PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant rumored to have done something really bad...

They said the video was going to be released today.........and :rolleyes:

The hype has me skeptical - seriously how can a video be five times worse than the Ray Rice video? If it were, then we would be reading substance - not rumor.

Just came here to put the Sharks of Vegas confirmed. I didnt believe it existed, but now I do.
This doesn't mean anything to me personally. Zero. It's a prediction that can't be wrong. Either the tape comes and they can pretend to be right, or the tape never comes out and they theorize Bryant or someone close to him must have bought it and erased it. There is literally no way to prove this statement to be false. This whole thing is a load of B.S. until someone puts it out there

FWIW, Dez apparently had a Twitter rant—which he quickly deleted—about being "betrayed."

Figured it out. It's an old video of him and Michael Vick doing a real dog and pony show.

No, throughout this thread, you are basically arguing that the benefit of the doubt belongs to "unnamed sources" published by an agenda-filled media rather than the Patriots (who have never lied to the NFL, although the media has lied numerous times to the public about their "scandals.) Let's give Terez Owens and TMZ the benefit of the doubt and not Dez Bryant.

If someone is to get the benefit of the doubt, it sure as heck shouldn't be the whispers of some unnamed sources. Did you happen to miss the entire Deflate-Gate BS that went down? The media doesn't care about accuracy; they will do anything to get clicks for a scandal. So, it is ridiculous that in saying the Patriots/Bryant don't "deserve" the benefit of the doubt yet the ratings machine out there, yes, let's take them at their word in the absence of facts and evidence.

To me, no one gets the benefit of the doubt. I'll put down my pitchfork in the absence of evidence. As of right now, no video has been released, yet you are on here basically saying that you think it exists because Dez Bryant doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. So, if there is in fact no video, the next time some BS story pops up, I'm sure you will again side with some unnamed sources that claim to have secret, unproven information yet won't give their name.

I would rather either give the benefit of the doubt to a real person (rather than an unnamed source) or better yet, give no one the benefit of the doubt and just look at facts. Factually, rumors mean nothing, zero. Rumors about Dez Bryant says exactly this about Dez Bryant: .

You can continue forming opinions about people based on your limited understanding of their past (probably also based on unproven rumors) and rush to judgements... after all, by doing that, you are setting up the next person, like yourself, very nicely to confuse perception with reality. Just keep repeating it enough and the rumor becomes factual.

I'll give Adam Schefter the benefit of the doubt. He didn't go off the rails during deflategate, and says he has known about Dez since September.

Wow did you go strangle a kitten after writing this post? Bonkers...

It is a common thing for prior bad acts to be used against you, why don't you go hang out in your local courtroom for a day and see it. I don't give a **** about spygate but I'm not to stupid to recognize the fact that whenever the Patriots are involved in some type of investigation it is going to be considered.

Actually, in a court room, prior bad acts are inadmissible during a trial as they can/will unduly prejudice a jury. That you did something previously doesn't mean that you are guilty of doing it this time.

If you are convicted, THEN prior bad acts can be introduced during the sentencing phase.

Actually, in a court room, prior bad acts are inadmissible during a trial as they can/will unduly prejudice a jury. That you did something previously doesn't mean that you are guilty of doing it this time.

If you are convicted, THEN prior bad acts can be introduced during the sentencing phase.

Unless you put your character in issue, then the prior bad acts are in play, subject to some restrictions. But I think he may have been refering to "3 strikes" laws.

Will Jay-Z and Roc Nation allow the tape to come to light?

I doubt it, myself--especially if it's already been 6 months. My guess is that there's certainly "something" out there, but that they did a good job of protecting their client by paying someone off.

Unless you put your character in issue, then the prior bad acts are in play, subject to some restrictions. But I think he may have been refering to "3 strikes" laws.

Good point.

I doubt it, myself--especially if it's already been 6 months. My guess is that there's certainly "something" out there, but that they did a good job of protecting their client by paying someone off.

As an interesting point, if the agent or the team pays a "blackmailer" off (especially the latter), that might constitute a violation of the CBA and/or the rules governing agents.

As an interesting point, if the agent or the team pays a "blackmailer" off (especially the latter), that might constitute a violation of the CBA and/or the rules governing agents.

I'd certainly agree. I'm just pointing to the possibility of more clout and available resources, that's all--especially considering that it's already been 6 months and you have guys like Schefter and Florio working on it for half a year, with no findings.

You know you have a lot of connections when you regularly have the ear of the President of the United States whenever you so choose. Politics, business dealings, entertainment, music, sports, fashion, thugs, drugs--lots of connections for sure.

I also find it coincidental that Bryant reached out to Roc Nation sometime in the month of October, although that is speculative at best...

I think you overestimate the power of Jay-Z.

I think you overestimate the power of Jay-Z.

I'm not meaning to throw out conspiracy theories as much as I am pointing out another possibility. Whether or not I'm overstating the power of Jay-Z (I would agree that I probably am), you've got to admit that someone's doing a pretty nice job of keeping this supposedly damning tape at bay. Hell, it's been 6 months now.

The fact that Bryant didn't dispute it, but actually removed some comments where he seemed to agree that people are betraying him etc only helps to keep our speculative juices flowing.

In my opinion Schefter has nothing but he can't keep his mouth shut and stay away of the media spotlights, so there's a rumor and he never heard anything about it and starts to say things that do not compromise him but gets the attention he wants, like "It might rain tomorrow, or not". "If it rains, the rain will probably be wet".

I've been working on it for 6 months = I just heard about that but I will say a "internal source" told me about the existence of a tape a few months ago.

If Dez clears this rumors I hope he sues the fuk out of Schefter.

In my opinion Schefter has nothing but he can't keep his mouth shut and stay away of the media spotlights, so there's a rumor and he never heard anything about it and starts to say things that do not compromise him but gets the attention he wants, like "It might rain tomorrow, or not". "If it rains, the rain will probably be wet".

I've been working on it for 6 months = I just heard about that but I will say a "internal source" told me about the existence of a tape a few months ago.

If Dez clears this rumors I hope he sues the fuk out of Schefter.

Schefter is about as on point and reliable as they come. no idea why you would believe Schefter is lying instead of believing the tape exists.. doubly so now that Dez had his little Twitter rant. Obviously something is going on.

Just saw Florio interviewed by phone on Boomer and Carton. All I can say is I need a shower right now. What a despicable scumbag. Bryant could well be guilty, but Florio is unspeakably sleazy.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back