PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you trust Garoppolo to pick apart Miami's secondary, and not be rattled by Ndamukong Suh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the miami defensive line is probably as good as any in the NFL, this is a significant test for our guys. Parker is going to play also so if Butler cant then I think we might have a matchup problem with Parker... although I think Parker is not yet proven in the NFL. Wake is the guys I worry about the most. Jimmy is going to have to have his head on swivel because I think the entire Miami game plan is going to be getting after Jimmy. It is obvious of course but cant our guy stop the rush...Im not so confident.

Why do you and Deus call him JAG? He's not a "jag-off" or "Just A Guy." I don't know why this bothers me but it does.

Maybe because that is his name?

James Anthony Garappolo

Yes.....I am not worried about suh or Williams .... we have been here before with both and they're not scary at all
I do feel me Suh scary. The guy was blowing through seatle's line like it wasn't there

Why do you and Deus call him JAG? He's not a "jag-off" or "Just A Guy." I don't know why this bothers me but it does.
Haha Tune! You're an honest guy and I think we all have those little things that bother us.

Refusing to go right on red often has me wishing I had a built in missile launcher in my front grill....but that's me :D

This is a huge test. If JG can remain calm under the rush and deliver the ball I will be even more impressed. Any update on Solder's status?

I don't know how anyone can feel confident about JG at this point

All we can do is hope and trust in the coaches

As with anything after week 1, don't read too much into the success or the failure of teams in one game.

Seattle has had and continues to have offensive line issues. That is huge given it tends to run the ball and needs to get movement. When the Hawks were best, there was a very solid offensive line. Without a good line, it is an offense looking for an identity and that makes it easier to disrupt. Putting up 10 points, on the road or at home, with 214 yards of offense does not scream juggernaut. It means the defense had better be lights out or it can expect a blow out as more pressure is put on the offense.

Miami always seems to give the Pats trouble, so this game will likely be no different. If the Pats defense shows up again, then the offense just needs to be decent to put the pressure on the Miami offense. The Pats have handled Suh before, so I expect no difference in this game.

Last edited:
Miami's linebackers can be exploited.

Too bad gronkowski is out.

This game is all about how our o line plays.

According to Pats Pulpit, Miami has several big holes on their team that the Pats can (and probably will) exploit, particularly their secondary. I just wonder if Jimmy will be good enough to make the passes and connect to key receivers like he did against Arizona.

Also, seems like Ndamukong Suh will bring pressure on Jimmy. Miami's D-line had a great performance Week 1 - hitting Russell Wilson nine times and sacking him three times. Can Jimmy improve his pocket presence and continue to keep his composure against this kind of pressure? Will he hold up behind a less-than-stellar o-line like ours?

Of course I do. JFG all the way! :cool:

We're gonna need some wicked smaht offensive calls and great ol coaching from the master to win.

[QUOTE="Ochmed Jones, post: 4727552, member: 2650]
Too bad gronkowski is out.
.[/QUOTE]
was he ruled out?

I don't know how anyone can feel confident about JG at this point

All we can do is hope and trust in the coaches
Why wouldn't you feel confident? He played pretty well is his only start.

Yes, the MIA secondary is largely sub-par, besides Reshad Jones & didn't we JUST see Bennett & others have a GREAT blocking night against AZ????? Our young OL will have help...not saying it'll be easy, but worried?? NO. Quick passing game will help negate the pass rush. Who's covering Hogan, Minitron, DA, Mitchell, White, Bennett & more importantly GRONK (if he suits up)????....

Bennett was a beast last week.

I'm more concerned with Suh "accidentally" stepping on JG's ankle like he did with Russell Wilson last week........

Suh doesn't rattle anyone. He's more of a dirty player than anything else. I end up worrying about him pulling one of his cheap shots, so I'm more acceptable of Brady missing this game (and the JJ Watt game too).

Haha Tune! You're an honest guy and I think we all have those little things that bother us.

Refusing to go right on red often has me wishing I had a built in missile launcher in my front grill....but that's me :D

I wish for that missile launcher when I'm waiting to take a left onto a street and a person coming from the right speeds up and, without a signal, zips around me to take a left.

I pretend I have twin chain guns and triggers on the steering wheel when people cut me off.
I make machine gun noises and pretend I'm strafing them as I turn the wheel towards them to get more time on target.

Just my little way of coping.

I just heard this on the radio. Pro-Bowler, Russell Wilson, finished with a career-high 43 pass attempts in the Miami game, and was only able to put up 12 points.

Jimmy's definitely gonna have his hands full

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference