PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Suspension Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
41V3abq-c%2BL._SX342_.jpg

Hmmmm, a self tapping screw. Interesting choice, all kinds of potential subconscious or subliminal messages that might entail. How Freudian.
On the other hand...

1cdkjw.jpg

Sans Edleman the Pats' receivers remind me of some of the old school first person shooter games where you find yourself without any super-duper guns (except for the Gronk grenade launcher), but instead have a cache of limited weapons with specific complimentary strengths. If you strategically coordinate and maximize their strengths you can do some real damage, but have a small margin of error.

McDaniels ffound a way to win a SB without GRONK. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt here.

Again, there’s nothing abnormal about this in testing. Often drug designers are making things that are designed to beat tests. An independent tester was involved and a clean person doesn’t piss hot. Maybe Jules had a tainted supplement. But its always on the athlete to not take anything iffy.

From what I heard, Edelman was suspended because his unknown substance had a similar genetic makeup to a banned substance. This is all Twitter gossip, so I don't know how true it is, but that's what I've heard.
Considering the fact that Jules reportedly didn't bring up the "unknown substance" thing, I gotta believe he probably did something he shouldn't have. Whatever, it is what it is. Gives him extra time to rest, and probably pisses him off. Hopefully he get a 2016 repeat

yeah..heard this BS before.."the phone!!! what about Brady's phone!!!"...jeezus..the "league" comes up with a way to damage the Patriots to start off a new season using "uh, maybe evidence!", hides behind "we can't reveal anything because we're the league! Article 46!", drops the suspension on the eve of a holiday so they can test the feedback...and you sheeple believe Edelman shouldn't have done "something" that has yet to be shown to be ANYTHING in tangible quantifiable terms. Unreal obliviousness.

The nfl is saying the banned substances are made up of atoms. Whatever Edelman took has atoms in it, ergo, it’s similar, so obviously it’s a four gamer. No bucking appeal freak!

This is stupid

In an effort to handicap the rest of the NFL East Field, Goodell suspends Edelman so everyone else can get a "participation trophy"..

The nfl is saying the banned substances are made up of atoms. Whatever Edelman took has atoms in it, ergo, it’s similar, so obviously it’s a four gamer. No bucking appeal freak!

This is stupid

The appeal and drug testing are handled by an independent mutually agreed upon board. Whatever the reason, they felt it was on the up and up. This doesn’t have the NFL office's taint.

There are provisions for calling a test positive if certain other components are elevated. My guess is that’s what happened. It’s all specified in the agreed upon drug testing policy as are the penalties.

It's all spelled out here: https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Agents/2016PESPolicy_v2.PDF

Yeah, there aren't many substance policy violations that get overturned on appeal. Unlike with personal conduct discipline, the NFL isn't willy-nilly doling out suspensions. There are third-parties involved and the union has rights to strike ones they don't like. The NFL does play with a bit of home-field advantage in appeals since the arbitrator is adjusting or vacating a suspension from a number imposed by the NFL, but that's true of all appeal processes. There's also a bit of mutual intent on this policy, since the union in theory doesn't want an "arms race" of highly questionable chemicals among players for health and safety reasons, too.

In the big scheme of things this might end up working to the Pats' and Jules favor to some degree. He has now an additional month to built up after his ACL and can pace accordingly. The team gets one more slot to carry a player through the crazy cut season.

Of course it will cost him money and we will need to get through those 4 games but if we were able to get one OL breakdown/D stop away from a SB title without him I am confident we will manage the first four games this year.

The Edelman 4-game suspension won’t be as big a deal as some may think. It’s already a proven fact (no slight against Jules). Whether Brady gets the ball out quickly, or has to hold onto the ball for an extended amount of time he’s still highly effective.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as an independent anything. The NFL has a contracts with everyone.. And if you want to play with the NFL you do what they want

He took PEDs. He got caught. He misses 4 games. Life goes on and the GOATs will lead us to another SB.

I dislike it though because Winston gets fewer games for a thing which seems worse to me than a p.e.d thing

If he really did deliberately take something he shouldn't have... I'm sure it was to recover quicker and easier and he probably figured a 4 game suspension was a small price to pay to take something that ensures the injury and pain isn't something chronic that lasts all season.

I'm sure that was Peyton's thinking too but...well you know.

Last edited:
Going to suck not having him for the Texans and Jags games, with those ferocious defensive lines where that ball needs to come out fast

I dislike it though because Winston gets fewer games for a thing which seems worse to me than a p.e.d thing

One of the two was a agreed upon suspension length between NFL and NFLPA and the other was not. As much as I agree that the scale is totally off when it comes to causes of suspensions those two events just can't be compared.

He took PEDs. He got caught. He misses 4 games. Life goes on and the GOATs will lead us to another SB.
September games are typically shootouts so I'm hoping BB and his untitled DC incorporate some elevated D scheme earlier in their campaign this go around. NE will score plenty of points in September with or without Edeljunkie. The question always seems to be if their D can slow down early season offenses.

There is no such thing as an independent anything. The NFL has a contracts with everyone.. And if you want to play with the NFL you do what they want

Both the NFL and the NFLPA agreed to the independent testing It is paid for jointly by the NFL and NFLPA

2.1 Independent Administrator The Policy is conducted under the auspices of the NFL Management Council. It will be directed by the Independent Administrator on Performance-Enhancing Substances (“Independent Administrator”), a person or entity to be jointly selected by the Parties and for whose compensation (salary) the Parties shall have equal responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST