PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they won 2 SBs?

That franchise is rotten to the core.

My dad is a Giants fan and even he admits there is an unjustified elitist quality amongst Giants fans.

Well, first of all, I was really just trying to be "punny". Epic fail, there, apparently.

I'm not sure why they're Giants fans in particular, but they are kind of natively "elitist" and likely would be whether Giants fans or not. My wife and her sibs grew up in the real-life version of Star's Hollow and all attended Ivy League schools.

Anyway, they "mock" the Pats mainly because they're terrifyingly young (late 20s). Thus, they have only a shallow understanding of football and its history (and pretty much history in general), and are extremely susceptible to the manipulative narratives propagated by BSPN, CNN, etc.

They also mock the Pats to try to get a rise out of me, to some extent, and have always been extremely skeptical of (or apathetic about) any explanation I have on any subject. Although I was born in NYC, I'm from Michigan (which is where my wife and I met), so there's always this unspoken undercurrent to my relationship with her sibs and their progeny that she "married down."

Elway announced that the 5th pick is for sale. He seems desperate to trade down.

That's very interesting. They could use some help on that OL. Nelson's one of those guys that likely will be effective right away. Maybe they can fleece some idiot team. Maybe the bills.

Predicted Chad Jackson
Honestly I think that maybe the only one I got right

I wish you'd been wrong. Saw lots of him his 2 training camps here. Sculpted, robust Ty Law type physique with zero in the head. Brady visibly despised him, at one point in scrimmage stoped play to signal him off the field as apparently he'd lined up totally wrong again. He'd be on the field yukking it up instead of focusing on his assignment. Visibly awful. I used to attend camp a lot back then and got blasted on this forum for calling him out as a bust from the get go. Visible bad attitude. Marked contrast to Deion Branch who grokked everything from day one at camp.

I wish you'd been wrong. Saw lots of him his 2 training camps here. Sculpted, robust Ty Law type physique with zero in the head. Brady visibly despised him, at one point in scrimmage stoped play to signal him off the field as apparently he'd lined up totally wrong again. He'd be on the field yukking it up instead of focusing on his assignment. Visibly awful. I used to attend camp a lot back then and got blasted on this forum for calling him out as a bust from the get go. Visible bad attitude. Marked contrast to Deion Branch who grokked everything from day one at camp.
That's interesting you say that because the limited time he was on the field before his ACL tear, he was making an impact for the Pats. While you didn't see it much on the stat sheet, you could see what he was capable of when he was blowing by DB's and picking up some PI's particularly during the game against Chicago. He even admitted after his ACL tear he couldn't cut at all so that basically ruined his career.

I don't trust Elway as a trade partner. I think there is zero chance Bill will trade with him. Just an opinion.

I don't trust Elway as a trade partner. I think there is zero chance Bill will trade with him. Just an opinion.

Ummm .... ?

With the draft trade value chart, I'm not sure how "trust" or "don't trust" enters into it. A trade for picks either works out mathematically or it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back