PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayock said his arm strength is good enough you strongly disagree.

Mayok said that Ryan Mallet had “first round arm talent.”

huh.gif

Mallet had undeniable "1st Round Arm Talent."

It was just whole...quarterbacking thing...that he kind'f sucked at.
th_coffee.gif

Oh really? In regards to what, his arm strength? Show me any sequences on film that make you think he is capable of making nfl throws...

Let’s face it, you love him because he’s “smart” and acts like a “boy scout”

But have you seen his noodle arm in display?

He's interesting though. I agree that he doesn't have elite arm strength but he does have a pretty quick release and throws accurately. Imo being a great QB in the NFL has less to do with arm strength and a lot to do with knowing where to throw the ball. Reading defenses etc.. Anyway I've watched him easily throw the ball 45-50 yards down field which to me means he can get enough zip on the ball in the 0-20 yard range if necessary.

Mayok said that Ryan Mallet had “first round arm talent.”
Vec,
Cousin, the fact that arm is one item in a comparison, there are many more.
IMO accuracy, release time. awareness, anticipation and leadership a big arm. I'd rather have a QB who can throw a 20 yard out or seam pass accurately, and push the ball down field than a guy who can hit one or two "bombs" a game. Reading defenses is an art. If you can only throw a ten yard pass, if you can read a defense and know where they will NOT be, you are a winning QB. Brees, Brady and Rodgers can throw deep if needed, but their comfort zone is ten to twenty yards and see what is available.
The Pats "O" is not a long ball concept. You have Edge guys that have 4.5 speed today. How long can a QB stand in the pocket while even a guy like Cooks can fly down the field?

I don't think he is in my top five, but Luke Falk is a rhythm QB. If you can teach him to read Defenses and get his release quicker, although again he is not my first choice, Falk might be the best fit for our Offense. Not the Browns, Bills or Bronos , but the Pats. He has decent size and arm. He follows a good regiment to get ready to play with film work ad nauseum and wants to learn, and FYI a Brady fan. He displayed accuracy, vision and anticipation on the field, and impressed NFL teams with his maturity, football IQ. He has had private workouts for the Pats (which mean nothing)
Rather have Mason Rud0olph or Lauletta, but this guy fits more.
DW Toys

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. Blind squirrel rule, etc.

In this case it's almost literal: They choose their mock by throwing markers at pages on a draft magazine, and Mazz sounds like a squirrel.

It's a complete myth that Pats picks are never mocked. Of course there is always a surprise somewhere but Hightower, Chandler Jones, Mayo, Solder, Darius Butler, Cyrus Jones, Dominque Easley were all regularly mocked to the Pats or outright named as the Pats pick before hand. Even Rivers and Wise were regularly mocked to the team last year.

He's interesting though. I agree that he doesn't have elite arm strength but he does have a pretty quick release and throws accurately. Imo being a great QB in the NFL has less to do with arm strength and a lot to do with knowing where to throw the ball. Reading defenses etc.. Anyway I've watched him easily throw the ball 45-50 yards down field which to me means he can get enough zip on the ball in the 0-20 yard range if necessary.

He didn't have the arm to make all the throws at the FCS level. He was getting picked off a lot because his balls were floating in the wind or failing to reach their targets. If he can't throw a tight out, and I don't think he can, then he's not a pro quarterback. It's too bad, because if you grafted Josh Allen's arm to his body, you'd have the perfect quarterback prospect. He might still be worth a shot, because who knows, but that shot shouldn't come in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Agree with this 1000%.

My wife's nieces and their husbands are all Giants fans and they mock the Pats constantly.
Because they won 2 SBs?

That franchise is rotten to the core.

My dad is a Giants fan and even he admits there is an unjustified elitist quality amongst Giants fans.

He's really very bad. Wouldn't trade more than a bag of footballs for him.
I agree. However, (if he came here) I’d trust Scar’s coaching ability. Technique issues can be cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back