PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t blame him. Don’t care for the guy but he’s gotta protect his brand.
So does that mean Brady should do it too? After all, gotta protect TB12!

Last edited by a moderator:
So does that mean Brady should do it too? After all, gotta protect TB12!
Why would it be wrong for Brady to say tb12 training methods do not include peds?

Braxton Berrios takes his role like Jimmy G's role on the offense when Brady had the suspension - if Berrios plays 1/2 as good as Jimmy G did as a temp. then
this guy will be a great pickup

I don’t blame him. Don’t care for the guy but he’s gotta protect his brand.

I can't ever recall a trainer coming out with a statement like this, particularly even before the athlete makes a statement. Not a good look for Guerrero, in my opinion. Don’t make it about yourself and don’t suggest that Edelman is guilty before he defends himself publically.

Let Edelman comment first, then just write something like. “TB12 holistic blah, blah, blah....I have never recommended an illegal substance to Julian nor do I have any knowledge of him using or even considering an illegal substance at any point. This news came as a shock to me but I fully support Julian as both a client and a friend. I look forward to working with him again in the future."

Brady PR machine hard at work. Legal concussion water and holistic snake oil for cancer patients.

Braxton Berrios takes his role like Jimmy G's role on the offense when Brady had the suspension - if Berrios plays 1/2 as good as Jimmy G did as a temp. then
this guy will be a great pickup

*1/2 as well

I can't ever recall a trainer coming out with a statement like this, particularly even before the athlete makes a statement. Not a good look for Guerrero, in my opinion. Don’t make it about yourself and don’t suggest that Edelman is guilty before he defends himself publically.

Guerrero and TB12 were already being attacked in the media. A statement had to be made, and it needed to be a defense of "yourself". If you want to look for someone to blame, blame the asshats who blew the confidentiality of the test and appeal.

First and foremost, I feel bad for Edelman, however this test turned up positive. He's one of the most inspirational Patriots we've had the fortune to watch and root for over the years. Jules is courageous and never gives up. 28-3 never happens without him.

Second, I'm in the camp with those who see this as a good thing to preserve his body for the second half of the season. Circle the Colts @Patriots week 5.

Very stupid, but not surprising. I hope he just comes clean with it and doesn’t make up some crazy bull **** story. That would knock him down a peg for me.

“Football means a lot to me and tearing my ACL and missing a season was incredibly painful. I did what I could to come back as quickly as possible to enjoy the game I love. I knowingly took HGH, accept the punishment being issued by the league, and look forward to playing with the New England Patriots again in week 5.”

I’d be good with something like that. Hell, if you read this Jules, it’s all yours. See ya in week 5.

Very stupid, but not surprising. I hope he just comes clean with it and doesn’t make up some crazy bull **** story. That would knock him down a peg for me.

“Football means a lot to me and tearing my ACL and missing a season was incredibly painful. I did what I could to come back as quickly as possible to enjoy the game I love. I knowingly took HGH, accept the punishment being issued by the league, and look forward to playing with the New England Patriots again in week 5.”

I’d be good with something like that. Hell, if you read this Jules, it’s all yours. See ya in week 5.

Does everyone here think it was HGH? Seems to be the consensus. That hasn't been reported yet has it?

Does everyone here think it was HGH? Seems to be the consensus. That hasn't been reported yet has it?
I haven’t seen it reported. It’s just what I’m assuming. Makes complete sense and not at all surprising. It doesn’t really bother me when I find out guys do it. Used to, but not anymore. I’m more bothered now with the ******** stories players come up with, and all the apologies they throw out there. All I can think is **** man. You ain’t sorry that you did it, or that you let people down. You’re sorry your ass got caught! I could be completely wrong about him taking HGH. I’ll admit that right now. Maybe I’m just getting more cynical with age, I don’t know.

I haven’t seen it reported. It’s just what I’m assuming. Makes complete sense and not at all surprising. It doesn’t really bother me when I find out guys do it. Used to, but not anymore. I’m more bothered now with the ******** stories players come up with, and all the apologies they throw out there. All I can think is **** man. You ain’t sorry that you did it, or that you let people down. You’re sorry your ass got caught! I could be completely wrong about him taking HGH. I’ll admit that right now. Maybe I’m just getting more cynical with age, I don’t know.

No I wouldn't be surprised either, just wondering if it was reported yet and I missed it.

Agree with what you wrote, there's a reason they call that team "Seadderall".

The cheating label is never going to leave this team.

The cheating label is never going to leave this team.

which is exactly WHY I have been going beserk about Fraudell since 2006. The goddamned submoron on EEI at 12pm kept bringing up the gates and kept stating as FACT that Brady deflated footballs. I personally want to ****ing punch this idiot in his face until he is unconscious. Get this straight., Article 46. PERIOD. Every damn thing that has been affixed to the Patriots franchise since 2006 has been willingly endorsed/organized/implemented by Roger Stokoe Goodell the biggest piece of human excrement and the most blatant example of ugly Americanism in the history of our country.

There is a huge upside to this. Edelman will get 4 games off, which will be huge for helping him stay healthy, and the patriots will have 4 weeks to keep another wr on the field. Huge opportunity for somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents