PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also gives Berrios and Matthews more time with Brady. Really not worried about it, nor am I worried about moronic haters tweeting Cheatriots again. No other team gets caught for PEDs

This will get the same reaction, now and in the future, as Antonio Gates' PED suspension. Or the complete opposite of that.

This sucks. I hope Berrios grows up quickly because Brady is going to need an outlet for quick dump off on the slants and crossing patterns that Edelman (and Amendola) does (did) so well. On the plus side, given the moves made along the OL, hopefully the hits that Brady absorbs won't increase.

Prescription meds???

IMO, they all do it. It's rampant. Maybe I am jaded, but that's what I think. There's a reason they take this stuff... it works.

nothing-to-see-here-gif-1.gif

Last edited:
Pending the appeal it is what it is.

Good job Edelman...as if I don't hear the "Patriots are cheaters" crap enough.

Unbelievable. Just remember this is big news because it is a Patriot. No one would give a damn if it was anyone else.

The only thing is that his injury happened before last season started. When Welker had the same injury during the last game of the season he was out there at the start of training camp, IIRC.
So if Jules actually did take PED's due to injury then it really wasn't worth the risk.
Too early to tell. I want more details as to what substance in specific he’s being suspended for. Could even be a situation where it was a substance he took that wasn’t even intended for recovery purposes.

Good job Edelman...as if I don't hear the "Patriots are cheaters" crap enough.

Unbelievable. Just remember this is big news because it is a Patriot. No one would give a damn if it was anyone else.
Mark Ingram got 4 games earlier this offseason... crickets.

It’s not only that, but the fact that it was someone that’s as big of a part of our championship runs as Edelman has been.

Even when Nink got suspended it wasn’t as big of a deal to people.

Julian Edelman Facing 4-Game Suspension For PEDs

Steve Balestrieri

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, ESPN’s Field Yates has reported.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I blame Rodney Harrison

So how many people freaking out about Manning are going to let this slide as not a big deal?
Not relevant. There's hardly any information regarding what triggered Edelman's positive test. We know for sure that Manning is linked to HGH.

As for Edelman and several other guys around the league (ex. Thomas Davis), it's very possible that these occur due to the poorly regulated supplement & vitamin industry. Some prohibited substances may be sneaking their way in. Of course, it's also possible that he knowingly took something illegal.

It may or may not be connected to Guerrero, but I've always thought that being hooked up with a guy with his extremely sketchy past was a great way to paint a giant target on your back with respect to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes