PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

Only for those who don't know how this stuff works. And I don't mean to single you out, because there are a lot of posts like yours, where people are demonstrating a lack of understanding of how this stuff goes.
My point is innocent until proven guilty. It’s not the other way around in this country. Some people have condemned him already. I will wait for the facts to come out.

Last edited:
So far the kids trying to be kids in Miami Beach have gotten more press than this "alleged" sexual predator. Shameful!

My point is innocent until proven guilty. It’s not the other way around in this country. Some people have condemned him already. I will wait for the facts to come out.
I referred specifically to your claim of a red flag. I didn't discuss Watson's guilt or innocence.

You can’t blackmail someone without having something on them.

You might want to see these people, they are the experts in exactly that.....

Looks like he can’t be traded until this goes away.

So far, all we've heard is one side of the story by one person Buzbee. He's very good at being a circus barker. We'll have to wait for court to hear the other side I suppose, if it even makes it that far. I wonder what the HOU PD is doing with all the evidence Buzzbe was supplying them 2 weeks ago. Lol

I don't instaface, so I was hoping someone could explain the above to me...

Does these mean he is deleting publicly available Instaface messages? If that's the case, it seems odd to me that no one discovered and reported on those messages. I mean, we see tweeterers from, like, 10 years ago surface from out of nowhere....

Or does it mean he is deleting private instaface messages? Is that even a thing? And if so, wouldn't the recipients maintain a record of the message, or do they lose it too?

So far, all we've heard is one side of the story by one person Buzbee.
That's not correct. Neither side has presented a full case, and neither side has been completely silent.

Even if it were, though, it wouldn't change the reality of the charges/claims.

And people pointing to the PD situation are missing the entirety of the point. This is not a criminal issue at this point, the attorney in question is not required to provide information (particularly on some specific timeline), and the police could get involved even without the attorney.

It's one thing to point out the obvious issues in any legal case, especially if you're willing to acknowledge possible problems with such claims. But what far too many on this board have been doing is making assumptions about what issues might be, using those assumptions to claim some level of a certainty, and then arguing from that false certainty. It's bootstrapping of the most ridiculous sort.

Also, the same people bagging on the claimants' attorney for failure to provide things in a particular time frame have chosen to ignore the fact that the respondent's attorney has done the same thing.

“I’m extremely proud to represent Deshaun Watson and wholly stand behind him against what we believe are meritless allegations,” Hardin said, via Mark Berman of FOX 26. “However, we will wait to comment in detail until we’ve completed our review of the numerous, evolving allegations from Mr. Buzbee. We will respond next week and ask you to keep an open mind until we do so.”

"Next week" was last week

Last edited:
Once again, NOTHING GOOD every happens to you because of social media, only bad things!

Why anyone has a social media account is beyond me, its like having a pet scorpin, sooner or later it is going to bite you!

I feel the same way about wives.

You
Yes real question. How do you blackmail someone without any proof they have dune something wrong? What do you do when they say go to hell?
What Buzzbee is doing right now. Kill his reputation in the media. Thats what you do. After all, in the words of popular British political comedy "Yes Minister," "no one makes press statements under oath."

Not close to the same thing.
Not the same thing no, but a similar thing.

I struggle to believe you can be this painfully naive.

Even it Watson turns out to be guilty in these cases, if someone was trying to shake him down for money the tactics would be exactly the same. The trick is to make it cheaper to pay them than to fight them. Do that and you can get a payout even if what you're saying is a bold faced lie.

That's not correct. Neither side has presented a full case, and neither side has been completely silent.

Even if it were, though, it wouldn't change the reality of the charges/claims.

And people pointing to the PD situation are missing the entirety of the point. This is not a criminal issue at this point, the attorney in question is not required to provide information (particularly on some specific timeline), and the police could get involved even without the attorney.
Any fair analysis of the situation has to note that while Buzbee has said he provided info to the police, and he has promised to provide info to the police, latest word from the police is they have not heard from him or seen any such evidence.

It sure seems that Buzbee wants people to believe he went to the police. Given that he is doing his best to try this case in the media, such statements become pretty important. He wants the public to believe he has already gone to (or is going to go to) the police with this when right now that is just not true.

But he sure has thrown it out there an awful lot.

You

What Buzzbee is doing right now. Kill his reputation in the media. Thats what you do. After all, in the words of popular British political comedy "Yes Minister," "no one makes press statements under oath."
That’s not blackmail. Blackmail is withholding damaging information for money.
They are alleging Watson is guilty, so both sides of blackmailing someone who had done nothing wrong fail the test.

Not the same thing no, but a similar thing.

I struggle to believe you can be this painfully naive.

Even it Watson turns out to be guilty in these cases, if someone was trying to shake him down for money the tactics would be exactly the same. The trick is to make it cheaper to pay them than to fight them. Do that and you can get a payout even if what you're saying is a bold faced lie.
So wait. You think that a political organization that represents a specific group doing whatever they need to to push their cause equals blackmailing someone with no offense to hold against them?

Suing someone and seeking to settle is not blackmail. Perhaps you need to study the definition of blackmail.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back