Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Has Been More Crucial to the Pats' Success?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D- and I think I’m being generous based on then Harmon Int. Jeffrey actually should’ve came down with that

well, philly dropped 3 int opportunities in the first half.

if brady had the ball out instead of locking onto gronk so obviously, we win the turnover battle, and we possibly win the game. it is what it is. wasn’t good enough.

i am just saying, the pats d played a tick better than philly’s d, which is sort of moot because we lost.

Interestingly the defense ended the season exactly how it started, giving up 40+ points.

Lmao

Rusty,It’s really hard to be any more delusional than you are.

Get help.

no idea who rusty is, but considering i nailed this game’s analysis to the t, i wouldn’t call that delusional.

i would call it pretty damn acurrate. bb is the best gameplanner on d i have ever seen, but he whiffed on sunday which i was not expecting.

foles shredded minny’s d so i figured the game
would be of the high scoring variety.

have a nice day, “ivan”.

You watch football. That was an F on D. Not only did the consistently drive on us with ease, but they controlled the clock. This was the worst performance by a Patriots defense in the last 17 years

sorry, ne’s D performed better overall than philly’s.

the brady fumble at the end was the difference in tbis high scoring affair.

yes, the d needed one of those stops on 4th and 1 to flip the game, and they failed, but for one half, brady shredded that supposed vaunted d, and that was without cooks.

and philly had it easy in the first half with out poor offense and special teams work.

yes, the d needed one of those stops on 4th and 1 to flip the game, and they failed, but for one half, brady shredded that supposed vaunted d, and that was without cooks.

and philly had it easy in the first half with out poor offense and special teams work.

Haha, you're just being a troll. Only an idiot would think our Defense played a 'C' grade. I know you're trying to rile everyone

A 50% and a 40% are both Fs. Not sure what relevance the Eagles defense has on ours. We're not grading on a curve here. Both can play like **** and be rated accordingly. There is absolutely no way that was a C performance. D- at best.

Rusty, The only person who person who thinks that you are awesome is you. And that kind of narcissism is a clear sign of mental illness.

I’m being serious.

Seek help.

wow.........I .......... uhhhhhh........ agree

You watch football. That was an F on D. Not only did the consistently drive on us with ease, but they controlled the clock. This was the worst performance by a Patriots defense in the last 17 years

So, I was thinking about a +/- scale to avoid this AND I was sort of judging NE's inferior D comparing it to Philly's supposed vaunted D.

And then I added in the fraadulent TD by Clement, which was a 4 point swing and Brady's fumble.

Ok, D+/C-?

Does that work?

Do you honestly think Philly fans are running around right now saying how bad their D sucked?

lmao

You people are strange.

Offensive Era, QB league. I don't love it either, but I am also older than Millennials.

The irony of you getting what you wanted with all the points, the rules, your video games and multiple fantasy leagues. Congrats!

Now we have actual Super Bowls that look JUST like a video game, yet you think BB doesn't know what he's doing?

For 10 years, I just watched Ted Thompson or Ozzie Newsome be praised by the media. I sat back and laughed as I watched them BOTH make glaring errors in their team builds.

Ted never could draft on defense. Ever. Name one player he drafted that he kept and won a title with, past 2010 pre Rookie Cap:

You won't be able to do it. You know Nick Perry is overpaid? Because it's the only guy Thompson could point to in the Rookie Cap Era (2011-Present), where he could say he didn't completely whiff on a defensive draft pick. Obviously, Clinton-Dix was a good pick, but his front 7 work was hideous. So, Nick Perry has this god awful contract because he had leverage on Thompson. BB doesn't let this crap happen to him, so wee have the best GM ever, regardless of what you Brady fans say. Some of us are fans of the TEAM, not just Brady.

And with Ozzie? Oh, the arrogant Ozzie/Harbaugh duo....Good thing Kap choked at the goal line, huh? Did you see how many points the vaunted Baltimore D gave up in SB 43?

Hmm.

Offensive league. The way to win is GREAT offense, and a good defense.

I agree our D was not good, but our offense was asleep again (So was STs), in the first half. The slow start by the offense was as much to do with the loss as the lack of a stop the D didn't get.

Every aspect of the game could have been better. Looking at a final stat line NEVER tells you everything and how the game unfolded.

A 50% and a 40% are both Fs. Not sure what relevance the Eagles defense has on ours. We're not grading on a curve here. Both can play like **** and be rated accordingly. There is absolutely no way that was a C performance. D- at best.

Well, I was. Ok, sure, D is fine. Philly's was an F, though. Had a lead from Foles outstanding throws, and then blew the lead, and was bailed out by a free 7 points that was not a TD.

The first time in my life I have ever seen a TD call reviewed in a SB where they got it wrong. Not a coincidence it happened against our team.

no idea who rusty is, but considering i nailed this game’s analysis to the t, i wouldn’t call that delusional.

i would call it pretty damn acurrate. bb is the best gameplanner on d i have ever seen, but he whiffed on sunday which i was not expecting.

foles shredded minny’s d so i figured the game
would be of the high scoring variety.

have a nice day, “ivan”.

You see Rusty, if someone is actually as awesome as you think you are they don’t have to say it, others do that for them

For example: Me

You never see me telling people how awesome I am, that’s what Kontra and Quantum are for. In fact Kontra was just singing my praises this morning, and Quantum writes so many posts touting my awesomeness that it actually gets embarrassing at times. I wouldn’t tell him that however, he could get upset at me, and if he ever gets out of SuperMax I honestly don’t want him pissed at me.

You should take this to heart and learn from it,

So, I was thinking about a +/- scale to avoid this AND I was sort of judging NE's inferior D comparing it to Philly's supposed vaunted D.

And then I added in the fraadulent TD by Clement, which was a 4 point swing and Brady's fumble.

Ok, D+/C-?

Does that work?

Do you honestly think Philly fans are running around right now saying how bad their D sucked?

lmao

You people are strange.

Offensive Era, QB league. I don't love it either, but I am also older than Millennials.

The irony of you getting what you wanted with all the points, the rules, your video games and multiple fantasy leagues. Congrats!

Now we have actual Super Bowls that look JUST like a video game, yet you think BB doesn't know what he's doing?

For 10 years, I just watched Ted Thompson or Ozzie Newsome be praised by the media. I sat back and laughed as I watched them BOTH make glaring errors in their team builds.

Ted never could draft on defense. Ever. Name one player he drafted that he kept and won a title with, past 2010 pre Rookie Cap:

You won't be able to do it. You know Nick Perry is overpaid? Because it's the only guy Thompson could point to in the Rookie Cap Era (2011-Present), where he could say he didn't completely whiff on a defensive draft pick. Obviously, Clinton-Dix was a good pick, but his front 7 work was hideous. So, Nick Perry has this god awful contract because he had leverage on Thompson. BB doesn't let this crap happen to him, so wee have the best GM ever, regardless of what you Brady fans say. Some of us are fans of the TEAM, not just Brady.

And with Ozzie? Oh, the arrogant Ozzie/Harbaugh duo....Good thing Kap choked at the goal line, huh? Did you see how many points the vaunted Baltimore D gave up in SB 43?

Hmm.

Offensive league. The way to win is GREAT offense, and a good defense.

I agree our D was not good, but our offense was asleep again (So was STs), in the first half. The slow start by the offense was as much to do with the loss as the lack of a stop the D didn't get.

Every aspect of the game could have been better. Looking at a final stat line NEVER tells you everything and how the game unfolded.

Clement play was a catch where our guy got beat (outstanding throw and read by Foles). Our defense was horrible, not only did we get gashed through the air and ground we also allowed long Philly drives and were horrible on 3rd downs. Imagine Gilmore didn't play it would have been a 50 burger.

I think you need to re-watch the game or something

As you know, I’m far from an over the top homer. I’m not afraid to call out some players or decisions or point out what I perceive as weaknesses from time to time, but some of these threads and takes on Belichick are beyond ridiculous. They’re embarrassing.

If I didn’t know any better I’d think people were trying to run him out of town. Honest to God. I’m baffled.

Obviously they’re overreactions, but I can sympathize to a degree. Bills defense let the team down, plain and simple.

The offense missed some opportunities. But 33 points should get the job done. Especially in the Super Bowl

3 Reasons I agree it's Brady over Belichick:

1. Brady allows BB to focus on other aspects of the team outside of the QB position. A luxury he has enjoyed for 18 years. Longer than any other HC in the NFL and currently more than 85% of teams that draft, sign, draft, sign QBs year after year taking away their focus of the other aspects of the team.
2. Brady does not break the bank! He allows for BB, the GM to have more dollars to sign current players to extended contracts and sign FA. He's not Arod or Strafford tying down the dollars at the QB position.
3. Brady is the GOAT!!!! He is a once in a lifetime player and teammate!

It's his job to put the blame on himself, he's not the only coach to do it.

You're cool, but it's real cute that you would insinuate that others are responding emotionally, when you're doing the same, responding to the audacity that anyone would have in questioning whether Belichick should be fired or not without applying any logic but "5" to your argument.

I mean, if you want to go 12 rounds with me, I can supply more than just the "5" argument, if you want to call it that. I can start with the defense last year, note points allowed after halftime of Super Bowl 51, and then work my way back with each unit probably up until the halfway point of 2012 when Talib was acquired. I figured 5 Lombardis would have been sufficient though. Let me know.

I didn't say he should be fired. I said if he retired, or got fired, I would not react as if the team would be any better or worse, because it can't be. He's done an average job since 2009. Lets not act like the AFC hasn't been weak for years now. Lets not act as if owning the QB-less AFC East since the dynasty was born is some great accomplishment, when all the teams have sucked, outside of 2 seasons, since I started watching the game, which was the Pats and Panthers SB.

You really should take a breather for a few days and collect yourself because you're not applying logic anymore. 2009-2012 can widely be seen as rebuilding years, with 2009 being the year Brady was coming back from the knee injury. Those years all resulted in playoff appearances, two championship game appearances, and a Super Bowl appearance. 2013-2016 saw two injury-riddled seasons derailed and two Super Bowl wins. The team was staring down its third in four years on Sunday but injuries in the front seven caught up with them along with a questionable game plan. So to say...

He's done an average job since 2009

...is utterly ridiculous and you really should step back and take a second to admire how stupid that stance really is. And of course the team would take a step back if it lost the GOAT head coach.

Lets stop giving Belichick a pass becausw of his ealier success.

You would have something if the team had consistently disappointed since 2004, but they haven't. They've won two Super Bowls in the last three calendar years.

His defenses have sucked for 10 seasons

This is blatantly incorrect.

and he gets a pass because he won 5 trophies, despite the D embarrassing themselves nearly all season.

I'm certainly not giving him a pass. I've been as critical of Belichick since Sunday night as anyone here. But there's a difference between not giving him a pass and saying that he's done an average job since 2009. The former is a reasonable stance. The latter is pure insanity.

Cleveland has mediocre players on offense and trash for defense. If Brady wins 2 for them, should we care whether the coach stays or go? I know I wouldn't. This has been my opinion of Belichick way before last Sunday. Just because he won 5, it doesn't mean we ignore the obvious. Just because he won 5 it doesn't mean the person who disagrees with your opinion of Belichick is "less intelligent" or "emotional." It simply means they have observed the team for years and is still looking for this "genius," that they claim is in NE. It simply means that the observer is convinced that this team would've won those last 2 SBs, and possibly Sunday's SB, without Belichick. I ain't that emotional, just bored this morning.

I suggest that you find something to do because the boredom is leading to some hilariously bad takes. You're trending into HAWT TAEK territory.

He’s an idiot.

Yep. 1,200 posts in a month. He's projected to hit somewhere between 14,500 and 15,000 posts in a year (if he's not banned again first). If he somehow manages to stay for 10 years, like some of the forum regulars have, he's projected to make 150,000 posts. That's pretty pathetic. You almost have to feel bad for the guy.

3 Reasons I agree it's Brady over Belichick:

1. Brady allows BB to focus on other aspects of the team outside of the QB position. A luxury he has enjoyed for 18 years. Longer than any other HC in the NFL and currently more than 85% of teams that draft, sign, draft, sign QBs year after year taking away their focus of the other aspects of the team.
2. Brady does not break the bank! He allows for BB, the GM to have more dollars to sign current players to extended contracts and sign FA. He's not Arod or Strafford tying down the dollars at the QB position.
3. Brady is the GOAT!!!! He is a once in a lifetime player and teammate!

See, this is why right here I wanted Brady to retire (half kidding), especially if they won the game. Would have been a cool way to go out AND it would completely debunk how dumb it is to think Brady made BB.

I mean, this seems to come up every time the Pats DO NOT win a SB, where entitled Bradyites, somehow think Brady and BB should never lose, when the reality is, these SBs in the cap era, are usually coin toss games.

Hilariously comical.

If SF drafted "local boy" Brady in 2000 or Matt Millen with the Lions because of the U of M proximity, I'd bet my life Brady in no way shape or form would have had a similar career. No way. Absolutely no way.

There are not many well run franchises in this league.

The teambuilding, cap health, continuity, etc, are all BB GM staples, and it's why he's the best GM (as well as coach) in the history of the NFL, if not all of sports.

A lot of you need to read Patriots Management Secrets Vol 1 (in particular). Will probably change your mind REAL QUICK, on who made who.

Brady is essentially BB's dream skill set as a QB.

BB liked QBs that had the IQ, quick release, accuracy, willingness to be coached up, etc, etc, etc.

BB worked EVERY DAY since day 1, personally, with Gaorppolo, which tells everyone here that they were INTENDING to make him the successor and Garoppolo would have been real good here. Really good.

Yep. 1,200 posts in a month. He's projected to hit somewhere between 14,500 and 15,000 posts in a year (if he's not banned again first). If he somehow manages to stay for 10 years, like some of the forum regulars have, he's projected to make 150,000 posts. That's pretty pathetic. You almost have to feel bad for the guy.

Yes, objectively talking sports on a board while working is really something that should generate sympathy. The horror of it all!

Gee, can make a cute little avatar like you someday, big guy?

PS Your insecurity and inferiority complex is a delight to watch.

Clement play was a catch where our guy got beat (outstanding throw and read by Foles). Our defense was horrible, not only did we get gashed through the air and ground we also allowed long Philly drives and were horrible on 3rd downs. Imagine Gilmore didn't play it would have been a 50 burger.

I think you need to re-watch the game or something

He didn't beat. He was right there in inside position and Foles made yet another perfect throw. Flower's position was enough to make Clement adjust how he caught the ball, and it moved down where he had to re-corral, for the incompletion.

I saw what happened, dude. We all did. It was not a TD.

Getting "beat" is when you're not in position to make a play. That's even remotely close to what happened there. Flowers was the guy I wanted out there from Snap 1. He, Chung, even BAdemosi in spots, were my predicted big game guys, as darkhorses. Chung, maybe not so much, but I felt Flowers's speed was needed, but BB started Roberts. I don't agree with it.

I would have only used Roberts on an obvious 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 as a plugger up the middle. That's it. He lacks range and can't play laterally.

Even though benching Butler MAY have been a mistake, the loss of this last superbowl should only prove that Belichick is more important than Brady. Brady played out of his mind, but at the end of the day, defense wins Superbowls. Even the Eagles proved it, though their offense was great that day, if it wasn't for that one defensive play, they would've lost.

What Brady did sorta reminded me of what Peyton use to do against the Patriots defense: he would throw for obscene amounts of yards over and over again, yet our defense manage to win the close games. It was only until the later part of his career that the tide started turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back