PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant rumored to have done something really bad...

I just realized that rumor time is much much longer than real time. Kensilgate was supposed to be wrapped up in a week and we were supposed to see the supposed tape in 24 hours. Oh well, time to head over to the DezBryanGate subforum and see what's happening there

Schefter is about as on point and reliable as they come. no idea why you would believe Schefter is lying instead of believing the tape exists.. doubly so now that Dez had his little Twitter rant. Obviously something is going on.

Schefter may not be lying, but he's being mealy-mouthed. He claims he hasn't seen the tape. I like Schefter but it's important to remember dude's an ESPN tale-spinner, not a real journalist.

Schefter may not be lying, but he's being mealy-mouthed. He claims he hasn't seen the tape. I like Schefter but it's important to remember dude's an ESPN tale-spinner, not a real journalist.

Something about Schefter really irritates me, however, he is spot-on with 99% of his reports from a factual perspective. I've said it before and will say it again, Schefter has the inside track unlike any other NFL insider. In fact, when big news breaks in the NFL, I almost always wait for Schefter to confirm before I believe it. Again, he just flat-out annoys me as a human being, but I respect the fact that he doesn't generally report stories without getting extremely reliable confirmation.

Something about Schefter really irritates me, however, he is spot-on with 99% of his reports from a factual perspective. I've said it before and will say it again, Schefter has the inside track unlike any other NFL insider. In fact, when big news breaks in the NFL, I almost always wait for Schefter to confirm before I believe it. Again, he just flat-out annoys me as a human being, but I respect the fact that he doesn't generally report stories without getting extremely reliable confirmation.

Right, but the way he played that entire interview was sort of an "I can neither confirm nor deny..."

Rumors swirling that Dez is actually the demon spawn of Anita Bryant and Bob (Price Is Right) Barker. If true....then...apocalypse.

That might say a lot more about Anita and Bob than it does about Dez. :p

Ahh, I thought this was about Dez trying to contort his body like a circus gymnast in order to score the winning touchdown in the playoffs and be the hero, rather than do the smart thing and come down with the ball and assure a catch on the 2 yard line, the result instead being his team is knocked out of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Why is a millionaire NFL player shopping at Wal-Mart? Isn't that at least 50% of the motivation to become a millionaire... not having to shop at Wal-Mart?

So the "source" claimed the video would be released and it wasn't. Once again we are lied to by the media but those scoundrels will continue to get "the benefit of the doubt" about the veracity of stories.

"C&J: Have you … so you’ve heard about this video?

AS: Heard about it?

C&J: Yeah. Have you seen it? Do you know what’s on it?

AS: Yeah.

C&J: Have you seen it? Is it less than complimentary?

AS: I have not seen it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-on-a-dez-bryant-video-story-since-september/

I think your emphasis might be off. I think he was answering "Yeah." to the question "Do you know what's on it?" So he's heard about what it shows, but hasn't physically seen it himself.

I think your emphasis might be off. I think he was answering "Yeah." to the question "Do you know what's on it?" So he's heard about what it shows, but hasn't physically seen it himself.

Which makes what difference?

I don't have opinions on things i haven't seen and i'm not a professional journalist.

Why is a millionaire NFL player shopping at Wal-Mart? Isn't that at least 50% of the motivation to become a millionaire... not having to shop at Wal-Mart?

A lot of these guys still shop at regular places,there isn't a high end place to buy Doritos or something. Also if they want to stay millionaires then frugality is a good idea

A lot of these guys still shop at regular places,there isn't a high end place to buy Doritos or something. Also if they want to stay millionaires then frugality is a good idea

I doubt the money they save from shopping Walmart instead of Home Depot or is going to be the thing that keeps them millionaires. :)

Doritos aside, Walart is not where you go to buy quality. Spending more on a tool that will last you a lifetime will save you from having to buy the same tool again when it inevitably breaks in a few years.

And how many actors and athletes could have saved millions by hiring a driver at 50,000 a year instead of driving home intoxicated or stoned?

People like Scarface and Hernandez would have saved themselves had they paid for the services of a consigliere.

Hell, Sonny Corleone might still be alive if he had sprung for an E-Zpass.. ;)

Whatever anyone wants to call Schefter, he's one of the best at what he does.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back