Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Has Been More Crucial to the Pats' Success?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, sorry, but it's so true. Someone above disagreed with my comments, doesn't counter, then runs away in a Brady jersey, a video game controller, a dark basement, 6 fantasy leagues and then tuning into Felger/Mazz at 2PM everyday.

Look I dont care about how you rationalize it I am just telling you that it has a very offputting effect on a lot of people here. If you dont care about it then go on but dont be surprised if fewer and fewer people respond to you because they put you on their ignore list.

The point of the entire place is discussion and you often bring some interesting takes. It is a shame for it to go to waste...

7561106.jpg

Yes, pretending starting slow every SB will never come up to bite us, is ABSOLUTELY a level of stupid.

It's called odds.

Can't have miracles at the end of every SB.

Sometimes it's Brady, sometimes it's BB. BB let us and the team down on Sunday, but overall who can argue with the team's success?

If I am such an idiot, how on earth can I predict things so consistently? That makes no sense.

Go look at the gameplan threads and read what I wrote. Literally everything I said needed to happen, really didn't.

Rusty, The only person who person who thinks that you are awesome is you. And that kind of narcissism is a clear sign of mental illness.

I’m being serious.

Seek help.

If I am such an idiot, how on earth can I predict things so consistently? That makes no sense.

Go look at the gameplan threads and read what I wrote. Literally everything I said needed to happen, really didn't.

Thanks Rusty, you just made the case for me.

Look I dont care about how you rationalize it I am just telling you that it has a very offputting effect on a lot of people here. If you dont care about it then go on but dont be surprised if fewer and fewer people respond to you because they put you on their ignore list.

The point of the entire place is discussion.

That's fine. Truthfully? I don't really feel comfortable having a serious discussion with any adult males in Brady jerseys who listen to Felger and Mazz.

Sorry.

I can only imagine their show this week in the 2-6 slot.

I grew up going to games on metal bleachers dreaming of the SF 49ers franchise somehow moving to Foxborough. Now we have it, and we have angry, entitled Millennials trying to tell me about the sport all angry and bitter over this.

It's quite comical.

To say this game was on Belichick is an understatement. The burning of a timeout in the fourth quarter just for a 3rd and 6 when the Eagles weren't even on midfield was questionable. That's nonsense we would laugh at other coaches for doing if it they were to wish they had it back. Even if they get the first down, it's not the end of the world. Those timeouts are valuable.

The gameplan was atrocious. The bend but don't break nonsense is getting old. It only works by relying on your opponents to commit mistakes such as penalties, errant throws, and turnovers. Aside from Zach Ertz's false start in the opening drive, Philly didn't make a major mistake afterwards. The Pats took nothing away defensively. Bill didn't get his guys ready and prepared to make tackles to force 3rd down stops. He hasn't had a great defensive gameplan in almost 15 years. By the way, that was when he had Ty Law, Teddy, Vrabel, Harrison, McGuiness, and more that he inherited from Parcells.

Hoodie is the best of all time. Don't get me wrong. However, part of that is attributed to how he consistently relies on his opposing coaches being dumber than him. He teaches his players to not lunge for the endzone to avoid what happened with Jessie James in the Steelers game (Tomlin isn't a good enough coach to emphasize such as a thing). So many coaches mismanage timeouts (Andy Reid), get a delay of game after timeouts (Marone in the Bortles play), leave Gronk covered one on one with someone that can't do it (Tomlin), and hurriedly calls for a slant passes in the congested endzone with the game on the line (Pete Carol). The issue becomes what happens when he faces a coach that isn't going to make those type of mistakes with a talented roster? (Coughlin, the Hardbaughs, and now Pederson).

I know Butler had an illness but if he was okay enough to play special teams, he surely could have gotten some snaps on defense. Furthermore, it surely doesn't explain why Rowe was placed on Jeffrey instead of Gilmore in the first quarter. The inexplicable decision cost the pats points early in the game. Once Gilmore went on Jeffrey, he shut the receiver down. Why wasn't he on Jeffrey from the start? Also, did Bill not watch the Vikings' game to see that stopping the slants on these RPOs would lead to deep balls? It killed the Vikings. It didn't kill the Falcons only giving up slants as the Eagles only scored 15 points. No real gameplan was installed. Don't only scapegoat Patricia. Bill is a defensive minded coach so he's there with him making these decisions and he hired him anyway. Good luck Stafford and the Lions.

Once again, Brady played well enough to win. Bill has been relying on opponents screwing up and Brady bailing him out time after time after time (Seahawks and Falcons game). He and the front office have gotten complacent again with this roster. It is devoid of talent in the front seven compared to the teams they've face. The quality drop in the league as it pertains to smart play and the success they pulled out have made them believe everyone else is stupid. However, tonight the Eagles proved otherwise.

You could argue Bill the general manager and the head coach has cost Brady more rings. I am not saying Brady has always been perfect. No one is. But he has played well, especially today, to win. I'm waiting for Bill to have great gameplans. He's been installing simple plans like having a tight end chip on a pass rusher like JJ Watt or double teaming a receiver like Hopkins. Some thing most teams are too stupid to replicate but instead whine about the Patriots winning.

People talk about the system. Brady has had different offensive coordinators that he makes look good because of his ability to read defenses, make accurate throws, sense pass rush, look off linebackers and safeties, not throw to receivers he doesn't trust, lead receivers, and exploit mismatches on the field. I used to get frustrated watching Patriot teams such as the 2011 Patriots put out guys like Russ Ventrone at the secondary but relying on Brady bailing them out. These two Superbowls were won because Brady has gotten even better the last 4 years and due to teams choking. In this game, our opponents surprisingly didn't choke and that's why we lost. I know other guys stepped up and did their job like Bill preaches but they're still getting outplayed and out schemed for stretches.

History repeated itself. This game felt awfully similar to the late fourth quarter of the 2011 Giants Superbowl game. Belichick is a great coach with his attention to detail, mastery of the rule book, his ability to find hard working guys and put them in position to succeed, his teams being discipline, and his in game management. However, we've seen that only works if his roster is very talented and can make plays and or Brady being Brady. Once a coach actually has a clue and faces Bill, the Hoodie isn't always besting them with his simple gameplans. Hopefully, the Pats will learn from this and load up like how they did in 2014 following those previous seasons of the same playoff failures from the same aforementioned reasons.

I must have missed Wes Welker dropping a pass last Sunday. Or, Asante letting an int go through his hands Sunday night.

When talking about XOs he actually has insight. I just dont need all the baggage 70% of those posts come with.

What baggage?

Dude, I've lived outside the NE area for 20 years. The reason why people hate Pats fans is because we're so spoiled that if they were to read these threads, these people would just shake their heads, while writing emails to their owners to find ways to cheat us, due to a jealousy never before seen in human history, literally with anything.

The fact is, Philly played a better 4 qtr game than we did. I tip my cap. Foles was throwing dimes all over the field into incredibly tight windows. It happens.

Just because #12 trots onto the field, it doesn't give us some entitlement to win the game.

THAT is why people loathe us.

I said it leading up the game. If we play an A game, our Am game will be superior to Philly's A game.

We played a B+ game on offense and a C game on D.

Philly played an A game on offense and a D game on D. Their D was absolutely atrocious even without Edelman or Cooks out there.

Part of that was Brady and the O Line, but part of that is how tailor made our offense was to chew up that D that was really only built to the stop the run.

I just want to know why we only start on offense in the 2nd half.

When we hopefully go back to the SB next year, I want points in the 1st qtr. No more acting like the first half for the offense is irrelevant.

What baggage?

Like you calling people millennials or generally being passive aggressive.. but whatever you dont seem to care what other people think so go on with it..

But dont expect any discussion because people will just stop responding.

On that note, I am done with his talk so reply all you will..

Rusty, The only person who person who thinks that you are awesome is you. And that kind of narcissism is a clear sign of mental illness.

I’m being serious.

Seek help.

Who is Rusty?

As far as me needing to defend myself, after clearly articulating my opinions before the game, specifically saying certain things to get it on record, explaining the WHY of my opinion, has nothing to do with narcissism.

We could lose the SB next year even if the D played well, but it would be because of yet again, another sluggish start by the offense, and you'd apparently attack me for pointing it out. It happened in SB 42 and SB 46, but imagine if Brady played like he did on Sunday in those games? We'd have 2 more Lombardis in Foxborough.

That's YOUR problem, not mine.

The D needed to play better, but as you can see Foles's D let him down, too, WORSE than what our D with Brady. But, Foles, played a better first half, aggressive, attacking, accurate. The seed he throw on the Jeffery TD was perfectly defended, for example, just like his perfect defense on Julio Jones on that sideline seed in the 4th vs Atlanta.

QB League. Offensive Era.

Get it?

This means, the time and play lost in the first half mattered. Of course it matters. 60 min game.

And, you're a board bully, which is just sad if you're an adult.

Like you calling people millennials or generally being passive aggressive.. but whatever you dont seem to care what other people think so go on with it..

But dont expect any discussion because people will just stop responding.

On that note, I am done with his talk so reply all you will..

Is that offensive? Why? Yes, Millennials are strange. They're naive, entitled, have trouble with history, learning from others, etc. Everyone knows it. Do you work in the workplace? I do. I noticed it 10 years ago and it just grew progressively worse.

The internet changed our society, much of it for the worse. I am sorry you aren't aware of this.

If someone pointed out issues in Gen X with these concepts I just listed, I'd probably chuckle and admit it, but those don't apply to Gen X. It's a problem, dude. You being defensive about it right now, sort of proves the point.

Most of our online fans grew up with Kraft and seeing titles everywhere in Boston.

They have zero perspective of reality and apparently never left NE.

Belichick is definitely more valuable than Brady!!!!

Belichick is the most influential person in the entire football operations, it is not debatable.

The only debate that there might be is if you are only talking about on game day. But even then I am in the BB camp, but I can at least see why others disagree when it comes to influence on a particular game.

Without Belichick none of this is possible.

BB does is all from managing the cap to planning travel itinerary like when they stayed in Denver vs coming back to NE. ridiculous. Sirius NFL radio said that the Refs told them that only the Patriots ask more questions than all other teams. Intelligent questions on how the game will be officiated.

What baggage?

Dude, I've lived outside the NE area for 20 years. The reason why people hate Pats fans is because we're so spoiled that if they were to read these threads, these people would just shake their heads, while writing emails to their owners to find ways to cheat us, due to a jealousy never before seen in human history, literally with anything.

The fact is, Philly played a better 4 qtr game than we did. I tip my cap. Foles was throwing dimes all over the field into incredibly tight windows. It happens.

Just because #12 trots onto the field, it doesn't give us some entitlement to win the game.

THAT is why people loathe us.

I said it leading up the game. If we play an A game, our Am game will be superior to Philly's A game.

We played a B+ game on offense and a C game on D.

Philly played an A game on offense and a D game on D. Their D was absolutely atrocious even without Edelman or Cooks out there.

Part of that was Brady and the O Line, but part of that is how tailor made our offense was to chew up that D that was really only built to the stop the run.

I just want to know why we only start on offense in the 2nd half.

When we hopefully go back to the SB next year, I want points in the 1st qtr. No more acting like the first half for the offense is irrelevant.

A C game on d?

Belichick is definitely more valuable than Brady!!!!

Belichick is the most influential person in the entire football operations, it is not debatable.

The only debate that there might be is if you are only talking about on game day. But even then I am in the BB camp, but I can at least see why others disagree when it comes to influence on a particular game.

Here is the way I look at it:

Brady is the ultimate equalizer as the GOAT. But, this is like saying Auerbach had nothing to do with the Celts, and it was all Bill Russell, which is clearly not true.

But, if you're talking about why the league is in a raging cap hell or always rebuilding, this is where BB proves he's the best as the architect of all of this.

Brady probably has no clue about economics, and wouldn't know the first thing

Any successful NFL team needs a great owner that stays out of the way, a GM that basically should be copying BB's every move and approach, and a good leader at QB.

Basically, people get googly eyed over Brady's stats, but as you can see, really any QB that is not awful, can put up gaudy stats in this era, but it really means nothing if you make a blunder or two or have large stretches in other parts of the game, where you underperform.

Stats are for losers, like BB says.

I have no doubts in my mind, that BB will be looking high and low for the next JimmyG, and I think they may be considering someone like a Kyle Lauletta.

And when and if McDaniels takes over, he will implement the cap formula and teambuilding concepts he believes in, and he won't be as great as BB, but the approach will be there because Kraft knows how this was able to happen.

Who is Rusty?

As far as me needing to defend myself, after clearly articulating my opinions before the game, specifically saying certain things to get it on record, explaining the WHY of my opinion, has nothing to do with narcissism.

We could lose the SB next year even if the D played well, but it would be because of yet again, another sluggish start by the offense, and you'd apparently attack me for pointing it out. It happened in SB 42 and SB 46, but imagine if Brady played like he did on Sunday in those games? We'd have 2 more Lombardis in Foxborough.

That's YOUR problem, not mine.

The D needed to play better, but as you can see Foles's D let him down, too, WORSE than what our D with Brady. But, Foles, played a better first half, aggressive, attacking, accurate. The seed he throw on the Jeffery TD was perfectly defended, for example, just like his perfect defense on Julio Jones on that sideline seed in the 4th vs Atlanta.

QB League. Offensive Era.

Get it?

This means, the time and play lost in the first half mattered. Of course it matters. 60 min game.

And, you're a board bully, which is just sad if you're an adult.

Lmao

Rusty,It’s really hard to be any more delusional than you are.

Get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes