of a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm and possession of a large-capacity feeding device.
================
Jones was charged six criminal counts.

Yes you can. It has to be in a locked container, and you have to be traveling through. Supreme Court decided that a while ago.
I could still get hauled in by a leftist cop.

Sure I would get off after jumping through all the BS hoops.

Yet the gun lobby opposes any law to prevent gun possession by the mentally I’ll.

Not "pretty much everyone." You'll notice that Mason's negative statements about the danger from a central army were dropped during debate. It is true that Mason was very much a believer in the power of the states and his view of militias was at that level. In fact, he helped set up the Virginia militia - which was one of the militias that Washington recruited (via the state governor) to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. That did not mean that any group thrown together and calling itself a militia (or even an individual as a militia of one) was enabled by the 2nd Amendment to take up arms against the government. Mason did not live to see the Whiskey Rebellion, but many of his peers among the founders that were generally more disposed toward state and individual rights were generally supportive of putting it down or at least expressed opposition to violence directed toward the fledgeling government.

Speaking of George Washington...consider his most famous statement about citizens and guns: “A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined…"

Given this statement, and those of other founding fathers, I believe he would have had a real problem with the gun lobby opposing restricting the mentally ill. Mentally ill and disciplined sound like opposites to me. I think you are right on about that. However, there is zero doubt the founding fathers supported the citizens being armed.

My favorite argument for citizens being armed (aside from all the tyrannical governments in the world feasting on its unarmed citizens) is the Dred Scott case. Dred Scott? Yes, that was about trying to curb voting rights of blacks and maintain the balance of slave states to free states. But you know what else worried the Chief Justice who wrote that **** decision?

From his published decision: Black citizenship "...would give to persons of the negro race, who were recognized as citizens in any one State of the Union, the right ... to keep and carry arms wherever they want..."

Exactly. A government that wants to control its people wants no part of its people being armed.

Oh, you mean there might be "mitigating circumstances"? That more might come out proving it all an innocent mistake? Or maybe he actually is schizophrenic and it really wasn't him.

Sorry, the "waiting to pass judgment" got my imagination going.

I am pretty sure Myles Bryant planted the guns in an attempt to save his job by getting Jones arrested.

Wait until this all comes out.

There is NOTHING wrong with the 2nd Amendment "when" it was written. It was a perfectly written for reality of the times and the general lack of regard for a centralize army controlled by the Federal Government

However, that was then and this is NOW. We live in an ENTIRELY different world where centralized armies are the norm and local "militias" are now the National Guard, and there are fully armed National, State, and Local branches of law enforcement. What was necessary in the 1787, is NOT now. I don't understand why the 2nd Amendment is so sacrosanct.

As written it is an anachronism, but its been PR'ed by the gun lobby to be seen as the part of the constitution that gives and protects our personal freedoms. People sincerely believe that if you "take away my guns, you take away my freedoms". Even when there has NEVER been a big movement to take away ANYONE's guns, just to control and limit what people can own. Even small things like simple background checks drive them nuts.

The NRA for most of its existence (roughly 100yrs) was a leader in gun safety and training. They offered training and ranges for people to learn and respect firearms. In the 50's it was a leader in supporting simple gun control and gun safety legislation. By the early 80's the NRA started to move to the right, believing that 2nd amendment rights were akin to protecting our personal freedoms.

But the big move came in 1990 when it essentially became a tax exempt 501c "foundation", and mult-millions of dollars in dark money from the gun industry flowed in and lobbied fiercely to fight to the death on even the simplest gun control protections like background checks. Now the NRA STILL acts as a good place to get training and learn gun safety and a certain percentage of money goes to that end. However its main focus is still to act a the main protection for the gun industry.

You may disagree with my opinion, but the fact are the facts. All this stuff can be found on google

You clearly don't have any clue why the 2nd Amendment was enacted in the first place. I suggest you read Madison's Federalist No. 46. Madison believed that the arming of citizenry helped protect the people from a tyrannical federal government as well as foreign governments. YOU may think it's outdated but that's what the amendment process is for. You can't ignore something because you feel it isn't applicable in modern times.

"Being armed is an advantage that Americans have over the people of almost any other nation."

-James Madison, Author of the Bill of Rights

Last edited:
You clearly don't have any clue why the 2nd Amendment was enacted in the first place. I suggest you read Madison's Federalist No. 46. Madison believed that the arming of citizenry helped protect the people from a tyrannical federal government as well as foreign governments. YOU may think it's outdated but that's what the amendment process is for. You can't ignore something because you feel isn't applicable in modern times.

"Being armed is an advantage that Americans have over the people of almost any other nation."

-James Madison, Author of the Bill of Rights
Not really my business as i am from the UK but surely It is outdated in regards to why it was written in the first place? It may have been an advantage 200 yrs ago, if anything it appears to be the opposite now. What advantages does it bring?

I am pretty sure Myles Bryant planted the guns in an attempt to save his job by getting Jones arrested.

Wait until this all comes out.

I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Or maybe he's an activist who simply wanted to engender thoughtful public discourse for the impending election season. Like what's happening in this thread.

On the other hand, he could've had his heart set on hijacking the plane to Cuba. It's been a long time since one of those happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back