PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman dealing with tendon injury in knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not worth the risk now then it shouldn't be worth the risk in the postseason. The playoffs have essentially already started as far as I'm concerned. This team needs a BYE just about as badly as they need edelman. They can't afford to lose again.

Also, it's possible that the team knows that resting him a week or two won't do much for the injury. Maybe surgery is the only thing that is going to help it. I'm just speculating here but it's a possibility.
It’s not just whether resting him helps the injury get better. It’s also whether playing him makes it worse. Even if surgery is the only thing that would help and rest won’t, it might make sense to rest him anyway just to make sure he’s available and not hurting worse in the playoffs.

It’s not just whether resting him helps the injury get better. It’s also whether playing him makes it worse. Even if surgery is the only thing that would help and rest won’t, it might make sense to rest him anyway just to make sure he’s available and not hurting worse in the playoffs.

I got elbow tendinitis last November from a variety of home projects. It's an mf'er, any bending of the joint beyond a 15 degree window hurts, extension is limited. Took about six months to heal.

Now, knees are tougher than elbows, and Julian Edelman is likely a tougher dude than I, but my guess is this will bug him for months.

That said, I am not opposed to resting the man for a few weeks.

Inflamed tendons can tear, so yes, playing is a risk. A patellar tendon tear could be a career ender

It's time to shut him down and hope he can come back in 4 weeks. If pats can't beat hapless bills wo him they don't deserve a bye anyway. Besided, he's almost useless playing injured.

Maybe draft some nifty wrs and tes instead of a 5th rb who isn't active, an injured ol who didn't even suit up, a big slow cb yet to play a down?

Perhaps, I just don't think we have the luxury to sit him at the moment. We can't afford to drop another game. So I don't think it makes sense to rest him in a very losable must win game. We have to go all out to get that BYE and worry about the rest later.

So choose one:

A. Jules plays Saturday, Pats beat the Bills but Squirrel comes up lame and can’t contribute rest of the season, he is useless all the way through the playoffs.

B. Jules sits Saturday, Pats lose to the Bills, but Squirrel is available for the post-season and able to contribute as needed.

Which is better or worse for the team, and why?

So choose one:

A. Jules plays Saturday, Pats beat the Bills but Squirrel comes up lame and can’t contribute rest of the season, he is useless all the way through the playoffs.

B. Jules sits Saturday, Pats lose to the Bills, but Squirrel is available for the post-season and able to contribute as needed.

I don't think the patriots win the SB in either scenario........But I would argue that A is better for the team assuming we get the BYE in that scenario and assuming we don't in scenario B.

This patriots team I don't think is good enough to win two road games against two really good teams in the playoffs. They just lost to the texans and ravens on the road and the chiefs at home. All of their biggest tests and they failed each one of them.

That being said I don't give them much of a chance to win without julez either but I do give them more of a chance. At least in that scenario you get to play one less game and only have to potentially go on the road once *or not at all if we get really lucky*. That is absolutely HUGE and I think that is more important than having julez but losing the BYE and having to play two road games in the playoffs.

Again, I don't like either scenario and I wouldn't feel great about either......But you asked me to pick one. I'm picking the one I think the pats need most. Even though I think they need both. The pats offense sucks with or without julez and we likely don't win without alot of help from the defense with or without him.

So choose one:

I don't think it's fair to ask this question without acknowledging another scenario

We rest Jules, lose against Buffalo and Jules still isn't really all that healthy come playoffs given what might be a serious injury that 4 weeks does nearly nothing for.

Not to be doom and gloom, or to troll, but this could be a very real scenario.

So choose one:

You need to include the 2 other options to lend perspective:
C. Same as A but they lose anyway.
D. Same as B but they win anyway.

Given all 4, sitting him is the best choice, for him and maybe the team. What happened with Next Man Up.

It's time to shut him down and hope he can come back in 4 weeks. If pats can't beat hapless bills wo him they don't deserve a bye anyway. Besided, he's almost useless playing injured.

Maybe draft some nifty wrs and tes instead of a 5th rb who isn't active, an injured ol who didn't even suit up, a big slow cb yet to play a down?
Respect. This isn't true at all and you're clearly judging reputation more than what has happened this season with both teams.

Ian Rapaport said on the NFLN morning show that Edelman feels better than he did last week and that viral video was just a "slow start" to practice.

I can't tell if this is misinformation being put out by the team to keep the Bills honest in coverage at the beginning of the game, or he's better off than Giardi has made him sound these last couple weeks. I'm guessing option 1.

It'd be great if the Chiefs lost in Chicago and we sit everyone vs Miami. Brady can play if he really wants to build continuity with some guys, but even sitting him would be good.

So choose one:

I choose c, he plays and we win and continue on to the Sb.

You need to include the 2 other options to lend perspective:
C. Same as A but they lose anyway.
D. Same as B but they win anyway.

Given all 4, sitting him is the best choice, for him and maybe the team. What happened with Next Man Up.
What happened to football players play football.

Ian Rapaport said on the NFLN morning show that Edelman feels better than he did last week and that viral video was just a "slow start" to practice.

I can't tell if this is misinformation being put out by the team to keep the Bills honest in coverage at the beginning of the game, or he's better off than Giardi has made him sound these last couple weeks. I'm guessing option 1.

Honestly if I it were true wouldn't it be better for the Bills to think Edelman is gimpy, then let him blow past the reduced coverage for a TD :D

No but why take a chance?
Because without JE11, the Pats don't stand a chance in the playoffs against good teams. He's 60% of the offensive production.

Assuming JE can't play, who do you think Pats can beat w/o him: HOU, KC, BAL, or MIA?

Clearly MIA, so rest him. Anyway, the Boogeymen alone can probably beat Fitzmagic and score more TDs than he throws.

Losing Edelman would be like when we lost Welker in 09. Granted this team has a better defense and more heart, but the offense would be akin to watching Tom chuck balls at Aiken all game against the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back