PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mitchell can’t attend a single camp practice and is eligible for pup then he needs to just be cut.
You, Kontra, and a 3rd poster have suggested this. I am starting to think it could happen.

I know Edelman is this forums god child...but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in him for not being more responsible at this stage in his adult life.
I think he did it on purpose because if he didn't his career would be over.

To take PEDs was worth it to him.

Forehead had the same logic

This was the first thought I had when I saw this story. The recovery has not gone they way he had hoped.

Maybe I'm jaded but I don't fault him or any football player for taking PEDs to get back on the field. I am mildly pissed though that he wasn't diligent enough to cover his tracks.

You, Kontra, and a 3rd poster have suggested this. I am starting to think it could happen.
I was in the camp of him getting cut as well. I think he's done. With advances in medicine, too much time has passed for him to be hobbling around with a tapped knee. He should be a full go at this point.

Still a good pick for that SB performance even if he does get cut.
I agree. Without him they probably lose.

If he did it on purpose why is he appealing it?

Own up to it and move on

Why would Edelman appeal if he blantely did it? PR...?

Maybe I'm jaded but I don't fault him or any football player for taking PEDs to get back on the field. I am mildly pissed though that he wasn't diligent enough to cover his tracks.

So it's ok to cheat?

You think it's utterly bizarre that anyone would have questions when the guy has peddled quack cures, concussion water, billed himself as a doctor when he isn't, and now has suddenly morphed into a nutrition and workout guru might possibly be involved in something ELSE that's sketchy?
You just repeated what I said . Except you think it's perfectly fine to make the leap from someone who makes misleading/false claims, to supplying illegal PEDs to athletes.

It's almost as if people like you want Guerrero to be a massive PED dealing scumbag. It's absolutely bizarre.

If true, lets hope it works out like somebody else we know who started out with a 4 Gamer.

So it's ok to cheat?

I'd prefer that folks follow the rules, but I'm not going to judge a player for taking a banned substance for the purpose of getting better quicker/faster.

Last edited:
I'm not going to judge a player for taking banned substance for the purpose of getting better quicker/faster.
Agreed. What SHOULD be allowed are substances that help players heal faster/better from injury. What should NOT be allowed are steroids, etc. that bulk players up artificially.

Comments:

a.) I'd like to find out exactly what triggered a positive test. My best guess is that it was a substance not on the NFL's approved list that was in something he took.

b.) As much as I love Edelman and think we need him for the first 4 weeks: HOU, @JAX, @DET, and MIA....ain't no walk in the part....BUT this will allow us 4 extra weeks to evaluate our #6 WR...meaning we could carry 7 guys counting Slater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back