PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman dealing with tendon injury in knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall Gronk mostly got hurt on weird plays (broken wrist on PAT with rebreak weeks later on light hit) or dirty play (TJ Ward etc.) that had nothing to do with "Brady Lock".
Hes wrong.

The Earl Thomas hit was brutal which knocked him out in 2016 but I would not relate that to Tom excessively locking in on his targets.

He should be sitting out. Maybe for the rest of the regular season. If he’s done, this team’s done.
Next man up. They can do it! For the regular season anyway.

The concern will be the Bills not really fully respecting Edelman due to widespread knowledge of his “gruesome” injuries, where they might consider him something of a decoy and take other options away.

As I recall Gronk mostly got hurt on weird plays (broken wrist on PAT with rebreak weeks later on light hit) or dirty play (TJ Ward etc.) that had nothing to do with "Brady Lock".

Well, I am sorry, but I disagree.

I think that players, coaches ,etc, know about Brady's Brady Lock/Circle of Trust/true preferences as a QB snob. I mean, he's been doing this for a long time and even Brady has tendencies. I don't even think he realizes he's doing it.

Some of my favorite Brady games since 2007 have been the ones where hearkens back to 2001-2004 Weis Brady, where he hunkers down and plays a really nice, consistent, balanced game over 4 qtrs, and maybe leads the team to like 24 points or something. There a lot of those even in years where people thought the D sucked like in 2010 in particular when he won the MVP after BB got rid of cancerous Moss.

In fact, that's a perfect example of a period of bad Brady Lock. That's partially WHY BB dealt Moss. He saw it, too, so he divorced them.

It's just sad where Ds had no idea where the ball was going when Weis ran the offense here, and I've seen Ds completely bait Brady into subpar games over it.

You can't just assume #12 trots onto the field and he's great every week. Some Ds make him earn it and sometimes he's checked out where we've seen him just chuck it up and not care for INTs, etc.

Again, it's his offense. David Patten, David Givens, Branch, et, al were not better weapons than what he has now. It's embarrassing for anyone to proclaim that. Talent-wise, it's not close.

Edelman>Branch

Harry>whoever

Sanu (better career)>Givens

And, I am sorry, but this is hands down the best set and deepest set of RBs Brady has had. Antowain Smith and Faulk. Nice little combo, but it's not better than this.

And, the OL thing is bothersome, but Wynn is there. How do you go to 3 straight SBs with this OL and then all of them hit the wall at once with Scar here? It's the same talented group, save for Andrews, but I keep looking for this massive dropoff from Karras, and it's just not there.

Sorry, no sale.

The one consistent where this does happen is Brady and his bad habits/flaws. He's broken out of it before and he can do it again. I have no doubt.

Well, I am sorry, but I disagree.

I think that players, coaches ,etc, know about Brady's Brady Lock/Circle of Trust/true preferences as a QB snob. I mean, he's been doing this for a long time and even Brady has tendencies. I don't even think he realizes he's doing it.

Some of my favorite Brady games since 2007 have been the ones where hearkens back to 2001-2004 Weis Brady, where he hunkers down and plays a really nice, consistent, balanced game over 4 qtrs, and maybe leads the team to like 24 points or something. There a lot of those even in years where people thought the D sucked like in 2010 in particular when he won the MVP after BB got rid of cancerous Moss.

In fact, that's a perfect example of a period of bad Brady Lock. That's partially WHY BB dealt Moss. He saw it, too, so he divorced them.

It's just sad where Ds had no idea where the ball was going when Weis ran the offense here, and I've seen Ds completely bait Brady into subpar games over it.

You can't just assume #12 trots onto the field and he's great every week. Some Ds make him earn it and sometimes he's checked out where we've seen him just chuck it up and not care for INTs, etc.

Again, it's his offense. David Patten, David Givens, Branch, et, al were not better weapons than what he has now. It's embarrassing for anyone to proclaim that. Talent-wise, it's not close.

Edelman>Branch

Harry>whoever

Sanu (better career)>Givens

And, I am sorry, but this is hands down the best set and deepest set of RBs Brady has had. Antowain Smith and Faulk. Nice little combo, but it's not better than this.

And, the OL thing is bothersome, but Wynn is there. How do you go to 3 straight SBs with this OL and then all of them hit the wall at once with Scar here? It's the same talented group, save for Andrews, but I keep looking for this massive dropoff from Karras, and it's just not there.

Sorry, no sale.

The one consistent where this does happen is Brady and his bad habits/flaws. He's broken out of it before and he can do it again. I have no doubt.

I didn’t say that Brady doesn’t lock in on receivers. All I said was that Gronk’s injuries weren’t due to that. Epic post though.

I didn’t say that Brady doesn’t lock in on receivers. All I said was that Gronk’s injuries weren’t due to that. Epic post though.

Oh, I think so. Over-use and leaving balls out there in space for him to get teed up on.

In 2013, Brady didn't have good enough WRs, so when TJ Ward leaned in like a missile, it was due to Brady really only wanting to use Edelman and Gronk that year.

He is much, much better when he has no Brady Lock and the Ds can't tell what he's preferring to do on each part of the field. As great as Edelman and Gronk were in their primes, Moss/Welker, Gronk/Welker, etc, we've seen not only injuries to these guys, but the offense also stall over huge chunks of games, so it's like a double whammy for injury potential due to over-use and less balance.

When they pulled Gronk to do in-line blocking last year to run MORE and use him less in passing, he stayed healthy as best he could before retiring.

He was getting 3 treatments per day during the week. He was useless (or in the case of him getting flagged and negating Harry’s great long catch, less than useless) in the game.

I hope that bringing him to Cincy and not giving him time to rehab that patella tendon doesn’t bite them in the butt.

I didn’t post about the Brady elbow situation before the game (so @fnordcircle would be right in THIS instance) but they should have given Brady the week off also due to that elbow. They needed neither Brady nor Edelman in that game. I hope they didn’t win the easy battle just to lose the difficult war.
Damn bro, you're sounding desperate. Are you ready to go to the dark side and join the bring AB back group? Lmao

Damn bro, you're sounding desperate. Are you ready to go to the dark side and join the bring AB back group? Lmao

Another Fantasy play, eh? :p

I'm just keeping the news alerts on for his Ford Bronco highway chase any moment now.....

The only way they’d clinch a bye is if they beat BUF and KC loses at CHI, but I agree that if it happens he should be shut down for what would amount to 3 full weeks.
Huh? They can clinch a bye by winning out.

Doesn’t mean I wasn’t reading it

Why don’t you just acknowledge you are AndyJohnson? There are like zero regular posters who aren’t aware of this fact by now. You once again got caught in your pointless web of lies and got called out on it. All it does is make you lose credibility when you can’t simply acknowledge you are the same person.

Just seen you replied to PatsDynastyX2, but the above post shows from Chris Stephenson. Who is this Chris Stephenson and what has he done with PatsDynastyX2?

Huh? They can clinch a bye by winning out.
He was talking about them somehow clinching a bye this week and being able to hold Edelman out for the Miami game.

Why don’t you just acknowledge you are AndyJohnson? There are like zero regular posters who aren’t aware of this fact by now. You once again got caught in your pointless web of lies and got called out on it. All it does is make you lose credibility when you can’t simply acknowledge you are the same person.
Wait Ring6 is AndyJohnson? This will confirm if this theory is correct.

Ring6, in the Kraft Jupiter case, what is your opinion on the actions of the cop that pulled Kraft for a traffic stop after leaving the spa:

1. Completely legal;
2. Different to a cop witnessing a bank robbery and pulling perp over;
3. Stop was fruit of a poisoned tree.

The concern will be the Bills not really fully respecting Edelman due to widespread knowledge of his “gruesome” injuries, where they might consider him something of a decoy and take other options away.
The trick here is, none of the other options are worth taking away. So they will focus too much on them allowing Edelman to tear it up.

Just seen you replied to PatsDynastyX2, but the above post shows from Chris Stephenson. Who is this Chris Stephenson and what has he done with PatsDynastyX2?

Whoa! Well people kept saying that X2 was Chris S (a hall of fame poster from a couple years ago) so either he really is and outed himself or he’s playing along.

Same individual. Stephenson was sent to the Phantom Zone and because he missed this place so much he came back as PDX2. Seems hes gone back to his original account.

Let's hope hes learned from the reasons why he was banned and has made changes.

Well you could because he doesn’t.

Same individual. Stephenson was sent to the Phantom Zone and because he missed this place so much he came back as PDX2. Seems hes gone back to his original account.

Let's hope hes learned from the reasons why he was banned and has made changes.
Well, he couldn’t make it til next year. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back