PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
You, Kontra, and a 3rd poster have suggested this. I am starting to think it could happen.
No I think he will practice in camp. If he gets reinjured then it’s IR or cut.

I'd prefer that folks would follow the rules, but I'm not going to judge a player for taking banned substance for the purpose of getting better quicker/faster.

Agreed. What SHOULD be allowed are substances that help players heal faster/better from injury. What should NOT be allowed are steroids, etc. that bulk players up artificially.

TBH that's always been my feeling about HGH therapy when recovering from injury. Since it's about getting something back rather than getting an advantage. That said, if you use it and get caught with your hand in the cookie jar own it like Rodney rather than hanging it on your pregnant wife.

Why would you not put him on PUP-DFR?
What’s the point of keeping him around?
That would mean that he isn’t healthy enough to even practice before the end of August.

4 extra weeks to further evaluate at least one of Britt, Dorsett, Matthews, Patterson, McCarron & Barrio.

You, Kontra, and a 3rd poster have suggested this. I am starting to think it could happen.
If I’m the anonymous 3rd poster (I’d wear a Hamburgler mask), then it’s not because I’m meaning to be pessimistic. I just think they’ve been patient with him already, and this would be year 3 of his chronic knee issues.

I guess I’m just concerned with his ability to stay healthy, that’s all. It may be hard to depend on him for the entire season, although he could be effective with the first 6 or so games off, I suppose.

This was the first thought I had when I saw this story. The recovery has not gone they way he had hoped.
I think if anything, his recovery has gone better than anyone expected—of course, according to the news last night, he may have been aided by some type of substance on the banned list to speed things up.

It’s only been like, 9 months since he became injured. The fact that he’s out there taking part in OTAs is impressive in itself.

That’s a really bad article. It was here, on the radio, and at least hinted at on Twitter before the Reddit guy chimed in.
It was here on the forum?

I saw it on reddit in the middle of the night. When did it make its way to the radio, Twitter, etc? I definitely didn’t see anything on the forum b/c I considered starting a thread, but didn’t want to pass bad info.

1. HGH promotes healing, not 'Roids.

2. The NFL does urine tests, HGH is not detectable in urine yet, at least reliably.

3. There have been positive tests from various nutritional supplements because the manufactures labeling is not reliable.

4. Even prescription drugs that are prescribed according to need may exceed the limits - think Brandon Spikes with Aderall.

5. Eating meats laced with hormones have caused innocent positive tests.

Let's get the facts before convicting.

I know Edelman is this forums god child...but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in him for not being more responsible at this stage in his adult life.

Is that because you have inside information, or because you have no idea how this stuff works? If it's the former, please share. If it's the latter, you should have listened to Ninkovich on WEEI this afternoon.

It was here on the forum?

I saw it on reddit in the middle of the night. When did it make its way to the radio, Twitter, etc? I definitely didn’t see anything on the forum b/c I considered starting a thread, but didn’t want to pass bad info.
Looks like maust got the forum link for you. A caller mentioned it on Zo and Bertrand yesterday (so sometime between 10 and 2), and I see a few Twitter posts about 21 hours ago that mentioned it.

What’s the point of keeping him around?
That would mean that he isn’t healthy enough to even practice before the end of August.
If he knee is degenerative then cut him.

If he needs more healing time like D Lew did in 2016 then PUP him

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back