PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braxton Berrios takes his role like Jimmy G's role on the offense when Brady had the suspension - if Berrios plays 1/2 as good as Jimmy G did as a temp. then
this guy will be a great pickup
Berrios is a long way from stepping in as the #1 wr. At this point making the team or practice squad is the goal.

Guerrero and TB12 were already being attacked in the media. A statement had to be made, and it needed to be a defense of "yourself". If you want to look for someone to blame, blame the asshats who blew the confidentiality of the test and appeal.

Here is a news flash: Just like critics of the Pats in the media and the public who are anti-Patriot no matter what, Guerrero’s statement will do nothing to quiet the TB12 critics. In my opinion, the wording of the statement definitely sounds as though Guerrero and Edelman’s good friend Brady are throwing Jules under the bus before he had a chance to publicly defend himself.

I don’t have a problem with Guerrero defending his methods/business, but I do take issue with the wording and the timing of the statement, unless Edelman signed off on both. The statement could have been worded in defense of TB12 methods without also intimating the guilt of a client (and friend) who is in the process of defending himself via appeal. For instance, use “shocked” or “surprised” rather than “disappointed” (ie. disappointed that Edelman would do this). I have a lot of “defend Brady no matter what” friends who all feel as though this was a bad look for not only Guerrero but also Brady.

Here is a news flash: Just like critics of the Pats in the media and the public who are anti-Patriot no matter what, Guerrero’s statement will do nothing to quiet the TB12 critics. In my opinion, the wording of the statement definitely sounds as though Guerrero and Edelman’s good friend Brady are throwing Jules under the bus before he had a chance to publicly defend himself.

I don’t have a problem with Guerrero defending his methods/business, but I do take issue with the wording and the timing of the statement, unless Edelman signed off on both. The statement could have been worded in defense of TB12 methods without also intimating the guilt of a client (and friend) who is in the process of defending himself via appeal. For instance, use “shocked” or “surprised” rather than “disappointed” (ie. disappointed that Edelman would do this). I have a lot of “defend Brady no matter what” friends who all feel as though this was a bad look for not only Guerrero but also Brady.
I would surmise you have no idea what if anything went on between all the parties you mentioned. Given that Edelman found out about the test fail 6 weeks ago, I imagine that all of it was discussed especially between Edelman and Brady. And since they’ve had throwing workouts and Edelman was at Brady’s Best Buddies event a few weeks ago, guessing their relationship the way you have and any public response is ignorant at best.

I see it the same way. Jules got pinched. Tom told Jules he needs to defend the brand, Jules said do what you need to and went along like a good soldier and Mr. Holistic Healer put out the presser.

I swear if Guerrero had never met Tom he'd be working at Massage Envy.

Murray on EEI has the theory it was BB who leaked the test results as hes completely trying to undermine TB12 Method

I would surmise you have no idea what if anything went on between all the parties you mentioned. Given that Edelman found out about the test fail 6 weeks ago, I imagine that all of it was discussed especially between Edelman and Brady. And since they’ve had throwing workouts and Edelman was at Brady’s Best Buddies event a few weeks ago, guessing their relationship the way you have and any public response is ignorant at best.

The way that some posters on this site take any criticism about Brady so personally is hilarious. Unfortunately for him, some of those defenders are not very bright (not naming any names). The fact that you have to “imagine” what has been occurring behind the scenes is an admission that you are just as ignorant as anyone else here, with the possible exception of Field Yates, about the real story, including whether Edelman was aware of the content of the statement or the timing of its release. If you have some type of inside information, please let us know.

As I mentioned in my post, if Edelman was accepting of the content of the statement as well as the timing, that would certainly change my opinion. If not, it is my opinion that this was kind of a **** move by Guerrero/Brady that could’ve been handled differently while still adequately defending the TB12 center and its methods.

Here is a news flash: Just like critics of the Pats in the media and the public who are anti-Patriot no matter what, Guerrero’s statement will do nothing to quiet the TB12 critics.

It already has quieted the critics.

In my opinion, the wording of the statement definitely sounds as though Guerrero and Edelman’s good friend Brady are throwing Jules under the bus before he had a chance to publicly defend himself.

According to reports, including from Saint Schefter himself, Edelman has known about this for weeks. That means that Tom and Guerrero probably knew about it, too. It also means that Edelman had to know that Guerrero would have to make a statement, and he would almost certainly have been prepared for it.

Also according to reports, including from Saint Schefter himself, Edelman hadn't been working with Guerrero much in the offseason, which makes the statement even more understandable.

But you be you, and come to your own conclusions.

The way that some posters on this site take any criticism about Brady so personally is hilarious. Unfortunately for him, some of those defenders are not very bright (not naming any names). The fact that you have to “imagine” what has been occurring behind the scenes is an admission that you are just as ignorant as anyone else here, with the possible exception of Field Yates, about the real story, including whether Edelman was aware of the content of the statement or the timing of its release. If you have some type of inside information, please let us know.

As I mentioned in my post, if Edelman was accepting of the content of the statement as well as the timing, that would certainly change my opinion. If not, it is my opinion that this was kind of a **** move by Guerrero/Brady that could’ve been handled differently while still adequately defending the TB12 center and its methods.
Edelman failed the test. He gets what’s coming to him and I’m fairly certain he’s aware of the penalties. Everything else is soap opera. If that’s what you like, enjoy.

I, too, am disappointed that Guerrero used "disappointed" but it may actually be revealing, given that Edelman and Brady have undoubtedly been talking about this for weeks.

I see it the same way. Jules got pinched. Tom told Jules he needs to defend the brand, Jules said do what you need to and went along like a good soldier and Mr. Holistic Healer put out the presser.

I swear if Guerrero had never met Tom he'd be working at Massage Envy.

Murray on EEI has the theory it was BB who leaked the test results as hes completely trying to undermine TB12 Method
What would Belichick accomplish by leaking the test results one day before they are public. Stupid comment.

So if it is HGH, how did he get caught?

1. HGH promotes healing, not 'Roids.

2. The NFL does urine tests, HGH is not detectable in urine yet, at least reliably.

3. There have been positive tests from various nutritional supplements because the manufactures labeling is not reliable.

4. Even prescription drugs that are prescribed according to need may exceed the limits - think Brandon Spikes with Aderall.

5. Eating meats laced with hormones have caused innocent positive tests.

Let's get the facts before convicting.

Does everyone here think it was HGH? Seems to be the consensus. That hasn't been reported yet has it?

Edelman failed the test. He gets what’s coming to him and I’m fairly certain he’s aware of the penalties. Everything else is soap opera. If that’s what you like, enjoy.

I, too, am disappointed that Guerrero used "disappointed" but it may actually be revealing, given that Edelman and Brady have undoubtedly been talking about this for weeks.
He should be disappointed. You people are talking like Edelman did nothing. He told PEDs. Everyone knows he uses Guerrero. Of course Guerrero has to get out there and say it wasn’t him because the media would certainly implicate him.
This board doesn’t live in the real world.

It already has quieted the critics.

According to reports, including from Saint Schefter himself, Edelman has known about this for weeks. That means that Tom and Guerrero probably knew about it, too. It also means that Edelman had to know that Guerrero would have to make a statement, and he would almost certainly have been prepared for it.

1. Please submit your evidence that the statement has quieted his critics.

2. So you don’t really know either. Got it.

I've always been of the opinion that a lot more players are using HGH (if that's indeed what Edelman has been popped for), than we ever get word of. It seems relatively easy to get away with it. Won't stop the critics from hanging the cheater label on us again, but hey, if you're not used to that by now I don't know what to tell you.

As for Edelman, think of it this way: You're 32(?), coming off a major injury that, if it doesn't heal 100%, greatly impacts your bread and butter, aka the ability to cut at superhuman speeds. He needs to not only get that healed in time to be physically ready for camp, but early enough to get over the mental hurdle of, "If I make this cut, is my knee going to explode."

So you weigh the risk/reward: You take the HGH, you heal faster and you're ready. If you get away with it, bonus, and you're like a lot of other guys in the league. None of your peers are going to judge you for it (at least not earnestly), because they all know the realities of the situation in the NFL. Worst case? You get popped, you lose four games at the beginning of the season, but you're still 100% ready to go for the games that matter. I'm not sure how anyone without an agenda could reasonably blame Julian for making that choice.

What would Belichick accomplish by leaking the test results one day before they are public. Stupid comment.
Typical Murray moronic crap. BB has nothing to gain by doing such a thing. I almost drove off the road when he said that.

If BB had done that he'd lose Jules, Tom, Gronk and I'm sure several members of the team. Thats the part tattoo boy with the stupid hat doesn't think about.

1. Please submit your evidence that the statement has quieted his critics.

I watched television this morning, and listened to the radio this morning, and the comments were either non-existent or about how this was not a Guerrero thing, and giving the information about Edelman not training with TB12 much this offseason. And that includes Schefter dismissing the notion that this was a Guerrero thing.

2. So you don’t really know either. Got it.

Now you're just clowning yourself.

Edelman wasn't thrown under the bus. Your bias is showing big time.

Typical Murray moronic crap. BB has nothing to gain by doing such a thing. I almost drove off the road when he said that.

If BB had done that he'd lose Jules, Tom, Gronk and I'm sure several members of the team. Thats the part tattoo boy with the stupid hat doesn't think about.
These guys are desperate for there to be strife between Brady and B.B. Both continue to say there is none, nothing has happened to indicate there is any, yet everything that happens gets twisted into an assumption that it’s an example of it. Very unprofessional.

These guys are desperate for there to be strife between Brady and B.B. Both continue to say there is none, nothing has happened to indicate there is any, yet everything that happens gets twisted into an assumption that it’s an example of it. Very unprofessional.
It's the same idiotic camp that thinks BB was the deepthroat for the Wickersham article. Murray, Spazz and Felgdooch are throwing gas on the fire

These guys are the National Enquirer or Star Magazine for Boston sports.

And you can add the WEEI morning guys to the list of those defending Guerrero and saying that they don't think this failed test is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents