PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Suspension Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall the mishandling of samples being reported before. That's how Sherman got out of his suspension.

Well if true he could be exonerated or the very least two games. :cool:

Last edited:
I'm sure it will go well for Edlemen when he makes his appeal to the NFL arbiter for Roger's suspension.

Then again, that's probably why Edleman's team is talking about taking the case to Federal level . Let's see if they can beat the NFL's team to the appellate court.

Florio in implying that the reason for failure is that the examiners "did not recognize" the substance ergo it must be bad... as well as handling the sample ( chain of custody issues??)...

There are also implications that Edelman might make a really, really big deal about this and pursue it legally if he loses..

Florio in implying that the reason for failure is that the examiners "did not recognize" the substance ergo it must be bad... as well as handling the sample ( chain of custody issues??)...

There are also implications that Edelman might make a really, really big deal about this and pursue it legally if he loses..
Generally I'm pretty cynical ( no shock to those who read my posts) and pretty much feel it's a done deal in Roger's kangaroo court that the appeal is just a formality and regardless of the evidence, he's suspended for 4 games...Article 46 and all
However, the PED rules are different and codified in the CBA or IIRC in an agreement between the NFLPA and the league leading to a requirement of real due process, not the Commissioner's version. So if Edelman can show that there lapses in chain of custody or the "unknown substance" is just unknown... he may have a chance, but it also depends on the language of the agreement between league and NFLPA regarding " unknown substances"... We'll see,,,,,

Questions:
1. Do we have any resident scientists here?
2. Does this "unknown substance" simply mean there was a spike in the chart that can't be attributed to any particular chemical they tested for, but that something was resident in Edelman's blood that isn't normal for humans to have?
3. And if so, could the unknown substance be something that's not illegal?
4. And if so, wouldn't this circumstance already have been experienced and adjudicated by the NFL process, given that thousands of these tests have been done by now?

Questions:
1. Do we have any resident scientists here?
2. Does this "unknown substance" simply mean there was a spike in the chart that can't be attributed to any particular chemical they tested for, but that something was resident in Edelman's blood that isn't normal for humans to have?
4. And if so, wouldn't this circumstance already have been experienced and adjudicated by the NFL process, given that thousands of these tests have been done by now?
@Palm Beach Pats Fan might be able to shed some light.

This might be one of those cases where it's better to take the punishment.
The NFL and Goodell probably don't like to be embarassed or made to look like the idiots they are.
On the other had Edleman has a reputation to protect and may not want it tarnished by something the NFL has no clue as to what spiked the reading.

I can see why The Squirrel is fighting this. He has not had a huge payday career. His career is in its twilight. Losing 25% of your biggest paycheck ever IS a Big Deal, especially if there are not decades more salary to follow.
Then, there's the legacy issue. His clutch SB performances will be tarnished in the eyes of ~NEP fans as a result.

So should I be prepared for him to serve the suspension in 2019?

I can see why The Squirrel is fighting this. He has not had a huge payday career. His career is in its twilight. Losing 25% of your biggest paycheck ever IS a Big Deal, especially if there are not decades more salary to follow.
Then, there's the legacy issue. His clutch SB performances will be tarnished in the eyes of ~NEP fans as a result.
Considering a vast majority of the players are consuming some level of something so they can perform and stay on the field and the NFL is as crooked and hypocritical as they come, in my estimation this doesn't tarnish anything Jules might have done.

This shouldn’t have anything to do with Goodell. I believe the whole PED process is third party.

This shouldn’t have anything to do with Goodell. I believe the whole PED process is third party.
But you aren’t thinking like the NFL. If Edelman’s suspension gets overturned then the league will have to create something else to punish the patriots for.
If Edelman doesn’t miss 4 games it’s going to cost us at least 1 draft pick.
It’s just up to goodell and his minions to create a violation.

Most likely, yes. A chromatogram such as below would have been generated. The people evaluating the data would try to identify what each peak corresponds to. Probably, a significant peak did not match any known substance.

F2.large.jpg

Yes, it could be. They also might suspect that it is a close family member of a known drug that is illegal, based upon where it appears in the spectrum above and based upon its molecular weight (the material is shunted to a mass spectrometer as each peak comes off the column.

Yes, One would think that it would be extremely odd that Jules would have a substance in his blood or urine that had never shown up for any other player.

But you aren’t thinking like the NFL. If Edelman’s suspension gets overturned then the league will have to create something else to punish the patriots for.
If Edelman doesn’t miss 4 games it’s going to cost us at least 1 draft pick.
It’s just up to goodell and his minions to create a violation.
Gooell is getting wise to the Patriots tricks I predict the next punishment wont include loss of draft picks at all but having to wait a week before signing or communicating with UDFA.
This is what will really hurt us.
If JC Jackson Harris or Webb make the roster this will be the end result.
Id almost rather he take a second rounder away.

Gooell is getting wise to the Patriots tricks I predict the next punishment wont include loss of draft picks at all but having to wait a week before signing or communicating with UDFA.
This is what will really hurt us.
If JC Jackson Harris or Webb make the roster this will be the end result.
Id almost rather he take a second rounder away.
This was tounge and cheek how can you disagree with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back