PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

It's now a he-said shex16-said case. It's getting difficult to keep up. It also adds to the number of hoops you and @Simpelton have to jump through to defend the predator.
The number of accusers matters very little until there's actual evidence of wrongdoing. I'd like to wait and see how many of these women are actually willing to appear in court and submit to cross examination. I'm almost willing to guarantee it won't be the whole 16.

Even if they're as honest as the day is long, testifying is incredibly stressful, and one of the reasons predators (assuming for the moment Watson is one, which has not yet been proven to any degree at all) get away with their crimes is that women don't want to relive the trauma by testifying. It's what makes matters like this so hard to prosecute in a criminal court. And probably has a lot to do with why Buzz Lightyear is taking this to a civil court intstead, where there's a reduced chance of needing to fulfil Watson's 6th Amendment right to face his accusers in open court.

Also to be blunt about it, the more accusers come to light the more I think that this situation is going to find itself in a courtroom. Watson has a lot to lose by settling now if he's innocent (which is, again, unproven, but for the moment let's assume). By not facing the accusations and beating them he lets 16 counts of sexual assault pass without comment. People have been "cancelled" over less. MUCH less. he's got to fight it and try to beat it if he wants to get his life back. Unlike @XLIX I think this is virtually guaranteed to go to trial at this point. We'll see if I'm right.

The number of accusers matters very little until there's actual evidence of wrongdoing. I'd like to wait and see how many of these women are actually willing to appear in court and submit to cross examination. I'm almost willing to guarantee it won't be the whole 16.

Even if they're as honest as the day is long, testifying is incredibly stressful, and one of the reasons predators (assuming for the moment Watson is one, which has not yet been proven to any degree at all) get away with their crimes is that women don't want to relive the trauma by testifying. It's what makes matters like this so hard to prosecute in a criminal court. And probably has a lot to do with why Buzz Lightyear is taking this to a civil court intstead, where there's a reduced chance of needing to fulfil Watson's 6th Amendment right to face his accusers in open court.

Also to be blunt about it, the more accusers come to light the more I think that this situation is going to find itself in a courtroom. Watson has a lot to lose by settling now if he's innocent (which is, again, unproven, but for the moment let's assume). By not facing the accusations and beating them he lets 16 counts of sexual assault pass without comment. People have been "cancelled" over less. MUCH less. he's got to fight it and try to beat it if he wants to get his life back. Unlike @XLIX I think this is virtually guaranteed to go to trial at this point. We'll see if I'm right.
The number of accusers, which is probably higher than the 16 so far, does matter. There are simply too many who are willing to take the chance of going up against a highly paid lawyer in court, which we agree is stressful.

I hope it does end up in court and they show it live. I want to get a look at all of the accusers and Watson's character witnesses and see which ones I think are credible. I'd also like to find out why Watson goes through so many masseuses. That's pretty incriminating.

I'll have the cheese-its ready just in case.

The number of accusers matters very little until there's actual evidence of wrongdoing.
This. This this this this this. This.

All I have ever said is I will afford Watson the benefit of the doubt until I see/hear some actual evidence. And it is amazing how many people get upset at that notion.
I hope Watson does have the gumption to fight it all the way because I think as we get closer and closer to the actual court date, all of a sudden the number of accusers is going to drop. But realistically it depends.... what conversation is Watson having with his lawyer?

(A) "I am absolutely, 100% innocent and I am going to fight this all the way" or....
(B) "I am absolutely, 100% innocent but can't prove it so if there is a way to make it go away for cheap dollars, let's do that" or....
(C) "Most of these women are totally full of it, but a couple of them have legit points that I behaved inappropriately.... so maybe let's figure out a way to pay and make it all disappear...."

There is just no way of knowing what Watson himself wants to do here.

The number of accusers, which is probably higher than the 16 so far, does matter. There are simply too many who are willing to take the chance of going up against a highly paid lawyer in court, which we agree is stressful.
Here is a little thought experiment: How do you know there are 16 (or more) accusers? Because 16 women have all come forward with their stories of Watson's impropriety? Or because 1 single man has come forward and claimed there are 16 women who told him (and him alone) their stories of Watson's impropriety?

Think about it.

If we hear from 16 women saying Watson assaulted them, that's a lot of evidence and you got a legit point. But we don't have that yet, do we?

24 accusers now?

24 accusers now?
None of which have even come out of the woodwork and told their story yet.

When it comes to truth, quantity is no substitute at all for quality

None of which have even come out of the woodwork and told their story yet.

When it comes to truth, quantity is no substitute at all for quality
I'm not saying he's guilty as I've said earlier the timing is odd just like AB.

Still waiting...

Houston Police Department: No evidence against Deshaun Watson has been submitted​

The Deshaun Watson situation has gotten very quiet since Tuesday. That could change as soon as today, based on the most recent word on Tuesday night from attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents 16 women who has sued the Texans quarterback for assault.

For now, though, not much is happening. Via KTRK, the Houston Police Department said Thursday that it has not yet received any documentation or other evidence from Buzbee. The lawyer has said that his office would be submitting affidavits and other evidence on Monday, March 22.

No new lawsuits have been filed since the total reached 16 on Tuesday. Buzbee has said that his office is talking to a total of 24 women who have concerns about Watson’s behavior during massage sessions.

I hope Watson does have the gumption to fight it all the way because I think as we get closer and closer to the actual court date, all of a sudden the number of accusers is going to drop.
Me too. Not necessarily becausethe women are liars either. Testifying in court is stressful to the point of being terrifying. Not everyone who can work up the courage to sign an affidavit can also work up the courage to face an aggressive cross examination. This is one of the big reasons that the numbers are not to be taken too seroously at this early date

I'm not saying he's guilty as I've said earlier the timing is odd just like AB.
AB made his own timing. For the six jundred thousandth time Brown was mot fired for being accused, he was fired for doxxing and harrassing the woman that accused him. If hed taken the same path watson has so far, let the lawyers do all the talking, he may still be a Pat

Reactions: ALP
AB made his own timing. For the six jundred thousandth time Brown was mot fired for being accused, he was fired for doxxing and harrassing the woman that accused him. If hed taken the same path watson has so far, let the lawyers do all the talking, he may still be a Pat
100% correct

So, the silence on the part of the two dozen accusers and letting their lawyer do the talking is evidence of a money grab but the silence on the part of Watson and letting his lawyer do all the talking is a great strategy. Those hoops are getting smaller and greater in numbers every day.

There's still one simple question that you keep avoiding. Why did Watson go through so many masseuses?

So, the silence on the part of the two dozen accusers and letting their lawyer do the talking is evidence of a money grab but the silence on the part of Watson and letting his lawyer do all the talking is a great strategy. Those hoops are getting smaller and greater in numbers every day.

There's still one simple question that you keep avoiding. Why did Watson go through so many masseuses?

Yeah also aren't most of these accusations "he said, she said" I haven't seen any evidence against cuomo and yet no one is giving him benefit of the doubt.

What we are seeing is why women wouldn't come out against a millionaire athlete. Doesn't matter if he ends up with 100 accusers. People will accuse them of being money grubbing because he is a talented QB.

And we've seeing that in the NFL as long as you have talent on Sunday no one really cares how horrible a person you are. I mean we viewed AB last year as a "redemption story"

But then laugh at josh gordon even though the only bad thing he has done is have a substance abuse problem which hurts no one but himself

But then laugh at josh gordon even though the only bad thing he has done is have a substance abuse problem which hurts no one but himself
Off topic, but that is definitely not true.

Checking back in. Any evidence yet?

Smear/cash grab is where I lean when it comes to athletes and attractive women. I guess only rockstars get to be whores. I'll start believing these claims when at some point one of these women slap the guy etc.

Smear/cash grab is where I lean when it comes to athletes and attractive women. I guess only rockstars get to be whores. I'll start believing these claims when at some point one of these women slap the guy etc.
c8ef5b55edf7523832eef407aab129c5.jpg

face_palm_homer.jpg

1226.gif

raw

The silence on the part of two dozen accusers is evidence of nothing at all. Which is my entire point.

Right now we don't even know the names or identities of any of these women. The police have outright stated that zero affidavits have hit their desk either. We have only Buzzbag's word that this number is even accurate. And if you've followed his career, Buzzsaw's word is not particularly credible.

In a word, we have seen nothing but hot air from the plaintiff so far.

When we see faces and hear firsthand accounts, THEN they start to matter to me. If they want to try and ruin a man's life from behind a screen of anonymity then I don't care what they say because they clearly lack the courage to MEAN what they say.

Again, I'm not so much standing up for Watson, as for the Sixth Amendment right to face one's accusers in open court. A right that's been stripped from Watson if this trial by media proceeds in the way Buzz Buzz wants it too. Fortunately Watson, unlike AB, got good legal counsel and is listening to them.

The silence on the part of two dozen accusers is evidence of nothing at all. Which is my entire point.

Right now we don't even know the names or identities of any of these women. The police have outright stated that zero affidavits have hit their desk either. We have only Buzzbag's word that this number is even accurate. And if you've followed his career, Buzzsaw's word is not particularly credible.

In a word, we have seen nothing but hot air from the plaintiff so far.

When we see faces and hear firsthand accounts, THEN they start to matter to me. If they want to try and ruin a man's life from behind a screen of anonymity then I don't care what they say because they clearly lack the courage to MEAN what they say.

Again, I'm not so much standing up for Watson, as for the Sixth Amendment right to face one's accusers in open court. A right that's been stripped from Watson if this trial by media proceeds in the way Buzz Buzz wants it too. Fortunately Watson, unlike AB, got good legal counsel and is listening to them.
I am very curious about whether any of these women are speaking to the NFL (i.e. Lisa Friel) and if so, how many.

Infinite claimants prove nothing in the absence of evidence.
One of the claimants has both her Mom and a friend that from last year, before any allegations were ever made, as witnesses that she told them about an experience she had about Watson that is similar to all the other claimants.

It's strange that you want to defend a creep so badly and paint the claimants, ergo the victims, in a negative light that they are money grabbers.

Don't give me innocent until proven guilty because you have had no issue accusing these many women of lying.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back