PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Suspension Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that you cling to rule after rule to defend 4 game punishments for Edelman, defend a 1 game light punishment for Brown but then when a harsher punisment for Winston is levied which was allowed by a rule, you run away from that rule. Please don't say " but the rule, the rule, the rule" to make your cases for the punishments you feel or just and then complain about "the rule" when you disagree with the punishments.
When did I ever defend Brown punishment? It was a total joke.

The league needs to have a PED policy to keep the playing field even. It is a fair and consistently applied policy. Why would it suddenly not be fair because it’s edelman?

On the other hand the league simply should not be in the business of investigating off field incidents as if they were law enforcement. It fails miserably every time they do it. There are many examples.
The league is only doing as a strange attempt to prove it doesn’t agree with domestic violence, and crime. Suspending Winston (for example) 3 games or 3 years accomplishes nothing. The league isn’t better because if it. The league doesn’t condone crime if it has a policy of discipline for convicted criminals.
The league or more appropriately the teams can choose to terminate a player who is convicted or charged with something vile, as the patriots did with Aaron Hernandez and before that Christian Peter, Brandon spikes and Kenyatta jones to name a few.

Goodell had nothing to do with a decision by the league? That's news to him. This intractable decision has his paw prints all over it.
There's very little he can do. The CBA negotiated the 4 game suspension for this. They have an independent testing company. They aren't going to flag him for no reason.

I'm sorry but as someone who watches alot of boxing and UFC this **** happens all the times. I've seen dozens of guys get popped the same way Edelman did and then have the same excuse Edelman did. You don't piss hot for no reason.

There's very little he can do. The CBA negotiated the 4 game suspension for this. They have an independent testing company. They aren't going to flag him for no reason.

I'm sorry but as someone who watches alot of boxing and UFC this **** happens all the times. I've seen dozens of guys get popped the same way Edelman did and then have the same excuse Edelman did. You don't piss hot for no reason.

WTF is wrong with you..."little he can do??????????????????????????????"...how long have you been following the NFL....15 phuckin' minutes?

Many will say to let deflategate/the persecution compelex go, but that torch will he burning for the remainder of my days. Beating a dead horse is sometimes justified

It's more than justified when this cretin spent TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS to get a final judgement that he can say whatever the hell he wants, decide whatever the hell he wants and DO whatever the hell he wants...and NO ONE IN THIS COUNTRY can stop him.

WTF is wrong with you..."little he can do??????????????????????????????"...how long have you been following the NFL....15 phuckin' minutes?
This is finely negotiated policy. Nothing happened here that you don’t see in other sports with real steroid testing

Now Edelman used steroids? Ban this obvious troll.

It's fascinating to me, the number of people who seem to think it UNFATHOMABLE that a 32 year old receiver coming off an ACL tear might use something that (I would wager) 99% of people in his situation would take to help extend their career after said injury.

Tom Brady getting popped 4 games for deflating balls that were never actually deflated is grounds for conspiracy theories and pitchforks. I'm 100% with you on that.

This situation though? I don't see any reason to think there's anything shady happening. Edelman was something like the 17th guy to get suspended for this this offseason. It happens, it sucks, there are silver linings (health, freshness at the end of the season), and we'll have to weather an early season storm. That's football.

Oooohhh. Tell us more. Was it Red Bull?
You are suggesting he failed a PED test and only appealed the paperwork because he didn’t take a banned substance?

It's fascinating to me, the number of people who seem to think it UNFATHOMABLE that a 32 year old receiver coming off an ACL tear might use something that (I would wager) 99% of people in his situation would take to help extend their career after said injury.

Tom Brady getting popped 4 games for deflating balls that were never actually deflated is grounds for conspiracy theories and pitchforks. I'm 100% with you on that.

This situation though? I don't see any reason to think there's anything shady happening. Edelman was something like the 17th guy to get suspended for this this offseason. It happens, it sucks, there are silver linings (health, freshness at the end of the season), and we'll have to weather an early season storm. That's football.
I dont remember this amount of whining when mink got busted.

It's more than justified when this cretin spent TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS to get a final judgement that he can say whatever the hell he wants, decide whatever the hell he wants and DO whatever the hell he wants...and NO ONE IN THIS COUNTRY can stop him.

That’s not what the decision said. Goodell only has a free hand in things that were not specifically addressed in the CBA. The CBA has a specific section on PED use and substance abuse and penalties for those and Goodell is bound by it. That’s why mutually-chosen, independent testing labs are used and why Goodell is not able to hand down penalties of his choosing on PED and substance abuse stuff.

Edelman gets flagged by an independent tester for a substance that showed up as dirty. As per the CBA that the union negotiated for he gets suspended the agreed upon number of games. Edelman uses the same excuse about a hundred other athletes have used “they can’t tell me what it was, the chain of custody was messed up”. Like everyone else it doesn’t work.

Over here: OMGZ THERE IS A WITCH HUNT AHHHH

It’s beyond pathetic. Again you don’t piss hot for no reason. Maybe he had a supplement with something in it, but per the AGREED ON rules the CBA negotiated, the players are responsible for what they put in their body.

If they flagged him it’s because both samples tested positive. It being unidentified isn’t some new phenomenon.

You are suggesting he failed a PED test and only appealed the paperwork because he didn’t take a banned substance?

No, I am poking fun at the idea that anything "performance enhancing" is banned.

I dont remember this amount of whining when mink got busted.

Did that happen pre or post deflategate? My timeline is all kerfuffled.

DG has definitely given some folks some PTSD when it comes to the league.

Edelman gets flagged by an independent tester for a substance that showed up as dirty. As per the CBA that the union negotiated for he gets suspended the agreed upon number of games. Edelman uses the same excuse about a hundred other athletes have used “they can’t tell me what it was, the chain of custody was messed up”. Like everyone else it doesn’t work.

Over here: OMGZ THERE IS A WITCH HUNT AHHHH

It’s beyond pathetic. Again you don’t piss hot for no reason. Maybe he had a supplement with something in it, but per the AGREED ON rules the CBA negotiated, the players are responsible for what they put in their body.

If they flagged him it’s because both samples tested positive. It being unidentified isn’t some new phenomenon.

I won't go so far as to say pathetic. I prefer fascinating. It intrigues me from a human standpoint.

I won't go so far as to say pathetic. I prefer fascinating. It intrigues me from a human standpoint.
It’s basically the equivalent of all those people that say the game is rigged when the Pats win and get a good call.

Did that happen pre or post deflategate? My timeline is all kerfuffled.

DG has definitely given some folks some PTSD when it comes to the league.
I think it was during. He served the same 4 games as Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft