PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dwayne Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Because skill position players have historically had trouble learning our system, we should highly value players that have already successfully learned it and had success.
That is the very reason why Bill should've drafted Golden Tate, and yet...

That is the very reason why Bill should've drafted Golden Tate, and yet...

Unfortunately we don't develop young WRs well in New England. We tend to trade for the good ones. Look at the success of the Moss, Welker, and Cooks trades.

Tate would probably have been a bust in New England. I don't know why we can't develop our own young receivers, fact is we just don't.

As for Allen, he is a role player. Good insurance but that's about it. We do better drafting Tight Ends, I wish we had rolled the dice on guys like Kelce, Ertz, ASJ, etc. But we have the best TE in the league when he's healthy. So it's hard to complain, I just wish we had more talent at the 2nd string TE position.

Allen is clearly "OTL" with Brady ("off the list" - the designation in my house we give to bad restaurants that we try once and will never return to after our bad experience). I guess we will just have an expensive blocker for the year.

20 snaps for Allen, compared to Hollister’s 1.

Allen can be disappointing while still clearly being the second best tight end on the roster. I’m not sure why people seem to have such a hard time reconciling the two.

Is it possible for a player with the amount of snaps Allen plays each game to finish the season with 0 Rec - 0 Yards - 0 TD ??:eek:
Taking bets.:)

Allen can be disappointing while still clearly being the second best tight end on the roster. I’m not sure why people seem to have such a hard time reconciling the two.

They were running, and trying to impose their will via the ground game, last night. If that had been a TE passfest, those numbers would almost certainly have been much different.

Because his cap hit is the 8th highest on the team

Allen is clearly "OTL" with Brady ("off the list" - the designation in my house we give to bad restaurants that we try once and will never return to after our bad experience). I guess we will just have an expensive blocker for the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if brady never targets him again. Brady does not like Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back